Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Aries278 Ok I just got off the phone with CS. I was ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Aries278 View Post
    Ok I just got off the phone with CS. I was told that Google Voice is not yet supported?!?!? So the Google voice website shows it available for CS. CS has their network setup for the configuration to take place via *76. However CS is not supporting this? Can I get confirmation please? I'm hoping someone just dropped the ball when trying to help me with my problem.
    Yes, You were told wrong, Pay the $1.50 a month for no answer call forward. It has been stated that the *76 then your google voice number works, But when I got my milestone a month ago customer service set it up for me.

I am the one who got Cellular South on the list back when it was Grand Central and have used it all along since then.

When calling Cellular South it is best not to mention Google Voice is your goal. Just keep it simple and say you want "no answer call forward".

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    [QUOTE=pmarshall;1274064]
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    I am currently using swype. Just curious, try the one I just emailed to you and let us know if it works.

Geet, where did you get that one? I tried every single version i could find plus try taking the apk directly from my file exploror. That works!
    did some googling and came across the apk at http://forum.mobilism.org/

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    weird, i tried over 20 diff files lol, anyway, glad you found it! i plus 1 for you too..enjoy it.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    weird, i tried over 20 diff files lol, anyway, glad you found it! i plus 1 for you too..enjoy it.
    It's amazing how much faster you can type with swype.

So, unrevoked just released cdma desire root, i have the files but cant do it til i get home..anyone here want to try it.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

So, unrevoked just released cdma desire root, i have the files but cant do it til i get home..anyone here want to try it.
    I am trying it tonight. To my understanding this just roots and changes the recovery image. It does not flash a new rom. I will still have my "stock" rom with sense but with a new recovery image and full root.

PM: Is that the way you are understanding it or am I completly wrong?
    Last edited by geetarman; 09-20-2010 at 05:25 PM.

To me as i read it changes recover and ROM manager will allow us to change ROMS, its cdma version of one click universal root. I read a lil more about it and people are flashing roms.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    does the buy one get one work with upgrades or new activations

To me as i read it changes recover and ROM manager will allow us to change ROMS, its cdma version of one click universal root. I read a lil more about it and people are flashing roms.
    Forgot about the rom manager part, but are you understanding that your current rom will still be that after using the unrevoked method of rooting.

atrihx no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    does the buy one get one work with upgrades or new activations
    I actually tried to ask this same question and was told that it only worked with new activations, but if you look at the fine print it states " In order to qualify for the Buy One Get One offer, one phone must be on a new activation or on an existing line that has entirely fulfilled any promotional offer contract." Technically, my line has completed a promotional contract from the phone I have now. So wouldn't that qualify?

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by atrihx View Post
    I actually tried to ask this same question and was told that it only worked with new activations, but if you look at the fine print it states " In order to qualify for the Buy One Get One offer, one phone must be on a new activation or on an existing line that has entirely fulfilled any promotional offer contract." Technically, my line has completed a promotional contract from the phone I have now. So wouldn't that qualify?
    i would think so

Yes, until you flash a new rom.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Yes, until you flash a new rom.

K thanks!!!

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    I am trying it tonight. To my understanding this just roots and changes the recovery image. It does not flash a new rom. I will still have my "stock" rom with sense but with a new recovery image and full root.

PM: Is that the way you are understanding it or am I completly wrong?
    I am not familiar with the process you are using, but if it is a root tool, then you are understanding it correctly. To get a custom rom, you will flash that yourself.
    Download ROM manager from the market. I recommend getting the premium version. It will make it pretty painless to do the rest.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

I purchased it....well worth it.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH