Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by 0thundr0 First let me say I know nothing about Slingbox. Is your ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    First let me say I know nothing about Slingbox. Is your Slingbox in-line between your DirecTV and your TV? If so, how do you change channels on the DTV?
    Yes it is. There is an infrared adapter that you hook from the slingbox to the IR sensor on the Directv box.

You can also feed the tv and the slingbox separately since all outputs on the Directv box are active at the same time. This is what I do since I have a 1080p set and you cant send 1080p over component with Directv. I have HDMI going direct to my tv, and use components to feed the signal to the sling.

After you get the directv box hooked to the sling, just connect your sling to your network with ethernet (or some have wireless).

Log in on the device you want to view on. It can be a pc, ipod touch, iphone, android, some win mob and blackberries, and you can control that set top box from anywhere you have internet access. It works well over 3g or wifi from my Milestone. It will give you a mini remote on your screen in several different configurations to navigate your way around. When you change the channel on your slingplayer on your phone, it changes it on whatever box you have the sling hooked to.

The main limitation some may run into is the upload speed of the home internet connection. However most average DSL speeds will work. The faster your connection is, the more bandwidth you can put into it, and get a better picture.

Edit: this will work with Directv, Dish, Cable, ect.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    The main limitation some may run into is the upload speed of the home internet connection. However most average DSL speeds will work. The faster your connection is, the more bandwidth you can put into it, and get a better picture.
    That would be my only drawback. I'm on cable. 5Mb D/L, and 500Kbps U/L. U/L may be a bit slow for Slingbox streaming.

PIN/ID
    ask
    That would be my only drawback. I'm on cable. 5Mb D/L, and 500Kbps U/L. U/L may be a bit slow for Slingbox streaming.
    nah, mine is 6 down, and about that up, it will work. You would be limited to SD, but on a smaller screen, it wont make much difference.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

PIN/ID
    ask
    http://www.slingbox.com/go/home

Here is some info.

It says all you have to have for download speed is 600kps. Or 150 kps on a mobile device.

Not sure what the upload speed would have to be, but seeing as mine is rated at 512 kps, yours should be sufficient.

Edit: the minimum upload speed would have to be 256k. Obviously higher is better.
    www.sonicbabble.com

PIN/ID
    ask
    what would you want to be using it for? Phone viewing? Pc viewing?
    www.sonicbabble.com

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    what would you want to be using it for? Phone viewing? Pc viewing?
    Definitely phone viewing. My little boy will be 4 in October, and his Leapster only holds his attention for so long sometimes.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Definitely phone viewing. My little boy will be 4 in October, and his Leapster only holds his attention for so long sometimes.
    haha, I hear ya.
    The app for android is not cheap, $30, but IMO it is worth it. And that is a one time fee. No monthly fee associated with this besides your internet bill.
    Best to check and make sure your phone will work with it before you buy. I think ALL androids and the Iphone will. Only some blackberries will.
    www.sonicbabble.com

silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    Geetar is probably at home whining because he didn't get the desire before the weekend. lol

TheScantronman no está en línea Stack level 2
    This is to pmarshall whenever he pops back in:

I noticed in the other thread you said something about USM's QB being new. That's Austin Davis, who has been the starter since at least 2008. He got injured in like the 3rd or 4th game last year and Martavius took over. They should have brought him in more last night. He an DeAndre seemed to gel better at the end.

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhorn View Post
    Geetar is probably at home whining because he didn't get the desire before the weekend. lol
    Nope not whining but I am at home and boy is nice to be relaxing. What time you get off? I have been home since 3:00pm. LOL!!

teoff no está en línea Stack level 1
    Been reading you guys for a while, finally decided to register after getting my Milestone.

I've never rooted on flashed a phone ever before, and have no idea how to do it, but I think Ultimate Droid is beautiful and would love it for my phone. Just not sure where to begin and could use some points in the right direction, and pointers. Right now my phone has the stock Android 2.1 it shipped with, but I'd appreciate any help. You guys seem to be the masters when it comes to Cell. South discussion.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScantronman View Post
    This is to pmarshall whenever he pops back in:

I noticed in the other thread you said something about USM's QB being new. That's Austin Davis, who has been the starter since at least 2008. He got injured in like the 3rd or 4th game last year and Martavius took over. They should have brought him in more last night. He an DeAndre seemed to gel better at the end.
    I did not know that thanks, the announcers were making it seem like he was new. Thank for clearing it up!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    teoff welcome, if you go back to csouth6, there are some VERY useful posts there.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well, my slingbox and the sling player app for android came in SUPER handy this morning. Had to take my almost 3 year old daughter to the doctor this morning. It was a long wait and there was another kid about her age in there.

I cranked up the phone, logged into sling and my directv account, and pulled up Ni Hao Kai-Lan (a show like dora the explorer).
    The kids gathered around and watched, and the waiting room was very appreciative. lol

It's bad that I know what Ni Hao Kai Lan is, but it would be awesome if I could do that for my daughter. Mines gonna be 3 in Nov.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    It's bad that I know what Ni Hao Kai Lan is, but it would be awesome if I could do that for my daughter. Mines gonna be 3 in Nov.
    Ours will be in december. So you have the attitude going on right now as well lol
    www.sonicbabble.com

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast