Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by pmarshall I purchased it....well worth it. I did as well. The added ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    I purchased it....well worth it.
    I did as well. The added features make it well worth it, and the added Roms in the library are a nice bonus.

I would also recommend that you guys get setCPU as well. And a backup program for your data. You can backup current roms and such with ROM manager, and I HIGHLY recommend that you do so BEFORE you flash a custom.

And remember to backup your SD card to your PC often. It is not that uncommon for a SD card to become corrupted, and anything you have stored, ROM backups included, to become lost.

Just a few tips, that while are common sense, are also often overlooked or forgotten in the excitement.

Have fun! And if anyone needs any help, I am sure those of us that have done it will be happy to lend a hand
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Another tip, instead of downloading a file manager to back up your roms, you could use nandroid backup that comes with the recovery, can also restore using it. Its assessable through recovery.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm ordering a desire tonight. Does unrevoked require a pc or is it a straight over-the-air root. I looked at the website and it looks like a one click deal, but I wasn't sure. I'm a mac user so that's why I was asking. Is an extra micro SD card a good idea for backing up roms, etc. The only experience I've had is jailbreaking my ipod touch with a one click method at jailbreakme.com. I backed it up in itunes beforehand.

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I am not familiar with the process you are using, but if it is a root tool, then you are understanding it correctly. To get a custom rom, you will flash that yourself.
    Download ROM manager from the market. I recommend getting the premium version. It will make it pretty painless to do the rest.
    I have done a lot of rom flashing on windows mobile but i have not messed with android yet in this area.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm gonna trade my Desire for a Milestone. I like everything about the Desire except the poor reception I get.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I did as well. The added features make it well worth it, and the added Roms in the library are a nice bonus.

I would also recommend that you guys get setCPU as well. And a backup program for your data. You can backup current roms and such with ROM manager, and I HIGHLY recommend that you do so BEFORE you flash a custom.

And remember to backup your SD card to your PC often. It is not that uncommon for a SD card to become corrupted, and anything you have stored, ROM backups included, to become lost.

Just a few tips, that while are common sense, are also often overlooked or forgotten in the excitement.

Have fun! And if anyone needs any help, I am sure those of us that have done it will be happy to lend a hand
    I like Titanium Backup Pro for doing data and App backups.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    I have done a lot of rom flashing on windows mobile but i have not messed with android yet in this area.
    Never fooled with win mo, but shouldnt be a big shock for you if you have done that.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    I'm ordering a desire tonight. Does unrevoked require a pc or is it a straight over-the-air root. I looked at the website and it looks like a one click deal, but I wasn't sure. I'm a mac user so that's why I was asking. Is an extra micro SD card a good idea for backing up roms, etc. The only experience I've had is jailbreaking my ipod touch with a one click method at jailbreakme.com. I backed it up in itunes beforehand.
    The tool I used on the milestone was a get it to the phone and get after it deal. Should be the same here.
    www.sonicbabble.com

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    I like Titanium Backup Pro for doing data and App backups.
    I have used that as well. Works well.
    www.sonicbabble.com

Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    I'm gonna trade my Desire for a Milestone. I like everything about the Desire except the poor reception I get.
    Don't tell me that, lol. I just ordered a Desire, lol. Is it the area you're in, or just the phone's reception? I'm pretty much around H'burg/Laurel most of the time, so I hope the reception's good in this area. Will they trade it out for free within a certain amount of time, incase I decide to do a trade?

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you're in a good area its fine but when I go too far from a highway I get nothing compared to what my blackberry tour did. As far as trade ins it has to be within a certain time and the amount of minutes and data used has to be below a certain number. That's my only complaint with this device, every thing and I Do mean every thing else is great. You will not regret ordering it

My desire is rooted now. Let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**Well i thought so. I have the custom recovery and the superuser folder but i still have s-on. Too late to continue, so i guess I will have to pick back up tommorrow where i left off.
    Last edited by geetarman; 09-21-2010 at 01:05 AM.

PM: Did you try the unrevoked root yet? If so what was the verdict?

Anyone have any case recommendations for Desire and Milestone besides otterboxes? There's not an otterbox for the desire yet.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    PM: Did you try the unrevoked root yet? If so what was the verdict?
    I had every intention on doing it last night but the saints game and....other activities the wife had planned stopped me from rooting. Did you have any issues with the root process? Are you able to load roms?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH