Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 59606162636465666768 ... LastLast

The desire body is awesome to know. The slick feel is to slippery for me. ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

garfield1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

The desire body is awesome to know. The slick feel is to slippery for me.

Awesome pm. Thank you for letting us in on how to keep our google voice all the time.

I'm with jbreakfield, its going to be great to get a galaxy.

The desire body is awesome to know. The slick feel is to slippery for me.

Awesome pm. Thank you for letting us in on how to keep our google voice all the time.

I'm with jbreakfield, its going to be great to get a galaxy.

Sorry about the dual post. Browser error so I didn't know it posted at first

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    ... but my Hero benchmarked 380 on Cyanogen Froyo, no overclock or anything. If I remember right, that's a good bit higher than you had with 2.1.
    Yup. That ate my 195 for lunch. It looked to me that there isn't a stable build of Cyanogen for the Hero. Looked like nightly builds. What build are you using? I'll try anything once.

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Ill do some research and what I find about google voice y'all know
    That would be great. I had the no answer transfer on mine and my wife's phone. Just didn't like paying the extra money, plus taxes and such. Call me a cheapo, but I don't get enough voicemails to warrant paying extra. But free...now that's more like it!

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    Yup. That ate my 195 for lunch. It looked to me that there isn't a stable build of Cyanogen for the Hero. Looked like nightly builds. What build are you using? I'll try anything once.
    I'm actually using the August 22nd Vanilla build of this version:
    Froyo 2.2 - CM6 Extremely Blue and Vanilla (unthemed) Versions

I haven't bothered to update to a later build, because this one has been working great for me. I don't currently have MMS, so if you're using that you may want to try a later build. I think MMS works with Handcent in this build, though.
    As it says in the thread, if you want Google Apps, you have to flash the zip for them after you flash the ROM. I did the full google package, because I use most of them.

Also, if you're going to try it out, take a look at this, and incorporate it after you flash the ROM:
    [How-To]CyanogenMod 6 - Get Downloads tab back in the Market for Non-Sprint Hero Users
    this also shows you how to change what shows on the lockscreen (the basic ROM says "Sprint"... I changed mine to Cellular South, but you can put whatever text in there you want)

A couple of tips, install widgets and anything that needs fast system access to internal memory (I installed my LauncherPro Plus to internal, also).

Oh, I also did Collin's Battery Tweak, which seems to do a good job.

That should get you going with CM6... if you try it, let me know what you think. So far, combined with LauncherPro Plus, I like it better than SenseUI, or any other ROM I've tried. Haven't had too many problems, either.

has anyone tryed baking roms? how hard is it and does it take any knowledge of programming?

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    I'm actually using the August 22nd Vanilla build of this version...
    Cool. Thanks. Don't use MMS. I'll give it a try after work (or during if it stays slow).

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield1 View Post
    has anyone tryed baking roms? how hard is it and does it take any knowledge of programming?
    I have not tried it, but I would imagine you would need some programming know how.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

i would think so also but im not sure. was thinking i read somthing about just needing a program for baking them. im going to have to read up. lol. i love making things to full suit me. lol

I'm getting tired of seeing Quake on Android phones to show their mad gaming skills. I miss the games from my iphone like Madden Football, Tiger Woods Golf, Need for Speed, Modern Combat: Sandstorm. I'm ready for Android and the hardware to catch up.

ok. i just read up on rom cooking and it looks like one needs a basic understanding of linex to create custom roms. oh well i guess i wont be cooking. lol

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    I'm getting tired of seeing Quake on Android phones to show their mad gaming skills. I miss the games from my iphone like Madden Football, Tiger Woods Golf, Need for Speed, Modern Combat: Sandstorm. I'm ready for Android and the hardware to catch up.
    Yes, we are lacking on good games for sure.
    Even blackberry has tiger woods golf!!!!!!!!!!
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    We are lacking on phones still too.

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhorn View Post
    We are lacking on phones still too.
    LOL! I knew that was coming. I was thinking along the same lines.