Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by 0thundr0 Are you saying that you know the release date of 2.1? ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    Are you saying that you know the release date of 2.1? If I were CSouth, and HTC had given me a date they would have it to me for release, seeing it was already past CSouth's original deadline, and creaping close on their second self-imposed second deadline, if I were CSouth I would be all over HTC to get it done now. The longer this takes, the more it gives the appearance that CSouth is holding it until after another phone release (more than likely non-HTC), so they can catch Hero owners who are fed up, and ready to jump the Hero ship. With so many other regional carriers having already released 2.1 (http://www.pcdphones.com/our-devices.../adr6250update), this is beginning to hurt CSouth more than they know. The longer it takes, the more people realize what they're missing out on.
    ha! no pun intended but if that's the case either cs will lose customers or those same ones will just make cs richer

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohnymous View Post
    Hero owners who are fed up? Is there anyone who is really going to pay an ETF, and pony up $150 for a new phone that has 2.1 rather than wait a week to update their Hero?
    If it were just the software, probably not. Since there is an upgrade in hardware as well with these new devices, some will do that. I know I have before on varius berries.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by AKAhappy View Post
    Has anyone ever attempted to activate a Verizon phone on csouth's network? I understand why csouth would not want this to happen from a business stand point, but I'm interested in hearing other people's experiences.

Ok, I've gotten the go ahead to tell my story on this.

First off, I had two friends that bought the storm from Verizon and had it put on csouth way before they implemented the termination policy for hooking up other company phones.
    I wanted one too. I bought one off the stacks and received it three months after the others were already on the network. It turned out that when I got it Csouth shut the door, so to speak, on the whole other company phones thing.
    Well after about three months of waiting, someone quit or was moved to another location, I didn't get names or details. I didn't care about that. They just said they could try and put it through and get it on the network.
    Ok, now the good stuff. I finally got someone willing to risk it and it was on the network. I had to do all the setup myself tho. I mean all the setup on the phone itself. After many days of trial and not necessarilly error but aggravation, something clicked and got all my data working.
    So, now my phones working on csouth. I went maybe a month with no problems and my data quit on me. I figured it was network problems and gave it some time. I had to do the *228 and stuff like that and reconfigure the phone to get it to work right again. This would happen every three to four weeks or so. And I would do the same thing to fix it. It went on for about six months and the Hero came out. What a good reason to get rid of that burden.
    Now here I am waiting on a damn update that I need so my phone has complete functionality again lol.

Anyway, that's my whole story. If that's too revealing just send me a PM and it'll be gone. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. No names and no locations just like promised.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Only bad thing about this obsession (wanting newest asap) is that theres one rule here....Gotta pay to play. Like i said before i spend over 4g a year on phones...crazy i know. ETF's suck i agree but theres a reason its there, to protect the company. 2.1 on the hero has been great to me. I can MMS now and BTF, plus its been solid, no force closing or anything, i havnt even had to do one single hard reset. The wait sucks *** i know, but its not csouth, its htc..be mad at them, but it does make csouth look bad in the eye of their customers ill agree. The hummingbird processor in the Galaxy is the S***!!! Amazingly stable and fast,it really makes me overlook all other phones.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hero owners who are fed up? Is there anyone who is really going to pay an ETF, and pony up $150 for a new phone that has 2.1 rather than wait a week to update their Hero?
    It is $205 for me to upgrade today, plus the cost of the new phone. I see multiple used Hero's on eBay that are currently being bid around the $150 mark, and I have seen a couple go in the past few weeks for $200+. I'd venture to say that there are more than you realize that are ready to Pony Up and get rid of their Hero. I am sick of laying my 2 Hero's next to Blackberry's and Motorola's and they have full service EVO, and the Hero's have 2 bars and are going 1x, no data, EVO. The Discover Center person tells me to put it on EVO only in McComb. What she fails to inform me is that I won't get any text messages, cause they come in 1x. hehe. I can't speak for other CSouth areas, but this happens alot in Southwest MS. I work for a bank in McComb, and we do free Mobile Banking. I help customers set it up on their phones, and I haven't found a hero owner that doens't complain that the cell service on their Hero sucks compared to other phones that their friends and family have. Thanks for the vent. **steps off soapbox**

PIN/ID
    ask
    thundr, in my experience, HTC phones in general just do not pick up as good as motorola or BB.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

ajohnymous no está en línea Stack level 2
    Evidently most people are a lot more demanding of their phones than I am. I bought my Hero in December for what it was. I'm anticipating 2.1, sure, but I'm not upset that somehow CS (or HTC for that matter) hasn't gotten me a free update.
    But I don't have reception (or any other quality) issues either...

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Evidently most people are a lot more demanding of their phones than I am. I bought my Hero in December for what it was. I'm anticipating 2.1, sure, but I'm not upset that somehow CS (or HTC for that matter) hasn't gotten me a free update.
    But I don't have reception (or any other quality) issues either...
    I bought 2 in March after being told that 2.1 would be available in the first half of the year. Also, I fell for the iPhone comparison. If I had come to this phone from my BB, then yes, it would have been a good upgrade. But coming from the iPhone, this Hero was not in the same league as the jailbroken iPhone 3GS I had. Shame on me for not researching enough, but shame on CSouth for trying to put the two on the same level.

speaking of processors check this out! i love the phone as well. maybe we will see it on cs in 2012 lol http://www.sizzledcore.com/2010/07/0...gon-processor/

PIN/ID
    ask
    I have seen some on that one before. Now THAT is a phone I would want.
    www.sonicbabble.com

yeh thats a bad ars phone!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    I bought 2 in March after being told that 2.1 would be available in the first half of the year. Also, I fell for the iPhone comparison. If I had come to this phone from my BB, then yes, it would have been a good upgrade. But coming from the iPhone, this Hero was not in the same league as the jailbroken iPhone 3GS I had. Shame on me for not researching enough, but shame on CSouth for trying to put the two on the same level.
    its very comparable to the iphone. the problem is they put an inadequate processor in the hero. truth be told the desire is what the hero should have been. at least that's what the thinking was anyway. and for informed buyers a update or the ability of getting an update should be part of the process of choosing a phone. there are plenty of phones that have received multiple updates and tweaks since before smartphones hit the masses

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    its very comparable to the iphone. the problem is they put an inadequate processor in the hero. truth be told the desire is what the hero should have been. at least that's what the thinking was anyway. and for informed buyers a update or the ability of getting an update should be part of the process of choosing a phone. there are plenty of phones that have received multiple updates and tweaks since before smartphones hit the masses
    I would actually say that the inadequate processor is what makes the Hero NOT comparable to the iPhone... Android is definitely comparable to iPhoneOS, though.
    And I agree, the Desire seems to be what the Hero should have been...

when i had my razor on att if i didnt cut it off every so often the internet would not run. they told me to power it down for a min bc they updated their phones everyday and they did. now what exactly type of updates they did i have no idea but i do know it happened to me alot where i forgot to power my phone off and like clock work my internet would not work until i did so

ok , i spoke with a Tech here and he said the Vision Garb linked us to might not be as bad as we think....lol...its more than likely an arm11 processor which is in the hero just overclocked which migh not be so stable. just a lil info.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH