Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Well I was in Meridian today at the mall and decided to track down the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Well I was in Meridian today at the mall and decided to track down the ATT store there. It was just a kisosk in the middle but anyway I spent about 10 mins(quality time) with the ATT Samsung Captivate(Galaxy S). That phone is pretty much awesome. NICE screen and pretty dang fast. Camera was pretty nice too. The swipe thing was pretty neat, although when I tried to put in usm it auto corrected to ism but that's predictive text/auto correction for ya. As soon as I can(which hopefully wont be very much longer) I will be bidding farewell to my BlackBerry Tour and joining the Android Nation.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    To flash the rom or not to flash the rom. lol. All I have to do is do it. Just waiting. Hell somone has to do it first (or second in this case). Let me get my beer.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Doooooo eeeettttt lol

PIN/ID
    ask
    well, I am doing it. Will let you guys know.....why do I have a bad feeling. lol
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

the beer didnt take care of that feeling? DRINK MORE lol

PIN/ID
    ask
    Now running Bugless Beast V0.4!!!! so easy!
    www.sonicbabble.com

NICE grats

PIN/ID
    ask
    and running froyo! and overclocked! and have the cool "droid" notifications like the verizon version!
    www.sonicbabble.com

PIN/ID
    ask
    The Cellular South Milestone/Droid is the Droid A855 re-branded for regional carriers and given a model number of A854 to differentiate. Aside from the name change it also has a baseband which does NOT lock the data settings to one specific carrier.

DO NOT USE A RADIO UPDATE FROM VERIZON!

So long as you avoid using any SHX/SBF files from Verizon or update.zip files for updating the radio you should be fine. Any reputable ROM developer will have radio updates separate from their ROM so you should be good with any Droid ROM through ROM Manager or on this forum.

Also, you will need to add a custom apns-conf.xml file to /system/etc/ or an apns.xml file to /system/etc/customer/ in order to enable MMS on any third-party ROMs. You may want to check for and pull these files from your stock ROM before you start messing with custom ROMs.
    Posted at the droid forum. Wanted everyone to see this just in case the decide to do it. I know the rom I did was safe. Just keep in mind about the radio.
    www.sonicbabble.com

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    That's awesome, guys... glad you got root and custom ROMs so fast on your Milestones. Keep us posted on Froyo, would like to hear some thoughts.

I updated to the Final version of SouthPaw for the Hero today. I also switched to LauncherPro, and it has some really nice features. I think I may like this more than Sense, which is cool, because I was planning on getting the Galaxy when available, and I think LP will run nicely on it. I'll see what I think of Touchwiz...

Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    and running froyo! and overclocked! and have the cool "droid" notifications like the verizon version!
    Did you have to manually backup, wipe, and install the rom?

The reason I ask is because I was under the impression that rom manager would do it automatically?
    Mine just boots into recovery and then I have to do everything. Currently backing up current rom.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries278 View Post
    Did you have to manually backup, wipe, and install the rom?

The reason I ask is because I was under the impression that rom manager would do it automatically?
    Mine just boots into recovery and then I have to do everything. Currently backing up current rom.
    If you get rom manager premium it does it all for you. Takes about 10 minutes. If that. Actually, with the root method I linked several pages ago, and this, I would say you can go from stock to rooted with custom rom in about 10 minutes. Couldnt be easier.

I will say that I backed everything up myself beforehand though and transfered it to my pc from the sd card. Just wanted to be safe.
    www.sonicbabble.com

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    the beer didnt take care of that feeling? DRINK MORE lol
    haha, I felt sick until the thing rebooted. I paid full price for the phone, and that would have sucked! lol

It had to be done though, and I had a backup blackberry to use just in case. That and I had backed everything up.

Enjoy guys!
    www.sonicbabble.com

Aries278 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    If you get rom manager premium it does it all for you. Takes about 10 minutes. If that. Actually, with the root method I linked several pages ago, and this, I would say you can go from stock to rooted with custom rom in about 10 minutes. Couldnt be easier.

I will say that I backed everything up myself beforehand though and transfered it to my pc from the sd card. Just wanted to be safe.
    It finally worked with the free version. I manually cleared the cache then I guess I needed one more reboot before it worked correctly.
    Hopefully I am on my way to 2.2!!!

PIN/ID
    ask
    yes, it can be done that way. Alot faster to do it with premium, but either way works. Enjoy!

Download setcpu and overclock to 800 mhz. Other roms allow more if I am not mistaken, but I am pleased with this. Snappy, and doesnt seem to overdo the processor.
    www.sonicbabble.com