Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Yep just did... C Spire/Cellular South forum

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Yep just did

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    Otterbox for desire released today
    Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered a defender for the Desire and a commuter case for the Milestone. They're expensive, but I consider it extra insurance.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    Yep just did
    How are you liking it, and are you going to root?
    The chevy lv overclock kernels work great!
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yea planning on rooting very soon. Liking it a lot so far and has better reception than the desire.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    If anyone is planning on buying a Zagg shield for their phone they are now having a contest for an ipad. I signed up and received a 50% off code. just go to their site and click on Ipad giveaway and they email the code.

Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Anyone know what ports are open to the outside world for me to host stuff from my droid? I know what you are thinking. Why in the hell would I want to host services from a phone.
    Well because I can.

So anyone have any insight on what ports could be used?

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Something Interesting in this article...

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...rd-to-put-down

At the end of the article, he talks about Cellular South getting the HTC Wildfire and the LG Axis, as well as the Galaxy S...
    that's the first I've seen mention of those 2 specific phones, but it makes sense because they still show "more Androids" coming, and the Galaxy is the "game changer"

Edit: the LG that he's talking about must be a version of the Ally
    Last edited by jbreakfield; 09-22-2010 at 05:59 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask
    I would imagine when and if the wildfire gets to CS, the Hero will be gone.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I would imagine when and if the wildfire gets to CS, the Hero will be gone.
    I would think so, too. Unless they offer a phone like the Wildfire at a really low price, it wouldn't make sense for someone to get it over the Desire... for that matter, if you consider the cost of ownership (ie the rate plan), I'd always pay a little more for the nicer/better phone.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    I would think so, too. Unless they offer a phone like the Wildfire at a really low price, it wouldn't make sense for someone to get it over the Desire... for that matter, if you consider the cost of ownership (ie the rate plan), I'd always pay a little more for the nicer/better phone.
    I can see having an entry level smartphone device. I just can not see having two of the same OS to compete against each other. That is what the Hero is right now, and a few changes aside, there is not much difference between it and the Wildfire. I just can not see them offering them both at the same time. Makes no sense.
    www.sonicbabble.com

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    If you want go ahead, but it will not toggle s-on to s-off. i'm waiting on the email from the unrevoked team with the software to get the radio info they need and don't know how quick it will be updated. You can uncheck "Disable Security on Phone" from the file menu before you start the unrevoked recovery reflash tool and it will not try to install unrevoked forever which is what toggles the security(s-on to s-off). By default it will try to install the unrevoked forever and you should get the following message I got:

unrEVOked forever S-OFF patch v 1.1
    verifying system type...
    E: unsupported radio version,
    E: update failed, check /sdcard/soff.log,
    E: Error in /data/local/unrevoked-forever.zip (Status 42)
    Installation aborted. /tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log. Please open rom manager to report the issue.

The unrevoked site is pretty explanatory about what to do (installing hboot drivers if using windows, etc.)

Be sure to install the HTC sync software which will also install HTC drivers and then uninstall only the htc sync leaving the drivers installed (i used the htc sync software listed under the US cellular desire on the HTC website b/c nothing was listed for CS yet) I figured out the htc sync the hard way b/c i uninstalled the htc sync and the drivers - spend all night trying to figure out why when i plugged my phone in the reflash tool was not recogning my phone and it was not doing anything. This was b/c i uninstalled the drivers when i should have only uninstalled htc sync.

HAVE FUN!!!!
    I am now rooted with s-off!! I got the unrevoked team the info on our Desire radio firmware. They are going to add it to the unrevoked recovery reflash tool in the next release and the reflash tool will root your phone, flash the custom recovery, and toggle to s-off. In the meantime just use the flash recovery tool to root and flash the custom recovery then use unrevoked forever to toggle to s-off.

Unrevoked forever can be found at the following page:

http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/forever

It now lists our radio version firmware on the page for supported devices too. I have already used it with no problems!!!

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries278 View Post
    Anyone know what ports are open to the outside world for me to host stuff from my droid? I know what you are thinking. Why in the hell would I want to host services from a phone.
    Well because I can.

So anyone have any insight on what ports could be used?
    depends on what ur wanting to host...

ftp: 21
    ssh: 22
    http: 80
    https: 8080
    pop: 110

Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    I am now rooted with s-off!! I got the unrevoked team the info on our Desire radio firmware. They are going to add it to the unrevoked recovery reflash tool in the next release and the reflash tool will root your phone, flash the custom recovery, and toggle to s-off. In the meantime just use the flash recovery tool to root and flash the custom recovery then use unrevoked forever to toggle to s-off.

Unrevoked forever can be found at the following page:

http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/forever

It now lists our radio version firmware on the page for supported devices too. I have already used it with no problems!!!
    Awesome, great job working on that and getting it done! Always good to hear progress in rooting new phones.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    I didnt get to root=(((( i guess ill have to try tonight.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm posting from my Desire. This is the coolest phone I've ever used. Loving it!

No rooting for me, right now anyway. The instructions are a
    little over my head. This is the first time I've used Android, so I'll be busy just learning the basics anyway.