Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

http://blackberryrocks.com/2010/07/2...rry-tour-9630/ This link shows the 9630 as "end of life" for VZW, and if I'm ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

http://blackberryrocks.com/2010/07/2...rry-tour-9630/ This link shows the 9630 as "end of life" for VZW, and if I'm not mistaken the Moto Droid is shown in the same line up, so now CS will have two phones that are somewhat obsolete, one that hasn't even released yet. Or am I reading it wrong? Where you at Garb?
    Last edited by walkintall67; 07-20-2010 at 12:59 PM.

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    A little neat info I found out today. Concerning the CSouth 2.1, and the amount of time it is taking to fix, many people have said "look at all the Sprint Hero issues after the 2.1 update". It appears that if you downloaded the update in the first 3 days, you received 'HTC Sprint Hero MR 2.27.651.5.exe'. On day 3, Sprint released 'HTC Sprint Hero MR 2.27.651.6.exe'. The .5 to .6 revision fixed multiple issues that were experienced by Sprint customers after the initial update. You all know as well as I do, that when CSouth releases their 2.1, there will be people that will have issues. Even testing for an extra month won't mean a bug free release. At this point though, I don't see any way that CSouth could fix those issues, and release a better update within 3 days of the initial release. IMHO, +1 for Sprint, -1 for CSouth.

Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    http://blackberryrocks.com/2010/07/2...rry-tour-9630/ This link shows the 9630 as "end of life" for VZW, and if I'm not mistaken the Moto Droid is shown in the same line up, so now CS will have two phones the are somewhat obsolete, one that hasn't even released yet. or am I reading it wrong? Where are you Garb?
    You are absolutely reading that correctly. I was looking at that yesterday. That is why they announce them so early on CSouth. That way they build up a purchasing base, so that even if they are at EOL on other carriers, CSouth customers have been waiting and needing for 6 months and will still buy when it arrives. And BTW, it will be 3 phones, because I believe as soon as 2.2 starts dropping in August, the Hero will hit EOL at Sprint.
    UPDATE: http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...-eris-end-life Looks like it is definitely 3. The Eris is basically the same as the Hero, and it went EOL at Verizon in May.
    Last edited by 0thundr0; 07-20-2010 at 01:06 PM.

johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    I guess in December sometime when CSouth finally releases the update for the Hero, if it is perfect with no issues at all, then maybe I will say they did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    You are absolutely reading that correctly. I was looking at that yesterday. That is why they announce them so early on CSouth. That way they build up a purchasing base, so that even if they are at EOL on other carriers, CSouth customers have been waiting and needing for 6 months and will still buy when it arrives. And BTW, it will be 3 phones, because I believe as soon as 2.2 starts dropping in August, the Hero will hit EOL at Sprint.
    UPDATE: http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...-eris-end-life Looks like it is definitely 3. The Eris is basically the same as the Hero, and it went EOL at Verizon in May.
    I like the Milestone and don't have a problem buying one but again, I hate getting leftovers. The Desire and Galaxy will be fresh, I think, when they release so maybe I should continue with the research on them. I had my eyes set on the Desire but I checked out a vid on the galaxy yesterday and now I'm in the confusion zone AGAIN

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm here guys. all I can say is even if u get the milestone it can be rooted and overclocked but that can be said for any android. pm I'm waiting on that ustream video lol.

johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have to say even though I am frustrated with how slow they are releasing the update I am excited about the desire, I just hope they don't take forever to release it.

Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    I like the Milestone and don't have a problem buying one but again, I hate getting leftovers. The Desire and Galaxy will be fresh, I think, when they release so maybe I should continue with the research on them. I had my eyes set on the Desire but I checked out a vid on the galaxy yesterday and now I'm in the confusion zone AGAIN
    ok here goes the desire is more user friendly with a poorer gpu while the galaxy is faster than a hickup and less user friendly. while the galaxy has better hardware per se the desire can get firmware updates to do the same things u just get them out of the box with the galaxy

my guess is late aug to late sept for the desire.

They should really push to get the desire and Galaxy S released.

lol. we are talking about cs. don't be surprised if we don't see the galaxy until after thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    lol. we are talking about cs. don't be surprised if we don't see the galaxy until after thanksgiving
    That's what I am expecting, and hoping to see the Desire by October, then of course both of their lives will be half way over

I'd pay my etf and move if cs waited til oct to release the desire. verizon is releasing phones every month it seems. yeah I'd go with them begrudgingly if its gonna be oct seriously

Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    I'd pay my etf and move if cs waited til oct to release the desire. verizon is releasing phones every month it seems. yeah I'd go with them begrudgingly if its gonna be oct seriously
    I agree 100%

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    We will get the galaxy 30 days after everyone else. Got this info from a trusted source who was there when the unveiled it and announced it for us he said that was the deal sprint and verizon get it 30 days after us and us cellular get ours.

To bad I have given up and went back to blackberrys just wish I knew the close to date on the bold.