Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 1022

My MSI Wind Netbook was stolen a few weeks ago... I'm thinking this Samsung Galaxy ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #736
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536

    Advertisement



    My MSI Wind Netbook was stolen a few weeks ago... I'm thinking this Samsung Galaxy Tab will be a nice replacement...

  2. #737
    garfield1's Avatar
    garfield1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29
    Hi guys. im just getting on the thread to learn about the cell south smartphones. i have a hero but im still learning. kinda thiking about that samsung galxey and the htc disire, and the motorola milestone, what do you guys think? whcih would be the best to go with next?

  3. #738
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield1 View Post
    Hi guys. im just getting on the thread to learn about the cell south smartphones. i have a hero but im still learning. kinda thiking about that samsung galxey and the htc disire, and the motorola milestone, what do you guys think? whcih would be the best to go with next?
    Depends on what exactly you want.

    The milestone has a physical slide out keyboard and the Vanilla Android OS. It is an older phone than the other two, but still very capable, and the easiest to root at this point. This is what I have, and am running a custom overclocked rom. Very pleased with it.

    The Desire is like a Hero on steroids. The snapdragon processor, bigger better screen, and more memory than the Hero. Still has the Sense UI, and if you like the Hero, you will probably love this phone. This is also one of the top rated smartphones by many publications.

    The Galaxy has an even bigger screen. It also sports the new Hummingbird processor (one of the best available right now), and samsungs Touch Wiz UI. It will from a technical standpoint, be the flagship of the line.

    All three are excellent phones.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  4. #739
    pound24's Avatar
    pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    197
    Desire but I'm just a big fan of htc since I got this hero

  5. #740
    garfield1's Avatar
    garfield1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29
    i was really leaning to the galxey for the hummingbird, heard the graphics are awesome with a 1ghz and that graphics card runing on its own prossessor. also heard the humming bird scales power up and down with out any kinda overclock program. kinda nice to have a prossessor that will save battery and kick in horse power when needed. lol

    the disire is nice because of the sence ui but you are right about it just being another hero

    the milestone is a great place to start "stock" to make the phone what you want but it only has a 600mhz proccessor so how much farther can that really go with ghz proccessors coming out?

  6. #741
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield1 View Post
    i was really leaning to the galxey for the hummingbird, heard the graphics are awesome with a 1ghz and that graphics card runing on its own prossessor. also heard the humming bird scales power up and down with out any kinda overclock program. kinda nice to have a prossessor that will save battery and kick in horse power when needed. lol

    the disire is nice because of the sence ui but you are right about it just being another hero

    the milestone is a great place to start "stock" to make the phone what you want but it only has a 600mhz proccessor so how much farther can that really go with ghz proccessors coming out?
    The Desire is far from being "just another Hero"...

  7. #742
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield1 View Post
    i was really leaning to the galxey for the hummingbird, heard the graphics are awesome with a 1ghz and that graphics card runing on its own prossessor. also heard the humming bird scales power up and down with out any kinda overclock program. kinda nice to have a prossessor that will save battery and kick in horse power when needed. lol

    the disire is nice because of the sence ui but you are right about it just being another hero

    the milestone is a great place to start "stock" to make the phone what you want but it only has a 600mhz proccessor so how much farther can that really go with ghz proccessors coming out?
    I did not mean to imply that it was just another Hero, I simply meant they are similar. The Desire is a far more powerful phone, with a much better screen. Form factor is similar, and sense UI as well. However the Hero is peaked at 2.1 from what I hear. The Desire should be capable of much more.

    You can easily go to 1.3 ghz with the milestone processor. I am running mine right now at 800 mhz, set on demand with SetCPU , but have personally gone to 1 ghz and had no problems.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  8. #743
    garfield1's Avatar
    garfield1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29
    i see. so the disire is going to be much more powerful and i did hear something about androids with a ghz or higher woul be tha only ones to get 3.0 or on.

    milestone is still kinda in the back ground for me because im not a fan of the way the keyboard is laid out.

    set cpu did not work well for me. it would never let me past 528 mhz on custom hero rom but overclock widget did let me push the custom roms to 710 mhz but stock still stopped at 528mhz.

  9. #744
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield1 View Post
    i see. so the disire is going to be much more powerful and i did hear something about androids with a ghz or higher woul be tha only ones to get 3.0 or on.

    milestone is still kinda in the back ground for me because im not a fan of the way the keyboard is laid out.

    set cpu did not work well for me. it would never let me past 528 mhz on custom hero rom but overclock widget did let me push the custom roms to 710 mhz but stock still stopped at 528mhz.
    There was/is a rumor that 3.0 will only be available on ghz or higher phones, but it has not in any way been confirmed (that I know of), and I would doubt that the Droid would be left out, although past that I would not bet on more updates for it.

    I can agree, the Milestone does not have the best keyboard.

    SetCPU will only overclock if the kernel in the custom rom allows it. Not all custom roms do. This is probably why you could not overclock with that particular Rom. There are ways around it, such as the method you used.
    I prefer to use an overclocked Kernel and SetCPU. Seems easiest and safer to me.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  10. #745
    garfield1's Avatar
    garfield1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29
    but what i found weird is that on the same rom setcpu only went to 528 and overclock went to 710, is there something particular to the kernel i have to load to push the rom farther than what the cheif make it to push to?

  11. #746
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield1 View Post
    but what i found weird is that on the same rom setcpu only went to 528 and overclock went to 710, is there something particular to the kernel i have to load to push the rom farther than what the cheif make it to push to?
    What rom were you using?
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  12. #747
    garfield1's Avatar
    garfield1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29
    danger rom

  13. #748
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    I think I remember reading somewhere that SetCPU doesn't play well with some of the overclocked kernals

  14. #749
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Just flashed CyanogenMod 6 Vanilla ROM on my Hero... I'll report back with results, so far looks pretty sweet

  15. #750
    garfield1's Avatar
    garfield1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29
    heard good things about south paw also. any one have any issues with south paw rom?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •