Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 1007

Anyone with the Hero had problems calling after the update? On my wifes hero, you ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #841
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755

    Advertisement



    Anyone with the Hero had problems calling after the update?

    On my wifes hero, you can enter the number and push send. It will go back to the number keypad and seemingly do nothing. Then a few minutes later it will dial the call.

    I have been getting frustrated. My tour got a little damp (I think). It will power on, but none of the buttons work. Now her phone is screwing up.

    I have mine in a bag of rice if it is a little moisture, but am at a loss on the Hero. Ideas?
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  2. #842
    geetarman's Avatar
    geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    I personally dont think so...thats to soon. Milestone still has to launch and so does desire.
    Wow, November would have been my guess as for when CS would release the galaxy s. (thats 3 months from now). So, I guess that means the desire/milestone will be released a lot later that i thought too.

  3. #843
    rod1906's Avatar
    rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    135
    PMarshall....I know everyone is excited about the new smartphones, however for guys like me who like regular handsets, will there be a large selection? Do you know if they will release such phones as the Samsung Omnia or Samsung Calibur? I saw videos on those phones and I really like them. The new Samsung Messager Touch, that CellSouth just recently got, looks promising also.

  4. #844
    gnohra's Avatar
    gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    105
    Hello Apple, from Samsung

    http://twitpic.com/27t7j6

  5. #845
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    OH hey!!!! Everyone with new 2.1 update muct must must *228 your phone!...Keeps you from roaming in MS.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

  6. #846
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    Rod..yes there are a few nice non pda phones coming out....i played with the new samsung and its pretty nice..touch screen and full keyboard.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

  7. #847
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by gnohra View Post
    Hello Apple, from Samsung

    http://twitpic.com/27t7j6
    What about that pole dancer??? hahaha That ads awesome! Had another droid x user in this morning...he was blown away by the galaxy.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

  8. #848
    garblicks's Avatar
    garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    632
    makes no difference pm we wont see them til xmas at least lol.

  9. #849
    cyberwaste's Avatar
    cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    283
    Well I'll be taking back my curve 8530 today and will have to go back to my half working pearl for now man this sucks we need new phones now!

  10. #850
    0thundr0's Avatar
    0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Anyone with the Hero had problems calling after the update? On my wifes hero, you can enter the number and push send. It will go back to the number keypad and seemingly do nothing. Then a few minutes later it will dial the call.
    Had the same problem. I shut down, did a battery pull. Started it up, did the *228 again. Make sure it reboots the phone. I did the *228 3 times. Each time it d.l settings, but never commited them and restarted. After the *228 finished, and the phone rebooted, it worked fine. On my wifes, I noticed almost the same problem across a couple hours. Turned out it appeared to be because Facebook Sync was runnign in the background and syncing her contacts. They say that it syncs on and off and can take up to 24 hrs. After all her contacts were synced, she has no lag making a call. Next time your wife's hero lags, see if the background update icon is in the status bar. Hope my rambling helps.

  11. #851
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    Had the same problem. I shut down, did a battery pull. Started it up, did the *228 again. Make sure it reboots the phone. I did the *228 3 times. Each time it d.l settings, but never commited them and restarted. After the *228 finished, and the phone rebooted, it worked fine. On my wifes, I noticed almost the same problem across a couple hours. Turned out it appeared to be because Facebook Sync was runnign in the background and syncing her contacts. They say that it syncs on and off and can take up to 24 hrs. After all her contacts were synced, she has no lag making a call. Next time your wife's hero lags, see if the background update icon is in the status bar. Hope my rambling helps.
    Thanks for the reply. I will try that this evening and see if it helps
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  12. #852
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    christams is better than not at all! =)
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

  13. #853
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    christams is better than not at all! =)
    Haha true. I hate waiting but I will do it. I have tried Verizon and AT&T. No way I will pay what they want for the service Csouth gets me. I do not care how fast they get the phones, it simply is not worth it to me. It may be to some.

    That said, last night I was thinking I was going to end up either buying another phone off of ebay, or reupping my contract before the new ones came out. Thankfully the bag of rice trick worked like a charm.

    During all of that though, I did find my older HTC 6800 (mogul). I guess I could have turned it back on as a last resort.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  14. #854
    cyberwaste's Avatar
    cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    283
    Hey msmith got a phone i can borrow till we get some new ones?

  15. #855
    garblicks's Avatar
    garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    632
    ive already went to verizon to get me some qoutes on a service with them. im all locked and loaded to left if cs dont start releasing phones! and yes it is their fault the day before the heros update cs network jumps to be much faster than at anytime since ive been a customer. it was pobably "network issus to begin with why the hero was so sluggish. yeah ima continue to do more research so i can give u guys facts instead of just what i believe to be true. customer satifisfaction should be cs #1 goal not going for profit margin and low balling your network. now that they have had to extend their network and these other smartphones coming to cs dont be surprised if they try to charge out the wazoo to get some of what they are losing to extend "open" their network up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •