Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by DarkDreg i did the same thing last night and thought i bricked ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreg View Post
    i did the same thing last night and thought i bricked it. I had to go figure out this adb shell push & flash_image thingy and i finally got it back to booting up.
    I did get root access and s-off though.
    I think ill wait to do anything else as far as roms go.
    The WHOLE reason i want root was I was trying to find a good wireless tether program that actually worked now that i got root. a few i tried just didnt work
    Have you tried Wireless Tether for Root Users? That one has worked great for me (note that I don't have a Desire, although it should be very similar)

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anybody interrested in a like new milestone with incipio case and car mount? $400

DrHogie no está en línea Stack level 1

Question about rooting Milestone

So I found this forum thread from the csouthforums site. I'm a current HTC Hero owner (running DamageROM) and I'm jonesing hard for a physical keyboard. It looks like the Milestone's going to be the only hardware-keyboard/Android phone at CS for a long time . . . and I've almost talked myself into getting it. I'm pretty familiar at this point with nandroid, rooting, etc. but I am having trouble finding out one thing.

I read msmith posting on csouthforums that he's running Bugless Beast on his Milestone -- are there any changes you have to do to these ROMs to get them working on CSouth? I remember kyleisthebeast's old Bittersweet ROM, you had to make some changes at the end since it was based on a Sprint ROM. I skimmed through the BuglessBeast thread on droidforums.net from work but didn't have a chance to delve deep into ~90 pages of stuff. Also, since the CSouth Milestone is the same as the VZW OGDroid, I'm having trouble finding a dedicated forum to our Milestone.

I'm also trying to find out what everyone thinks of the Milestone's keyboard. I did get a chance to type on a turned-off one at the CSouth store (the display model was clamped shut -- wtf) and it still feels as spongy as ever. That's still the main reason I'm looking at the Milestone over the Hero Maxi (i.e. Desire).

Thanks in advance guys,
    DrHogie

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    On the Milestone the screen keyboard is all I use. Much better than the Hero screen keyboard!

Any rom will work for the milestone. Me and msmith have been back and forth trying all kinda roms rooting was easy flashing roms also i'm running shadow rom right now. The keuboard isnt bad not a blackberry keyboard but still ok. I like mine and wouldnt be selling it if I didnt need the money.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHogie View Post
    So I found this forum thread from the csouthforums site. I'm a current HTC Hero owner (running DamageROM) and I'm jonesing hard for a physical keyboard. It looks like the Milestone's going to be the only hardware-keyboard/Android phone at CS for a long time . . . and I've almost talked myself into getting it. I'm pretty familiar at this point with nandroid, rooting, etc. but I am having trouble finding out one thing.

I read msmith posting on csouthforums that he's running Bugless Beast on his Milestone -- are there any changes you have to do to these ROMs to get them working on CSouth? I remember kyleisthebeast's old Bittersweet ROM, you had to make some changes at the end since it was based on a Sprint ROM. I skimmed through the BuglessBeast thread on droidforums.net from work but didn't have a chance to delve deep into ~90 pages of stuff. Also, since the CSouth Milestone is the same as the VZW OGDroid, I'm having trouble finding a dedicated forum to our Milestone.

As far as the keyboard, it is usable. Honestly, I do not use it as much as I thought, but I like the fact that it is there. It is not as good as a BB keyboard, but better than not having one IMO. Also, the extra screen real estate makes the virtual keyboard easier than the Hero by far.

I think you would be pleased.
    I'm also trying to find out what everyone thinks of the Milestone's keyboard. I did get a chance to type on a turned-off one at the CSouth store (the display model was clamped shut -- wtf) and it still feels as spongy as ever. That's still the main reason I'm looking at the Milestone over the Hero Maxi (i.e. Desire).

Thanks in advance guys,
    DrHogie

Most anything you find on the verizon Droid applies to our milestone. In fact, since downloading bugless, I get verizon update notifications. lol
    There is nothing you have to change to get the roms flashed. Just make sure that you do not flash the verizon radio. I mention that even though any reputable developer puts the radio seperate than the rom. Anything you get from droid forums or rom manager is safe and simply download and flash friendly. Could not be easier.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

PIN/ID
    ask
    If you decide to get one, I would seriously consider getting the one from cyber. Good deal with the extras, plus it will help fellow stacker out. Of course I do not know your contract details.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

PIN/ID
    ask
    Oh yeah, about to upgrade to bugless V0.5. Just havent had the chance yet.
    www.sonicbabble.com

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quite in here hellooo. Anyone want to sell a desire or just donate one :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    Quite in here hellooo. Anyone want to sell a desire or just donate one :-)
    Not a desire but a milestone for sale here

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey everyone, sorry for the absence, was busy yesterday. So i rooted my galaxy, looking for cool roms, desire is rooted, no roms yet..sooooo im just waiting lol. When i was using my milestone, i used simply stunning and it was great, overclock to 1.2, veryyyyy stable and amazingly customizeable...i miss my milestone=(
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone with the milestone found a good app (or a way to turn it on without an app) to make the physical keyboard do dictionary matching?

Not it, what you need it for? anything in particular?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not for me - my pastor got the milestone and he told me that the keyboard doesn't match/spell-check and that was something I'd assumed it did until I read up on it a bit.

By going into the keyboard options it "should" have spell checker...
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH