Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 1051

Originally Posted by Aries278 Ok I just got off the phone with CS. I was ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #451
    frenchfry's Avatar
    frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    97

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by Aries278 View Post
    Ok I just got off the phone with CS. I was told that Google Voice is not yet supported?!?!? So the Google voice website shows it available for CS. CS has their network setup for the configuration to take place via *76. However CS is not supporting this? Can I get confirmation please? I'm hoping someone just dropped the ball when trying to help me with my problem.
    Yes, You were told wrong, Pay the $1.50 a month for no answer call forward. It has been stated that the *76 then your google voice number works, But when I got my milestone a month ago customer service set it up for me.

    I am the one who got Cellular South on the list back when it was Grand Central and have used it all along since then.

    When calling Cellular South it is best not to mention Google Voice is your goal. Just keep it simple and say you want "no answer call forward".

  2. #452
    geetarman's Avatar
    geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    191
    [QUOTE=pmarshall;1274064]
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    I am currently using swype. Just curious, try the one I just emailed to you and let us know if it works.

    Geet, where did you get that one? I tried every single version i could find plus try taking the apk directly from my file exploror. That works!
    did some googling and came across the apk at http://forum.mobilism.org/

  3. #453
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    weird, i tried over 20 diff files lol, anyway, glad you found it! i plus 1 for you too..enjoy it.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

  4. #454
    geetarman's Avatar
    geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    weird, i tried over 20 diff files lol, anyway, glad you found it! i plus 1 for you too..enjoy it.
    It's amazing how much faster you can type with swype.

  5. #455
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    So, unrevoked just released cdma desire root, i have the files but cant do it til i get home..anyone here want to try it.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

  6. #456
    geetarman's Avatar
    geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    So, unrevoked just released cdma desire root, i have the files but cant do it til i get home..anyone here want to try it.
    I am trying it tonight. To my understanding this just roots and changes the recovery image. It does not flash a new rom. I will still have my "stock" rom with sense but with a new recovery image and full root.

    PM: Is that the way you are understanding it or am I completly wrong?
    Last edited by geetarman; 09-20-2010 at 05:25 PM.

  7. #457
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    To me as i read it changes recover and ROM manager will allow us to change ROMS, its cdma version of one click universal root. I read a lil more about it and people are flashing roms.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

  8. #458
    pound24's Avatar
    pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    197
    does the buy one get one work with upgrades or new activations

  9. #459
    geetarman's Avatar
    geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    To me as i read it changes recover and ROM manager will allow us to change ROMS, its cdma version of one click universal root. I read a lil more about it and people are flashing roms.
    Forgot about the rom manager part, but are you understanding that your current rom will still be that after using the unrevoked method of rooting.

  10. #460
    atrihx's Avatar
    atrihx no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    does the buy one get one work with upgrades or new activations
    I actually tried to ask this same question and was told that it only worked with new activations, but if you look at the fine print it states " In order to qualify for the Buy One Get One offer, one phone must be on a new activation or on an existing line that has entirely fulfilled any promotional offer contract." Technically, my line has completed a promotional contract from the phone I have now. So wouldn't that qualify?

  11. #461
    pound24's Avatar
    pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by atrihx View Post
    I actually tried to ask this same question and was told that it only worked with new activations, but if you look at the fine print it states " In order to qualify for the Buy One Get One offer, one phone must be on a new activation or on an existing line that has entirely fulfilled any promotional offer contract." Technically, my line has completed a promotional contract from the phone I have now. So wouldn't that qualify?
    i would think so

  12. #462
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    Yes, until you flash a new rom.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

  13. #463
    geetarman's Avatar
    geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Yes, until you flash a new rom.

    K thanks!!!

  14. #464
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    I am trying it tonight. To my understanding this just roots and changes the recovery image. It does not flash a new rom. I will still have my "stock" rom with sense but with a new recovery image and full root.

    PM: Is that the way you are understanding it or am I completly wrong?
    I am not familiar with the process you are using, but if it is a root tool, then you are understanding it correctly. To get a custom rom, you will flash that yourself.
    Download ROM manager from the market. I recommend getting the premium version. It will make it pretty painless to do the rest.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  15. #465
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    I purchased it....well worth it.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •