Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by frenchfry Yes, You were told wrong, Pay the $1.50 a month for ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    Yes, You were told wrong, Pay the $1.50 a month for no answer call forward. It has been stated that the *76 then your google voice number works, But when I got my milestone a month ago customer service set it up for me.

I am the one who got Cellular South on the list back when it was Grand Central and have used it all along since then.

When calling Cellular South it is best not to mention Google Voice is your goal. Just keep it simple and say you want "no answer call forward".
    Frenchfry.. You Rock!
    Everything is up and running.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    no sure how i would get the rqdio file..
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    I was working on this around lunch time. I guess I should have worked faster on it. It's my first article for pinstack. Go check it out.

Great article gets...! Nice to have someone from our general region writing front page stories on the stack!

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    no sure how i would get the rqdio file..
    With phone off, you can hold down the power and volume down and it should show the radio version on that screen that comes up. Anyway just got another message from one of the guys on the unrevoked team. He is sending me some software to run on my phone so he can get the radio firmware information they need for our version of the radio. I found out that i am rooted, but don't have s-off (I can grant applications superuser permissions and I verfied by running some commands in a terminal emulator app that my desire is rooted). Once they get the info from me on our radio version, I guess he is going to update the unrevoked forever and/or unrevoked 3 which which will allow us to toggle s-on to s-off. I'll keep everybody posted.

Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    With phone off, you can hold down the power and volume down and it should show the radio version on that screen that comes up. Anyway just got another message from one of the guys on the unrevoked team. He is sending me some software to run on my phone so he can get the radio firmware information they need for our version of the radio. I found out that i am rooted, but don't have s-off (I can grant applications superuser permissions and I verfied by running some commands in a terminal emulator app that my desire is rooted). Once they get the info from me on our radio version, I guess he is going to update the unrevoked forever and/or unrevoked 3 which which will allow us to toggle s-on to s-off. I'll keep everybody posted.
    You're the man...geetarman! Keep us updated.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    That means you should be able to flash a ROM... although I'm not sure what CDMA Desire ROMs exist yet, if any. Having s-off will just allow you to do a lot of other stuff, at least that's how I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    That means you should be able to flash a ROM... although I'm not sure what CDMA Desire ROMs exist yet, if any. Having s-off will just allow you to do a lot of other stuff, at least that's how I understand it.
    That is the way I am understanding it too. There is at least one CDMA rom i know about and its in the early stages.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=777019
    Last edited by geetarman; 09-21-2010 at 06:27 PM.

radio...... -2. 05. 10. 08. 11 Does this help at all?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

HBOOT is -0. 98. 0000
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

HBOOT is -0. 98. 0000
    Your radio and hboot is the same as mine (I was thinking it would be the same but now its verified). So when they update, you will be able to get s-off too.

Great work geeter, keep us informed...shuold i root tonight or wait til the fix? +1 for you...
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Otterbox for desire released today

Great work geeter, keep us informed...shuold i root tonight or wait til the fix? +1 for you...
    If you want go ahead, but it will not toggle s-on to s-off. i'm waiting on the email from the unrevoked team with the software to get the radio info they need and don't know how quick it will be updated. You can uncheck "Disable Security on Phone" from the file menu before you start the unrevoked recovery reflash tool and it will not try to install unrevoked forever which is what toggles the security(s-on to s-off). By default it will try to install the unrevoked forever and you should get the following message I got:

unrEVOked forever S-OFF patch v 1.1
    verifying system type...
    E: unsupported radio version,
    E: update failed, check /sdcard/soff.log,
    E: Error in /data/local/unrevoked-forever.zip (Status 42)
    Installation aborted. /tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log. Please open rom manager to report the issue.

The unrevoked site is pretty explanatory about what to do (installing hboot drivers if using windows, etc.)

Be sure to install the HTC sync software which will also install HTC drivers and then uninstall only the htc sync leaving the drivers installed (i used the htc sync software listed under the US cellular desire on the HTC website b/c nothing was listed for CS yet) I figured out the htc sync the hard way b/c i uninstalled the htc sync and the drivers - spend all night trying to figure out why when i plugged my phone in the reflash tool was not recogning my phone and it was not doing anything. This was b/c i uninstalled the drivers when i should have only uninstalled htc sync.

HAVE FUN!!!!

It sure is dead in here, lol.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    I'm gonna trade my Desire for a Milestone. I like everything about the Desire except the poor reception I get.
    Did you Swap to the Milestone? Hows its reception compared to the Desire?