Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 5455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by mclovin07 Hey everyone its been awhile since i posted as a regular. ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mclovin07 View Post
    Hey everyone its been awhile since i posted as a regular. Thats what college does to you espescially my senior year lol. Im so ready for the galaxy s to come out. im hoping within the next 2 weeks. Hard to wait on a new phone knowing your contract is out and can get one thats out now if i wanted to. Does any plan on rooting the galaxy s? If so I would like a vid or instructions on how. I am new to rooting and would hate to brick my phone.
    I plan on getting a Galaxy S, and also plan on rooting it when it's possible. Judging by how fast the US Cellular Mesmerize was rooted, there won't be a long wait. I suspect that same 1clickroot method will work for the Showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by crackaberry View Post
    PM I hear there is no notification light on the galaxy? So how would one know if he got an e-mail or a text other than by sound? Does the samsung have any lag and also what is the search engine Bing or Google?
    No notification light on this one... there is an app called NoLED that gives a notification on the screen for missed calls, SMS, etc. Search engine will be Google... Bing on Android is a Verizon thing.

crackaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks Jbreakfield I can live without the led . I am leaning towards the galaxy more so than the HTC Desire. I am with verizon and my search engine is google cant stand bing. Sorry that I left C.S. but I wanted the droid and I wish I had stayed. C.S. plans you just cannot beat them no kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by crackaberry View Post
    Thanks Jbreakfield I can live without the led . I am leaning towards the galaxy more so than the HTC Desire. I am with verizon and my search engine is google cant stand bing. Sorry that I left C.S. but I wanted the droid and I wish I had stayed. C.S. plans you just cannot beat them no kind of way.
    Verizon's Galaxy S (Fascinate) has the Bing search engine. Are you considering going back to CS, then?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    In fist sales of the Fascinate they had Google but now have Bing. VZW is talking about going back to Google.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    In fist sales of the Fascinate they had Google but now have Bing. VZW is talking about going back to Google.
    That would probably sell more Fascinates...

Google?? hellz yeah....im not a Bing fan at all. My cousine in Cali just got one from VZW and said Bing sucks on it...the stuff it brings back from search arent near as good as Google.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

DrHogie no está en línea Stack level 1

CellSouth Milestone Update?

Just got a notice on my Milestone that there is a Software Update available from Motorola. I'm downloading it now -- anyone know what this does? I doubt it's the 2.2 update . . . or is it?

EDIT: Update finished downloading. it says:

Software update "Update Package" from Motorola Inc. has been downloaded and is ready to install. Installation will take 1-2 minutes, yadda yadda yadda.

Not 2.2....sorry
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    keeps failing on my device, thinking about going custom on this one, any suggestions? I know this has been talked about before but was really wanting an update on was installed a while ago as far as stability
    Last edited by walkintall67; 11-03-2010 at 11:33 PM.

crackaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am seriously thinking about going back to C.S.. Not just for the Galaxy but I will be saving a lot of money. Walkintall have you rooted your milestone yet?
    Last edited by crackaberry; 11-04-2010 at 04:21 AM.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yep

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gnohra View Post
    That's funny! Thanks for the link.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    keeps failing on my device, thinking about going custom on this one, any suggestions? I know this has been talked about before but was really wanting an update on was installed a while ago as far as stability
    I assume you mean the custom roms?
    I still recommend Bugless Best V0.5
    There are flashier roms, but I have found nothing that is as stable or smooth running.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome