Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 1022

The 26th would be 2 weeks after the Milestone launch and one day before the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #481
    silverhorn's Avatar
    silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    229

    Advertisement



    The 26th would be 2 weeks after the Milestone launch and one day before the US Cellular release.

  2. #482
    kylemcdonald87's Avatar
    kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    376
    now all we need is a release date on the galaxy

  3. #483
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433
    I'm a Mac user. What kind of computer/software or operating system is needed to do what you guys are doing with the rooting/flashing, etc.? What are the benefits of rooting and can the Milestone be unrooted if a n00b like me screwed it up? Just wondering. Thanks.

  4. #484
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    I'm a Mac user. What kind of computer/software or operating system is needed to do what you guys are doing with the rooting/flashing, etc.? What are the benefits of rooting and can the Milestone be unrooted if a n00b like me screwed it up? Just wondering. Thanks.
    I do not think you will have any problems with a mac. I am running windows 7, but the only thing I really used my PC for was research before hand, and then to back up my SD card backups (rom, settings, ect). All of the rooting and flashing that I talked about in previous posts was done on the phone itself, no pc needed once you click the universal androot link in this thread.

    It seems to be pretty easy to undo, although I have not tried it yet. I did the root, back to unroot, but have not reflashed the stock rom. I can not imagine it would be any harder than flashing the custom.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  5. #485
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I do not think you will have any problems with a mac. I am running windows 7, but the only thing I really used my PC for was research before hand, and then to back up my SD card backups (rom, settings, ect). All of the rooting and flashing that I talked about in previous posts was done on the phone itself, no pc needed once you click the universal androot link in this thread.

    It seems to be pretty easy to undo, although I have not tried it yet. I did the root, back to unroot, but have not reflashed the stock rom. I can not imagine it would be any harder than flashing the custom.
    Ok, thanks. I'll look back in the thread. Good to know that it can be done directly on the phone.

  6. #486
    silverhorn's Avatar
    silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    now all we need is a release date on the galaxy
    They can't even release a picture on the website.

  7. #487
    kylemcdonald87's Avatar
    kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhorn View Post
    They can't even release a picture on the website.
    eh it cant look much different than the att or tmo one...

  8. #488
    walkintall67's Avatar
    walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    now all we need is a release date on the galaxy
    I AGREE

  9. #489
    silverhorn's Avatar
    silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    eh it cant look much different than the att or tmo one...
    But they have released the phone on their networks

  10. #490
    mclovin07's Avatar
    mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    146
    Im pretty sure we will probably get the stock version of the galaxy s which to me is fine.

  11. #491
    Phyl1225's Avatar
    Phyl1225 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    71
    I really hate to ask such a boring question, buuuuut, does anyone have an idea how the phone reception is on the Galaxy vs the Desire? Got a 35 mile (1 way) commute, and I'm more worried about flat tires, etc. I have service on the BB all but about 5 miles of that, and yeah, I'm in the country! I'm not sure Koscuisko has a fixed tower there. They pulled in a temporary because of a contract with the school (I think). Until then, I didn't have much internet service in town. Thanks

  12. #492
    cyberwaste's Avatar
    cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl1225 View Post
    I really hate to ask such a boring question, buuuuut, does anyone have an idea how the phone reception is on the Galaxy vs the Desire? Got a 35 mile (1 way) commute, and I'm more worried about flat tires, etc. I have service on the BB all but about 5 miles of that, and yeah, I'm in the country! I'm not sure Koscuisko has a fixed tower there. They pulled in a temporary because of a contract with the school (I think). Until then, I didn't have much internet service in town. Thanks
    From my experence samsung and htc have Ok reception can get bad in really rural areas. Nothing beats RIM (BB) and Motorola for reception.

  13. #493
    Aries278's Avatar
    Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    69
    MilestoneOverclock Works for stock rom.

    http://code.google.com/p/milestone-o...s/detail?id=38
    Check the file at the bottom of the list.
    MilestoneOverclock32_a854.apk

    I got it up to 1.2 without issue however I'm really liking Bugless Beast so I might have to find a way to get it up to 1.2.
    Its Fast. Very very Fast.

  14. #494
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries278 View Post
    MilestoneOverclock Works for stock rom.

    http://code.google.com/p/milestone-o...s/detail?id=38
    Check the file at the bottom of the list.
    MilestoneOverclock32_a854.apk

    I got it up to 1.2 without issue however I'm really liking Bugless Beast so I might have to find a way to get it up to 1.2.
    Its Fast. Very very Fast.
    I was about to post the same thing. lol That guy really went out of his way to work on this.

    Did you unroot and reflash the stock rom to try it I assume.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  15. #495
    Aries278's Avatar
    Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I was about to post the same thing. lol That guy really went out of his way to work on this.

    Did you unroot and reflash the stock rom to try it I assume.
    Flashed back to stock but had to be rooted for the milestoneoverclock to work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •