Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

question.. i see the galaxy showcase has 2gb of built in memory well how much ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

question.. i see the galaxy showcase has 2gb of built in memory well how much will actually be left of that 2gb when we get the phone? i would atleast like to have 1gb to use for apps to insure the phone doesnt slow down due to low mem like the hero does.
    Correct me if im wrong but i believe i heard that it was goin to be 1.5 gigabytes if free memory after everything else has been added

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mclovin07 View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but i believe i heard that it was goin to be 1.5 gigabytes if free memory after everything else has been added
    i hope you're right that sounds good. now if i could only get a release date i'm so ready for a new phone. after playing with my friends desire i almost want to get one but i'm tryn to wait on this galaxy

rnelson989 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah, I mean why not just announce a release date already.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Its still testing...theres no way a date can be put out yet.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Theres a ton of memory on the Galaxy...i have over 50 apps on mine and theres still plenty.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Ive had some hands on time with the Galaxy tab...its awesome!, only think i wish it had was a multi touch keyboard. I took a few pics witht he tab along side my Galaxy phone..its pretty awesome!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

rnelson989 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Pmarshall,

Just curious, not specifically talking about the Galaxy S but what is the typical span between testing a product and release? I was wondering how extensive the test out process is in relation to actually releasing a product for purchase.....

The reason csouth phones take so long....is the test process is extensive. Csouth tends to see half the issues other large carriers see simply due to testing. Most companies sell a phone with minimum issues then quickly send out an update or "patch". Csouth hardly sees this with android. BB..whole nother story.lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just FYI for rooted desire owners - I am now running the cyanogen mod rom which is a Froyo rom. It is still listed as experimental but i have not seen the slightest issue. My battery life is much better. I am sure this has a lot to do with it not running sense at all. ADW launcher is built into the rom. ADW launcher and Zeam Launcher seem to be my favorite launchers.

I think the rom is very very stable from my use so far and I pay very close attention to details. The smallest things bug me but I can't find anything wrong with this rom so far. LOVE IT!!! Best part is that its FROYO and I don't have to wait on HTC and Cell South to release the froyo update.

The links are burried in the the following link
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/forum/1...erimental-mod/

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/forum/118-htc-desire-cdma/

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Any news on updates for the recently released androids for CS? Don't need one but was curious

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Its still testing...theres no way a date can be put out yet.
    Hey pm,
    Can you tell us if you're doing any Galaxy testing?

Also, I'd like to see those pics of the Galaxy tab... saw a rumor that it's coming to Best Buy in a WiFi only version for $499... if that's right, it's a little steep.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Check this out android tablet for $99

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Walgreen...news-8451.html

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    Just FYI for rooted desire owners - I am now running the cyanogen mod rom which is a Froyo rom. It is still listed as experimental but i have not seen the slightest issue. My battery life is much better. I am sure this has a lot to do with it not running sense at all. ADW launcher is built into the rom. ADW launcher and Zeam Launcher seem to be my favorite launchers.

I think the rom is very very stable from my use so far and I pay very close attention to details. The smallest things bug me but I can't find anything wrong with this rom so far. LOVE IT!!! Best part is that its FROYO and I don't have to wait on HTC and Cell South to release the froyo update.

The links are burried in the the following link
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/forum/1...erimental-mod/

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/forum/118-htc-desire-cdma/
    FYI Update: I found one issue with Cyanogenmod but i am sure it will get fixed. Pictures taken with camera have a bad green/yellow tint. I went back to original rom and pictures take fine. I reported the issue so hopefully it will get fixed

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does Unrevoked have S-off built-in now or is Unrevoked forever still required to get S-off?