Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

That was a rough game lol, I didn't expect it and glad I didn't bet................ C Spire/Cellular South forum

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

That was a rough game lol, I didn't expect it and glad I didn't bet.............

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Greetman sent you a pm just having some issues with rooting

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    Greetman sent you a pm just having some issues with rooting
    replied to your pm. Let me know if that info does or does not help.

Ok sent you one back sorry should have gave you that info

Man where is everybody been dead on here for days.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ive been extreamly busy, very busy in the store and out of the store crazy life. Whats new with everyone? Im looking for a dell streak to try out at the moment and bout to purchase a new car...been sick a lil and getting over that...thats where ive been ha
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Whats everyone think about that sony google tv?? Anyone gonna get it?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Man Google is taking over Apple really messed up waiting this long to release a cdma iPhone sure it will sell well but there is so much Google and the manufacturers are doing don't know if Apple can keep up

Apple should fold. (android eating apple here)
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Ok geet I got unrevoked to run but still got an issue Pm'd you about it

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    Ok geet I got unrevoked to run but still got an issue Pm'd you about it
    cyberwaste:

do you have a super user icon under applications? If so, you have root. To make sure you can download an app that requires you to have root (Example:Root Explorer app) and when you open the app it should prompt you with a screen asking if you want to allow/deny superuser permissions. Also you can download a terminal command line app and once inside the Terminal type su if the terminal then jumps down a line and displays a # you have root...

Then, to see if you have s-off go to bootloader by turning phone off and holding down the power and volume down button until the bootloader screen comes up. Having s-off (security off) is basically having your phone completely unlocked. If you have s-off you can get root access back very easily if you accept an OTA update. Without s-off, you'd be stuck waiting for someone to figure out how to root whatever update gets pushed out. If you don't have s-off you can use unrevoked forever to achieve this.

Also, i would highly recommend that you go ahead and make a backup. You can make a nandroid backup by choosing recovery from bootloader and then choose backup. You need backups b/c I don't currently know where to find a cell south shipped rom for the desire and it can be very easy to screw up thinks with a completely unlocked phone bc you have so much freedom with what you want to do, but custom roms for CDMA desire are starting to show up.

dphase is a cell south desire user over at XDA that is a developer and is working on the following roms and hacks

[CDMA] Cellular South CDMA Desire Hacks - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=790864

[CDMA] [ROM] HTC Desire Froyo 2.2 w/SenseUI (12 OCT 2010) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=806841

[CDMA] [ROM] MIUI for DesireC (Cellular South/USCC | 13 OCT 2010) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=807247

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Apple should fold. (android eating apple here)
    android-eat-apple-decal.jpg
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Anyone heard from Garfield lately. It seems he has disappeared from the stacks.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    just waiting....

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    cyberwaste:

do you have a super user icon under applications? If so, you have root. To make sure you can download an app that requires you to have root (Example:Root Explorer app) and when you open the app it should prompt you with a screen asking if you want to allow/deny superuser permissions. Also you can download a terminal command line app and once inside the Terminal type su if the terminal then jumps down a line and displays a # you have root...

Then, to see if you have s-off go to bootloader by turning phone off and holding down the power and volume down button until the bootloader screen comes up. Having s-off (security off) is basically having your phone completely unlocked. If you have s-off you can get root access back very easily if you accept an OTA update. Without s-off, you'd be stuck waiting for someone to figure out how to root whatever update gets pushed out. If you don't have s-off you can use unrevoked forever to achieve this.

Also, i would highly recommend that you go ahead and make a backup. You can make a nandroid backup by choosing recovery from bootloader and then choose backup. You need backups b/c I don't currently know where to find a cell south shipped rom for the desire and it can be very easy to screw up thinks with a completely unlocked phone bc you have so much freedom with what you want to do, but custom roms for CDMA desire are starting to show up.

dphase is a cell south desire user over at XDA that is a developer and is working on the following roms and hacks

[CDMA] Cellular South CDMA Desire Hacks - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=790864

[CDMA] [ROM] HTC Desire Froyo 2.2 w/SenseUI (12 OCT 2010) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=806841

[CDMA] [ROM] MIUI for DesireC (Cellular South/USCC | 13 OCT 2010) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=807247

Do you have to make a gold card out of your sd card before rooting? I know enough to be dangerous when it comes to stuff like this, so I'm a little leery about rooting. Also, I read where overclocking makes the processor or internals of the phone not last as long. Mine needs to last at least 2 years. I want to root my Desire, but I need a dummies guide with very simple steps in layman's terms.