Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

The 26th would be 2 weeks after the Milestone launch and one day before the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

The 26th would be 2 weeks after the Milestone launch and one day before the US Cellular release.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    now all we need is a release date on the galaxy

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm a Mac user. What kind of computer/software or operating system is needed to do what you guys are doing with the rooting/flashing, etc.? What are the benefits of rooting and can the Milestone be unrooted if a n00b like me screwed it up? Just wondering. Thanks.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    I'm a Mac user. What kind of computer/software or operating system is needed to do what you guys are doing with the rooting/flashing, etc.? What are the benefits of rooting and can the Milestone be unrooted if a n00b like me screwed it up? Just wondering. Thanks.
    I do not think you will have any problems with a mac. I am running windows 7, but the only thing I really used my PC for was research before hand, and then to back up my SD card backups (rom, settings, ect). All of the rooting and flashing that I talked about in previous posts was done on the phone itself, no pc needed once you click the universal androot link in this thread.

It seems to be pretty easy to undo, although I have not tried it yet. I did the root, back to unroot, but have not reflashed the stock rom. I can not imagine it would be any harder than flashing the custom.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I do not think you will have any problems with a mac. I am running windows 7, but the only thing I really used my PC for was research before hand, and then to back up my SD card backups (rom, settings, ect). All of the rooting and flashing that I talked about in previous posts was done on the phone itself, no pc needed once you click the universal androot link in this thread.

It seems to be pretty easy to undo, although I have not tried it yet. I did the root, back to unroot, but have not reflashed the stock rom. I can not imagine it would be any harder than flashing the custom.
    Ok, thanks. I'll look back in the thread. Good to know that it can be done directly on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    They can't even release a picture on the website.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhorn View Post
    They can't even release a picture on the website.
    eh it cant look much different than the att or tmo one...

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I AGREE

eh it cant look much different than the att or tmo one...
    But they have released the phone on their networks

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Im pretty sure we will probably get the stock version of the galaxy s which to me is fine.

Phyl1225 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I really hate to ask such a boring question, buuuuut, does anyone have an idea how the phone reception is on the Galaxy vs the Desire? Got a 35 mile (1 way) commute, and I'm more worried about flat tires, etc. I have service on the BB all but about 5 miles of that, and yeah, I'm in the country! I'm not sure Koscuisko has a fixed tower there. They pulled in a temporary because of a contract with the school (I think). Until then, I didn't have much internet service in town. Thanks

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl1225 View Post
    I really hate to ask such a boring question, buuuuut, does anyone have an idea how the phone reception is on the Galaxy vs the Desire? Got a 35 mile (1 way) commute, and I'm more worried about flat tires, etc. I have service on the BB all but about 5 miles of that, and yeah, I'm in the country! I'm not sure Koscuisko has a fixed tower there. They pulled in a temporary because of a contract with the school (I think). Until then, I didn't have much internet service in town. Thanks
    From my experence samsung and htc have Ok reception can get bad in really rural areas. Nothing beats RIM (BB) and Motorola for reception.

Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2
    MilestoneOverclock Works for stock rom.

http://code.google.com/p/milestone-o...s/detail?id=38
    Check the file at the bottom of the list.
    MilestoneOverclock32_a854.apk

I got it up to 1.2 without issue however I'm really liking Bugless Beast so I might have to find a way to get it up to 1.2.
    Its Fast. Very very Fast.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries278 View Post
    MilestoneOverclock Works for stock rom.

http://code.google.com/p/milestone-o...s/detail?id=38
    Check the file at the bottom of the list.
    MilestoneOverclock32_a854.apk

I got it up to 1.2 without issue however I'm really liking Bugless Beast so I might have to find a way to get it up to 1.2.
    Its Fast. Very very Fast.
    I was about to post the same thing. lol That guy really went out of his way to work on this.

Did you unroot and reflash the stock rom to try it I assume.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I was about to post the same thing. lol That guy really went out of his way to work on this.

Did you unroot and reflash the stock rom to try it I assume.
    Flashed back to stock but had to be rooted for the milestoneoverclock to work.