Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 1022

Originally Posted by msmith198025 yes, it can be done that way. Alot faster to do ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #466
    Aries278's Avatar
    Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    69

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    yes, it can be done that way. Alot faster to do it with premium, but either way works. Enjoy!

    Download setcpu and overclock to 800 mhz. Other roms allow more if I am not mistaken, but I am pleased with this. Snappy, and doesnt seem to overdo the processor.
    That was fast!!
    Faster than I imagined. took about 5 min.

    looks good.

  2. #467
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Yep. Nothing to it.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  3. #468
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    I posted this at droid forums. These are the basic steps to flash the new rom and be rooted.

    basically use this to root

    [APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.1) - xda-developers

    Download Rom Manager from the market after you root (premium is the easiest way).

    Backup your rom, and backup the sd card to your computer. (this is just smart, and easily done using rom manager)

    open rom manager and download the custom rom and it will more or less do the rest (with premium).

    If you get the basic rom manager, you need to manually wipe the cache, and backup and flash.
    If I remember anything I left out, I will edit.

    I did also get a backup program from the market. backup pro I believe, to backup my contacts and such.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  4. #469
    Aries278's Avatar
    Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I posted this at droid forums. These are the basic steps to flash the new rom and be rooted.



    If I remember anything I left out, I will edit.

    I did also get a backup program from the market. backup pro I believe, to backup my contacts and such.
    I would also add. Make sure your on wifi when you dl the ROM it will take forever if you don't.

  5. #470
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536

    Question Question for pm

    Hypothetically... if someone were using a large amount of data through their "unlimited" data plan with CS, does CS have measures in place to throttle data, or to cut off data to that line for some amount of time?

  6. #471
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Hypothetically... if someone were using a large amount of data through their "unlimited" data plan with CS, does CS have measures in place to throttle data, or to cut off data to that line for some amount of time?
    My understanding is that on their phone data plans, unlimited is truly unlimited. PM can probably answer that better for you though.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  7. #472
    Aries278's Avatar
    Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Hypothetically... if someone were using a large amount of data through their "unlimited" data plan with CS, does CS have measures in place to throttle data, or to cut off data to that line for some amount of time?
    As far as the Data Cards go I have the in-laws setup with the usb card on a cradle point router. They are running a Windows Home Server, two desktops, and a laptop. This has been around a year and a half. They have never received a notice or call about data usage. I'm sure Cellular South Monitors it. I'm not too sure about the phone side of things.

  8. #473
    0thundr0's Avatar
    0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries278 View Post
    As far as the Data Cards go I have the in-laws setup with the usb card on a cradle point router. They are running a Windows Home Server, two desktops, and a laptop. This has been around a year and a half. They have never received a notice or call about data usage. I'm sure Cellular South Monitors it. I'm not too sure about the phone side of things.
    With the CSouth usb connected to a router, they don't go over the 5GB cap? At my house we are on cable, and we average 10+GB a month.

  9. #474
    Aries278's Avatar
    Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    With the CSouth usb connected to a router, they don't go over the 5GB cap? At my house we are on cable, and we average 10+GB a month.
    They might I'm not sure. with the windows updates and music and other stuff that is downloaded I'm thinking they do but like I said they have yet to receive a notice.

  10. #475
    0thundr0's Avatar
    0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I did also get a backup program from the market. backup pro I believe, to backup my contacts and such.
    When I use MyBackup, I don't let it backup my Calendar or Contacts. Both are synced with Google. I have had the issue in the past that when MyBackup was restoring the Calendar and Contacts, it had a multitude of errors, because the phone was syncing them from the net. I find not backing them up, and just letting them sync after the phone is set up works great.

  11. #476
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    When I use MyBackup, I don't let it backup my Calendar or Contacts. Both are synced with Google. I have had the issue in the past that when MyBackup was restoring the Calendar and Contacts, it had a multitude of errors, because the phone was syncing them from the net. I find not backing them up, and just letting them sync after the phone is set up works great.
    I had the same issues by making the mistake of backing up Calendar and Contacts, then trying to restore them with MyBackup... if you use Google for both, the backup really messes things up.

  12. #477
    0thundr0's Avatar
    0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries278 View Post
    They might I'm not sure. with the windows updates and music and other stuff that is downloaded I'm thinking they do but like I said they have yet to receive a notice.
    With the USB Data Cards, there are only two plans. 500MB and 5GB. With the 5GB plan, once you pass 5GB, it is $0.30 per megabyte (MB). That has the potential to ugly when hooked up to a router. At least in my house it would. 3 Computers, gaming consoles, Netflix Blu-Ray player, etc. I believe if that was my only option, I would choose something like Satellite internet. They have caps, but at least with them, if you went over, they just throttle you, instead of charging by the MB. Just my opinion though.

  13. #478
    Aries278's Avatar
    Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    With the USB Data Cards, there are only two plans. 500MB and 5GB. With the 5GB plan, once you pass 5GB, it is $0.30 per megabyte (MB). That has the potential to ugly when hooked up to a router. At least in my house it would. 3 Computers, gaming consoles, Netflix Blu-Ray player, etc. I believe if that was my only option, I would choose something like Satellite internet. They have caps, but at least with them, if you went over, they just throttle you, instead of charging by the MB. Just my opinion though.
    The reason for their current setup is because of the Satellite internet not cutting it. Plus I just remembered when we were at the store we asked if it was truly unlimited and if they would be cut off or charged more if they go over say 5GB, because that was the cap being put in place at VZW and ATT. They have a printed email from I'm assuming Jackson, MS stating they have unlimited. So that might have something to do with it but I'm not sure.

  14. #479
    silverhorn's Avatar
    silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    229
    http://mobilenews.mybloogs.com/2010/...n-august-27th/

    Could it be that CS would release the same day or earlier?

  15. #480
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhorn View Post
    http://mobilenews.mybloogs.com/2010/...n-august-27th/

    Could it be that CS would release the same day or earlier?
    That sounds about right according to the store manager I talked to when I got my milestone.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •