Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

im not going to either of the evil empires lol. best prices u can can ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

im not going to either of the evil empires lol. best prices u can can bare none. ill just get the milestone like the wife and call it a day. maybe in a yr or 2 cs will have something way better but other than that its the desire for me unless they delay its released

Quote Originally Posted by racerxe24 View Post
    Since I have the Droid already I guess I am in a decent position. And if you are worried about how many screens the milestone will have or any other things software related I would not worry too much. There is so much stuff on the market that is free that you can customize the heck out of it. I had one let me have 9 home screens. But I settled on LauncherPro which has 5 homescreens. That is why I really don't care for any type of UI that comes with any of these phones. Sense, motoblur, does not matter to me...because I want to customize it the way I want it to look. My background is a picture of what the weather is like outside with grass to show if it is windy. I will be dark and have clouds if that is true or have a bright sun if that is what is going on. Really cool stuff with 2.1. But I am looking more at hardware specs and what companies are building good phones and can get updates out in a reasonable time. And I really worry about 4g. I don't want to be stuck with a phone that is awesome but only 3g when 4g is out and rolling....
    i agree with being able to custimize the milestone however u want it. theres beutiful widgets as well. im not even worried about 4g or lte right now on cs thats seems like something 2 yrs down the road anyway id prefer the desire but im not gonna wait forever to get it

racerxe24 it seems like the galaxy is your phone then. it has the best hardware of any phone thats gonna be out

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by scott4nola View Post
    I'm with you on that. Past August 31st I am looking at Verizon and the Droid X. Everything with CS is always delay after delay after delay. We've been hearing for months "very soon". I don't see why everything takes so long with them. I'm giving them until August to get the Desire out and then I am looking elsewhere. May have to pay more but tired of the hype and waiting game.
    Pretty harsh comment...i guess the fact csouths getting it isnt enough. People just wont be happy. We have all been over why companies wait to sell phones. Ther are many reasons. Think about it...how many times has VZW been on the threads saying.."recall" or "problem" or "problem fix upgrade"....they dont test enough...they just wanna be first and quality doesnt matter to them. So what if VZW or Sprint or ATT gets a phone before someone else..it will be available when its available. Phones pass and fail testing all the time. Take for example..the BB storm...wow what a failure. When they sold that phone the very first day...VZW already announced they had many issues the same exact day....csouth wouldnt do that. Id hate for csouth customers to leave csouth for another company only due to not being able to wait a lil bit. Of course csouth isnt going to get a phone first, their not a nationwide network, but the fact csouth gets these high end phones is something awesome. There are many many cellular companies in the US that will never get an android device simply because they cant order enough, so we should be glad to get what we are getting. Just 4 years ago when you came to csouth, you got a motorola razr or a nokia bar phone......thats leaps and bounds from where csouth is today. Im not targeting anyone, its only my opinion and everyone here has their own, just ranting.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

My next keeper device will be Galaxy S for sure.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

its the best phone hardware wise on the market

im still not waiting past aug 31st for the desire. its a great phone but i still have my resevations. i feel like thats a resonable time frame to wait. coming soon to me doesnt mean 3 or 4 months out. poor marketing with the unveiling thing is what caused the whole matter.

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3

HTC Desire Passes through FCC with North American 3G Bands

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Pm i agree with you and i tell you I am a CS customer who is willing to wait for phones to come out and just happy that they are coming out with high end phones. I do get annoyed sometimes but thats everyone. Im stuck on the desire pm. The galaxy might have better hardware but i just love the ui on htc. Yes the galaxy has better hardware but its not enough of a difference for me to choose it.

racerxe24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    While I am thinking the galaxy s will probably be my next phone, I am sure by the time Cell South gets it there will be something newer and greater and better. I will probably get it because like garb said, CellSouth will probably not have 4g like speeds for another 2 years and the galaxy s should be able to run whatever is out there for a while. I have had the droid since it came out and have really enjoyed the phone, but can see the limitations of it coming to an end with gingerbread(3.0). I think that a phone like the galaxy s will be able to carry on until 4g phones start rolling out. I have always loved CellSouth's service and customer service but the lack of phones is what has me on the evil Verizon. While I do pay more, I only pay about $100 a month with my discounts for being a state employee. And I understand where PM is coming from in the testing rant. I got the BB Storm on the first day and still feel like Verizon should have paid me to use that piece of crap. But by the same token, you don't want to get a phone that is close to obsolete when you get it... like the Milestone will be for gingerbread. It is just a matter of what one wants to do or is willing to pay or put up with. And I sure do hope that the galaxy Cell South is getting is the full blown one like the others are getting.....

I def understand Garb. I dont have to wait at csouth due to my position here but i also have tmobile..ive been waiting on a "said" phone for over a year.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Mclovin...valid reason ill say...everyone has their likes and dislikes. I myself and wanting the Samsung for 3 reasons...1.Ive had every android except this style samsung..2. I want to learn this UI..i know htc's well. 3. I wanna try the Hummingbird.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

cs is doing the best it can. just bc i understand that doesnt mean i still have a need or want for a product within a reasonable time frame. the only thing that scares me about the galaxy and i have a hunch its gonna be the stock version is the updates not that it cant get them but that it will be slower than htc passing them out then u have to wait again on the carrier to put it out. at the rate cs is going with the hero all that eqauls to one word "FEAR". its great to have the best product on the market but what good is it when inferior devices will at least has had it 6 months before u can enjoy it bc it has sense. yeah i no u can always root but rooting solves some issues and gives u some itself. theres no perfect device but at the rate these carriers are putting out these phones the customer is getting left out of the process. no way google releases froyo in may and it will be xmas before htc can convert it over. to me thats bad business

if i were to wait til sept to get the desire i might as well wait til oct or nov to get the galaxys as a xmas present lol. or wait til march or april for the droid x or............................... get the idea?

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by racerxe24 View Post
    ..My background is a picture of what the weather is like outside with grass to show if it is windy. I will be dark and have clouds if that is true or have a bright sun if that is what is going on. Really cool stuff with 2.1.
    What Live Walpaper are you using? I have Beautiful Live Weather installed, but currently it shows the sun on the walpaper, and the HTC clock/weather widget shows showers. UPDATE: Just figured out you have to have Beautiful Widgets installed to unlock the weather on the wallpaper.