Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Are you using the Sence or did you turn it off like Marshall metioned? That ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Are you using the Sence or did you turn it off like Marshall metioned? That could possibly be the culprit of your 55% battery usage.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    my battery life after removing sence went up alot. The battery will still show its using the most though. Make sure gps and wifi are OFF. no need for it to be on all day unleass you actually do for some reason.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    Are you using the Sence or did you turn it off like Marshall metioned? That could possibly be the culprit of your 55% battery usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    my battery life after removing sence went up alot. The battery will still show its using the most though. Make sure gps and wifi are OFF. no need for it to be on all day unleass you actually do for some reason.
    I've been trying it with both the Sense UI and without. I'm about to totally abandon Sense, lol. Just network GPS has been on, but I'm about to turn that off as well unless I need it. I synced the battery friday night using Geetarman's steps and got really good battery life Saturday. Wasn't even down halfway at the end of the day after taking a few pictures/videos and trying the GPS on the way back from Gulf Shores. It did sit on standby most of the day however, but Sense was on.

I've just downloaded a couple of apps this morning and it dropped the battery by 25% at least. I've noticed that the market really seems to zap battery.

Anyway, just my observations, and thanks for the tips. I'm done with Sense and auto syncing, lol. The newness has worn off, so I'm sure the battery will settle down now.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    I've been trying it with both the Sense UI and without. I'm about to totally abandon Sense, lol. Just network GPS has been on, but I'm about to turn that off as well unless I need it. I synced the battery friday night using Geetarman's steps and got really good battery life Saturday. Wasn't even down halfway at the end of the day after taking a few pictures/videos and trying the GPS on the way back from Gulf Shores. It did sit on standby most of the day however, but Sense was on.

I've just downloaded a couple of apps this morning and it dropped the battery by 25% at least. I've noticed that the market really seems to zap battery.

Anyway, just my observations, and thanks for the tips. I'm done with Sense and auto syncing, lol. The newness has worn off, so I'm sure the battery will settle down now.
    LaucherPro Plus is a great replacement... if you haven't tried it out, give it a shot.

launcher pro still gulps batt life...best way it to NOT use a task manager or killer of any sort..turn off wifi, gps (location is ok to have on).
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

albrownlee89 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok pmmarshall, my blackberry flip bit the dust, do i still get the trade in credit even if my phone doesnt work??

albrown..yes
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Ok, for all the galaxy waiters in here and for those concerned on why our galaxy has less mem than gsm ones. Here is an explination.
    Look at the picture and it says 512mb flash/384mb RAM. Compare that to explanations of RAM for other phone products. That’s 512mb flash RAM with 128 used by…VIDEO. Every computer without a dedicated video card says the same thing. Go look up video cards with dedicated memory and video cards with shared memory. Obviously Sammy’s video cpu uses 128k or RAM and they bundle that with the actual RAM of 384 to say 512. But all Galaxy S have only 384k of Ram to use. So basically it has the same..gsm versions just add the 2 pieces together and cdma does not.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Marshall, not to confuse everyone its 384MB of RAM not 384k

it is what was on the article...sorry guys...the author had a typo.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    All these non techy ppl that try to explain stuff... :P

Hes actually a programmer haha. But its a good explanation though.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hes actually a programmer haha. But its a good explanation though.
    Yes, very good explanation, thanks!

DarkDreg no está en línea Stack level 1
    All is good thanks to the help from Geeter. There arent any ROMS for our desire yet...everything was great until i got brave and tried to load a ROM haha. It was stuck on boot screen. Root works though and can load Root apps so go for it.
    i did the same thing last night and thought i bricked it. I had to go figure out this adb shell push & flash_image thingy and i finally got it back to booting up.
    I did get root access and s-off though.
    I think ill wait to do anything else as far as roms go.
    The WHOLE reason i want root was I was trying to find a good wireless tether program that actually worked now that i got root. a few i tried just didnt work

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok, for all the galaxy waiters in here and for those concerned on why our galaxy has less mem than gsm ones. Here is an explination.
    Look at the picture and it says 512mb flash/384mb RAM. Compare that to explanations of RAM for other phone products. That’s 512mb flash RAM with 128 used by…VIDEO. Every computer without a dedicated video card says the same thing. Go look up video cards with dedicated memory and video cards with shared memory. Obviously Sammy’s video cpu uses 128k or RAM and they bundle that with the actual RAM of 384 to say 512. But all Galaxy S have only 384k of Ram to use. So basically it has the same..gsm versions just add the 2 pieces together and cdma does not.
    Thank you PM I was one of the many ppl who were wondering that. I was also wanting to know If you figured out as to why the galaxy on verizon is slow compared to others, and do you know if this will be fixed on the CS galaxy. If you are ableto tell us that is.