Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

one of the things I forget all the time about cs is that its still ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

one of the things I forget all the time about cs is that its still a regional carrier. it has it advantages and disadvantages.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    one of the things I forget all the time about cs is that its still a regional carrier. it has it advantages and disadvantages.
    This is something we all forget at times, they really do a good job, at least I think so. I have searched all carriers available in my area and CS always has the best deal .

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ...its a good phone but cs have no control over when htc brings out a update that's up to standard.
    Do you seriously believe this? You believe sellers of products have no influence with the manufactures. CSouth has at least one liaison to HTC I’m sure, and it’s his job to ensure that the supplier is meeting their needs. CSouth currently sells 4 HTC phones, and more on the way. You are naive if you think CSouth has zero control concerning an update that has already been supplied to other carriers for the same phone.
    ...it just so happens htc put a processor that's not up to par for the hero.
    This statement is false. The Hero runs a 528Mhz processor. In comparison, the iPhone 3GS runs a 600Mhz processor, and is in no means outdated. The processor supplied in the Hero is ample enough for 2.1, and may even be OK for 2.2 (which will be revealed later). Also, the Hero’s processor is quite stable over clocked to 710.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

hey thundr

I saw where Kyle feels like he has fixed quite a few of the issues with the Bittersweet ROM, including the data roaming one... if this is confirmed, I'm going to root my hero, and probably not worry about the CS Update

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3
    So I'm as eager for 2.1 as the next guy, but CS doesn't *owe* us an update.. if anyone buys a phone based on anything other than the already-implemented features, they're fooling themselves.

ajohnymous no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gnohra View Post
    So I'm as eager for 2.1 as the next guy, but CS doesn't *owe* us an update.. if anyone buys a phone based on anything other than the already-implemented features, they're fooling themselves.
    Bingo. How many people seriously knew it could be updated when they bought it last year?

Quote Originally Posted by gnohra View Post
    When a company promises an update, IMO, they owe you an update. And yes, I knew it could be updated when I bought it last year, though I had no expectation at the time on how soon that would happen. On the other hand, I'm not beside myself waiting for the update, either. They said first half 2010, first half isn't over quite yet.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post

This statement is false. The Hero runs a 528Mhz processor. In comparison, the iPhone 3GS runs a 600Mhz processor, and is in no means outdated. The processor supplied in the Hero is ample enough for 2.1, and may even be OK for 2.2 (which will be revealed later). Also, the Hero’s processor is quite stable over clocked to 710.
    Also, the fact of the matter is, Android builds are becoming "lighter" as they progress........2.2 will be less heavy on the processor than the clumsy 1.5 build. As the software evolves, it will be streamlined. Great point, thundr.

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    I saw where Kyle feels like he has fixed quite a few of the issues with the Bittersweet ROM, including the data roaming one... if this is confirmed, I'm going to root my hero, and probably not worry about the CS Update
    I too am waiting for him to release this new update, cause unfortunately, I had his 2.1 when I went to Orlando, FL. Roaming was definately busted. I'm looking forward to the official 2.1 being used to build a Rom for rooted CSouth phones. Sidenote: I miss my voicemail notifications too.

I agree with jbreakfield. I think alot of people bought this phone in December knowing that it would get 2.1 cause CSouth announced it. I wouldn't say I am beside myself either. I just think as a common courtesy, they should give some better updates on the progress other than setting a 6 month time period and not giving any useable updates even with a week to go. Even my 50+ yr old mother wants 2.1 because there are certain apps she can't download because of the 1.5 (ie KLove streaming radio, which I love!, etc.)

FYI: CSouth just confirmed that Data service is down in Hattiesburg. They are aware of it, and are working to resolve. My wife is at USM, and called to see if I had internet in McComb.

thundr, have you thought about trying Google Voice? I didn't like CS's voicemail process anyway, and switched completely to Google Voice, so now I get notifications, and with the GV app, Visual Voicemail as well. I did have to add the "No answer transfer" feature, and haven't confirmed whether it costs the $1.50 that someone said.

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    thundr, have you thought about trying Google Voice? I didn't like CS's voicemail process anyway, and switched completely to Google Voice, so now I get notifications, and with the GV app, Visual Voicemail as well. I did have to add the "No answer transfer" feature, and haven't confirmed whether it costs the $1.50 that someone said.
    I use Google Voice, but I do not use the voicemail feature. I hate to say that I was waiting to see if someone could confirm that it cost for the "no answer transfer". Did you add that feature online, or do you have to call to add it?

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3
    And Google Voice is now open to everyone (as of today):

http://googlevoiceblog.blogspot.com/

I had to call to add it... the first time I tried a couple of months ago, I asked for just conditional forwarding, and was told they don't have that feature, then I found out about the "no answer transfer", and called to add it. The rep wasn't completely familiar with it, and told me that it was a no-cost feature like the VM, but then others have said it costs, so we'll see on my next bill. I'm willing to pay the extra for the convenience, though.

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I truly believe the next phone after the HTC Desire will be a Samsung, possibly the Acclaim or some form of the Galaxy. I still wouldn't be surprised to see an LG device also. I'm just glad to see Cellular South getting these premiere phones.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast