Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by pmarshall So you too now have the Galaxy bug haha Its an ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    So you too now have the Galaxy bug haha Its an amazing phone for sure.
    I was REAL close to jumping to ATT and paying more to get it but I'm gonna try to hold out for a little while longer

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yeh dont make that mistake...att is rediculous about plan pricing.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Oh yea and they even told me, "if you're looking to save money we're not the people to have service with" lol, at least he was honest. I may be relocating in a few months and I hope we're still somewhere in the CS footprint

HAHAHAHA yeh gotta give them that haha. Dont know where you might be going?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Not yet, the wife is with the Armed Forces and is going active so there's no telling where we will end up lol, Hawaii or Pensacola would be great

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Anyone interested in getting a Galaxy tablet?
    Hey PM, glad to see you're staying around in some capacity!

Yes, I posted a few days ago that I was going to look at the Galaxy tablet as a replacement for my netbook that was stolen last month... the Toshiba one also looks promising!

Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    OC'd, I couldn't make it out benchmark my Stock CS2.1 with SU flashed. As for the look and feel, they were about the same. How is the Cyanogenmod Froyo build for CSouth Roaming? Also, are you running your apps from internal or SD?
    I spent this past weekend in New Orleans, and I had perfect 3G data the entire time. That's as far as I've gone with this ROM, and I'm not sure where the "home" boundaries are.
    I'm running most of my apps from the SD... the launcher and any widgets seem like they need to be run from internal, so that's how I have it set up. Runs nice and smooth most of the time, with a little lag now and then. I've never seen the Hero NOT lag sometimes, though, and this is the fastest I think mine's ever been.

Got a benchmark of 380 a little while ago with Quadrant... that's a testament to how much faster Froyo is I guess. I'm not overclocked.

380? =(
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

HAHA i overclocked to 1.3 and just got a 1598 then i underclocked to 300 and still got 898..heros just cant cut it i guess...hey hero users, try turning off sence adn see if it helps.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

380? =(
    Hey PM,
    I agree... :-(

btw, that benchmark is running VANILLA Froyo, no Sense UI installed at all!!!

HAHA i overclocked to 1.3 and just got a 1598 then i underclocked to 300 and still got 898..heros just cant cut it i guess...hey hero users, try turning off sence adn see if it helps.
    I'm not totally up on the overclocking thing with the Hero, but I don't think it's as easy to do as it is with the Milestone... I think I have to flash an overclocked kernel, which may or may not work with different ROMs... Some of the Sense-based 2.1 ROMs are overclocked, but don't perform a lot better. I'm going to look into what it takes to overclock with Cyanogenmod.

What I REALLY want is to throw this Hero away, and get a Galaxy S!!!! (I wouldn't actually throw it away, because it will make a nice media player for my kids to use on car rides...)

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    You shutting down apps when you test? Or getting a real world number?
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

PIN/ID
    ask
    just hit 1545 running at 1ghz. Im pleased
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Wow, those Milestones must REALLY outperform the Hero...

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Wow, those Milestones must REALLY outperform the Hero...
    Granted this is overclocked (although the processor is easily capable of this, not sure why it was underclocked so much), but even stock, there is a considerable difference in performance going from my short time with the Hero I had (and the one my wife still has).

For instance, I have noticed no lag at all. The streaming of video is much crisper. Web pages render faster, ect.
    www.sonicbabble.com