Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

yeh, thats a respectable reason to leave a company right there. no matter how bad ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

yeh, thats a respectable reason to leave a company right there. no matter how bad people here in the USA think they have it bad...its always worse somewhere else....geez..thats nuts. Csouth customers complaine about not being able to upgrade after one year...imagine not being able to at all til 2 years...if that phone is 299 on 3 year contract..i wonder how high the full price is then!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    pm u no i rant no harm intended. it just very frustrating that we are still waiting. you are a very good source. can u explain this part of your msg. "1 should be extreamly soon, csouth was waiting on htc to let us release it, now way is it csouths hands, its htc so dont blame csouth." is that to mean cs is trying to move up their release date or something?

Yeh i know...it def frusterating...i appreciate it and def appreciate yall. What i meant was...not to blame csouth totally because htc is basically the hold up.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

racerxe24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PM I know that CS's hands are tied by the big boys. I know you are frustrated just like we are. I see now that Motorola has kinda gotten close to Verizon and they seem to be in bed together so any phone from them will probably not be seen on another carrier, any carrier for 6 months. Of course ATT has the iphone. CS does a great job in a business where they are constantly swimming upstream fighting for customers. I was really hoping that Samsung would allow the smaller carriers like Cell South and US Cellular to release the galaxy s at around the same time as the big four since Samsung really has not allegiences to anybody that I know of... Again this is not a knock on you or Cell South, just hating the game and the way it is played it all. Because Cell South has the best service and prices....there can be no arguement about that...

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Yeh i know...it def frusterating...i appreciate it and def appreciate yall. What i meant was...not to blame csouth totally because htc is basically the hold up.
    Are we talking about Hero upgrade, or Desire, or both here?

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm confused bc I don't no if you're talking about a phone, update or both that's why I asked

silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    CS just released the CS Emerge feature to "mobilize your music". Hoo Boy, that is what I've been waiting for...

Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    I'm confused bc I don't no if you're talking about a phone, update or both that's why I asked
    Both... csouth cant release a phone or upgrade until the manufactor is ready for csouth to do so. Hero update for example...csouth doesnt have it yet, htc still has it and we cant release it until htc releases it to csouth. Its basically the same process on all phones and software updates. lol, Sorry if i got it confusing, sometimes i get to typing and what goes through my head doesnt exactly make sence when its typed ha.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Something must be about the happen... CSouth dropped the price of the Hero...

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    OK! I found what I'm holding out for: The only problem is... We will probably have 4G before we get this....

http://designfabulous.blogspot.com/2010/07/htc-1.html

OH!!! And I want CS to give me a date RIGHT NOW as to when I can pick it up.
    Last edited by fd59; 07-16-2010 at 04:56 PM.

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ...csouth doesnt have it yet, htc still has it and we cant release it until htc releases it to csouth.
    So HTC writes the update, gives it to CSouth for testing. CSouth finds a problem, so they send it back to HTC to fix. They fix, and send back to CSouth. CSouth says it's now working great. Then they give it back to HTC, who then is able to hold it until they (HTC) decide it needs to be released. Am I missing something? That just doesn't seem very efficient.

Via the CSouth Facebok page: "We have approved the Hero 2.1 Android update and it has now been handed over to Google and HTC for their final approval. When this occurs, the software will be available to download from the online Discover Center. We will provide more details here next week as soon as it’s available." I'm sure if it manages to not get hung up with HTC or Google, it will probably be Friday night of next week before we see it.

your basically correct except htc doesnt send the os to load...they send sample devices with the software already installed if that makes more sence. Csouth never had it to install.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

your basically correct except htc doesnt send the os to load...they send sample devices with the software already installed if that makes more sence. Csouth never had it to install.
    Perfect sense. So in theory, if HTC got the nod today that the sample devices were up to par, they could very well offer it on their server tomorrow if they wanted to? Maybe HTC adding the downloads section to their page today was because they received the nod, and are readying the servers for the update. I am glad to see that CSouth has now put it in the hands of HTC to shoot themselves in the foot if it is delayed again. I just hate it took this long for CSouth to iron out the bugs and approve 2.1.

Yep very well possible..
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH