Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

I don't have a credible source on this fellas, but I have heard that the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I don't have a credible source on this fellas, but I have heard that the Droid X is on the list.........4.3 inch and snapdragon would be awesome.

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The way i look at it for the pple waiting for the galaxy s, they wanted the desire before the galaxy was announced now they are waiting for that, if they wait for the galaxy they might be waiting even longer if another phone is announced. They just have to choose cuz if they dont and jus keep waiting on the next big phone thats anounced, they will be waiting forever pretty much.

racerxe24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    While I think it is great that we are all talking about what phone will run with 2.2 or 3.0 or whatever is coming out next... my biggest concern right now is 4g. As you all know I currently have the droid at Verizon. I really want to get the galaxy S on CS. But I don't want to get it with a two year contract and be stuck with a 3g phone when a 4g phone might be coming out 6 months later. The biggest spec I am looking for in a phone is, is it 3g or 4g capable? All the ram, rom, and processor speed will not get you 4g speeds. PM any word on when CSouth plans on rolling out 4g and will it be LTE?

As for the Droid X or even Droid 2, they will not hit CSouth until six months minimum after they hit Verizon due to the exclusive contract they have with motorola....

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ^^ Well said.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by racerxe24 View Post
    While I think it is great that we are all talking about what phone will run with 2.2 or 3.0 or whatever is coming out next... my biggest concern right now is 4g. As you all know I currently have the droid at Verizon. I really want to get the galaxy S on CS. But I don't want to get it with a two year contract and be stuck with a 3g phone when a 4g phone might be coming out 6 months later. The biggest spec I am looking for in a phone is, is it 3g or 4g capable? All the ram, rom, and processor speed will not get you 4g speeds. PM any word on when CSouth plans on rolling out 4g and will it be LTE?

As for the Droid X or even Droid 2, they will not hit CSouth until six months minimum after they hit Verizon due to the exclusive contract they have with motorola....
    Great post. I would wager that any phone on this list will still suit your needs for the length of the contract, and well before 4g in whatever form, gets to be too wide spread.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

A verizon rep told me they will be switching to 4g by the end of this year so CS might soon follow. Also i think verizon is finally getting the iphone about january and will advertise it near the holidays. PM do you think if verizon gets the iphone that CS might follow or will it stick with android. Just want your opinion.

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    droid x for cs? if only they'd speed up the release dates

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mclovin07 View Post
    A verizon rep told me they will be switching to 4g by the end of this year so CS might soon follow. Also i think verizon is finally getting the iphone about january and will advertise it near the holidays. PM do you think if verizon gets the iphone that CS might follow or will it stick with android. Just want your opinion.
    They will probably switch some areas. I just doubt it will come close to equaling current 3g coverage for a few years out.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

your reps have been given u bad info mclovin lol

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yeh csouth will go 4g for sure..no idea when..but they are looking into it def! I in all honestly believe that csouth will NEVER GO APPLE!!!! Csouth is so anti apple its unreal...i cant say who and why i know..but i know. With that said...if a decision to get apple is made dont shoot me...im just saying what ive been told by a certain someone WAY up, but hes one man and this is a whole company...and its a company decision. I for one hope apple doesnt land here....not an apple or iphone fan at all. Android does everything the apple does and more. There will be someone here that says yeh but the iphone4 has a front mount camera...so what...thats a feature the company who sells it makes whether to or not to have. Think about it....some people on here have had att at some poiont and understand that if you get off a main road or interstate....your out of luck on service...so whats the point of a front mount camera when you can ONLY use it on wi-fi. Wi-fi isnt everywhere and im pretty sure(could be wrong) but you have to also have att data service to connect to att server. Although wifi is a souce by itself...its works together with att service from what i read. There really isnt anything the iphone does that an android wont...minus a few apps that arent made. So as for 4G...its gonna be nice..but had an evo 4g in the other day and we had a speed test...=..standing in radio shack with 4g service...the EVO only beat my hero but 2.5 seconds. Streaming is gonna be where 4g speeds are seen and wont make much if any difference in call quality. Its just gonna be a while before 4g is readily available anywhere to enough people to even matter. That transaction takes alot of time.Sorry for the rant..been a while since i had time to post something worth posting haha.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    I agree, good comparison of the two
    Last edited by walkintall67; 07-02-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks pm and garb the CS reps have been right so far. They were right about what time the desire and milestone were gonna comeout months before it was even announced that were coming to CS on the internet. Even right about the hero 2.1 update(dead on had CS not had lastminute bugs). The verizon rep was did tell me what i had read on the internet and was confirmed by user jon4lakers on you tube. But garbliks i know they arent right all the time and sometimes either give info that changes or say things just to keep yu calm.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Saw where Android now has an app for Yahoo, I'm glad to see this one cause it will make it easier to add my Yahoo stuff to a new Android phone and best of all, IT'S FREE

mclovin I was kidding
    Last edited by garblicks; 07-02-2010 at 08:08 AM.