Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by jbreakfield Hey pm, No real improvement to the dialer with using the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Hey pm,

No real improvement to the dialer with using the Dialer One app... still very sluggish, sometimes takes 15 sec to initiate a call; strangely, it's also sluggish when scrolling through the call log and contacts. I say strangely because most other functions seem to have sped up with 2.1, but this is unacceptable. I've done some research, and there doesn't seem to be a clear fix for the dialer lag. I'm going to give Dialer One another day, then possibly flash a different ROM and see what, if any, difference that makes.

Is everyone else seeing this issue with 2.1 on the Hero?

I am still having these issues as well on my "non" rooted device. Gonna delete the app. Doesn't really seem to make a difference...

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by dmchance View Post
    I am still having these issues as well on my "non" rooted device. Gonna delete the app. Doesn't really seem to make a difference...
    I rooted mine a few days ago, but I'm still running the stock CS 2.1, so nothing custom, and having the issue. I'm going to uninstall the app as well, since it's not helping things.

silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    I got a job for you silver. I need you keep that Cell south page up and keep clicking refresh until the desire is listed in the accessories list and send me a text when it shows up (then I know when to start expecting the release) - No matter how many more months you have to keep refreshing that page. LOL. I know you have plenty of time at work to do that. LOL!!!
    Geet, you are the one that gets off at 3:30. lol

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhorn View Post
    I don't know it this has any meaning, but the CS accessory listings include the Milestone.
    Maybe it's close

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    nobody posted yet this morning???..........must be a slow one!

Nothing has changed. Still waiting on movement from CS.

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...02011-roadmap/
    And once again, it looks like by the time CSouth gets it's Summer of Android released, they will already be outdating. That seems to be a common story lately. Cheap Plans = Yes, Timely Phone Releases = No.

Hey thundr

Have you tried any of the CS 2.1-based ROMs on your Hero? If so, what do you think? I'm about ready to try something other than the stock, and considered Aloysius, but I'm concerned about the data roaming. Someone posted that changing the DSA after flashing will fix the problem, but I haven't found much else about whether it actually works.
    Thanks

Have you tried any of the CS 2.1-based ROMs on your Hero? If so, what do you think? I'm about ready to try something other than the stock, and considered Aloysius, but I'm concerned about the data roaming. Someone posted that changing the DSA after flashing will fix the problem, but I haven't found much else about whether it actually works.
    Thanks
    I tried Aloysius (Regular,Overclocked, Color & Snow versions) and BitterSweet before the official CS2.1 hit. I found Aloysius to be bloated. The heavy theme seemed a little too much for me. Also, little things like, the Ev and 1x are replaced with 3G. So if you have either one, it still shows 3G. I like to see 1x when in a 1x area. Just me though. Never got a chance to test Roaming myself with Aloysius, but know a couple people that had issues. As far as I know, BitterSweet has been discontinued, and Kyle is working on something based on the CS2.1. I will say that the roaming Data was busted on every update he released. I flashed the CS2.1 and lost root the night it came out. Then I rooted with the new root method that took less than a minute. I'm running the stock CS2.1 with the flashed SU.zip to add Super User. Then I installed AutoKiller, and Wireless Teather, and uninstalled some of the preloaded apps. So far, I am pleased. Runs smooth, all the features work, and Data roaming is fully operational. So far it is working so good (as good as the Hero can possibly be), that I haven't tried eithr of the new Roms out there that came out after the official CS2.1. I'd love to hear if anyone else has though. I'll try anything once.

PM: Any updates on the Data switching problem, and Ev holes we discused earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    I tried Aloysius (Regular,Overclocked, Color & Snow versions) and BitterSweet before the official CS2.1 hit. I found Aloysius to be bloated. The heavy theme seemed a little too much for me. Also, little things like, the Ev and 1x are replaced with 3G. So if you have either one, it still shows 3G. I like to see 1x when in a 1x area. Just me though. Never got a chance to test Roaming myself with Aloysius, but know a couple people that had issues. As far as I know, BitterSweet has been discontinued, and Kyle is working on something based on the CS2.1. I will say that the roaming Data was busted on every update he released. I flashed the CS2.1 and lost root the night it came out. Then I rooted with the new root method that took less than a minute. I'm running the stock CS2.1 with the flashed SU.zip to add Super User. Then I installed AutoKiller, and Wireless Teather, and uninstalled some of the preloaded apps. So far, I am pleased. Runs smooth, all the features work, and Data roaming is fully operational. So far it is working so good (as good as the Hero can possibly be), that I haven't tried eithr of the new Roms out there that came out after the official CS2.1. I'd love to hear if anyone else has though. I'll try anything once.
    So you've not had any problem with dialer lag since you updated? I wonder if it's some App that I have installed. It seems to be a fairly prevalent issue, even with Sprint 2.1 Hero. Other than the dialer/call lag problem, I really like 2.1, but it takes sometimes 20 seconds to make/accept or hang up a call.

I'm probably going to flash either SouthPaw or DangerRom 2.1... both of them are overclocked and remove some of the extra stuff from the stock. I'll let you know what I think if/when I do it.

So you've not had any problem with dialer lag since you updated? I wonder if it's some App that I have installed. It seems to be a fairly prevalent issue, even with Sprint 2.1 Hero. Other than the dialer/call lag problem, I really like 2.1, but it takes sometimes 20 seconds to make/accept or hang up a call.

I'm probably going to flash either SouthPaw or DangerRom 2.1... both of them are overclocked and remove some of the extra stuff from the stock. I'll let you know what I think if/when I do it.
    I had issues with dialer lag on mine with rooted roms. No problem since I updated to the stock CS2.1 rom. And just adding AutoKiller seem to speed mine up. I used the Aloysius OC rom, and had bad stability issues with it. Clocked it dow, and the stability issues went away. But some say OC roms are the best thing since sliced cheese.

For the people having dialer lag, are you getting your contacts via Google Contacts Sync on the phone, or are you not using Google Contacts, and just managing them via the phone only?

Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    For the people having dialer lag, are you getting your contacts via Google Contacts Sync on the phone, or are you not using Google Contacts, and just managing them via the phone only?
    I use Google Contacts Sync