Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by garblicks I've read them and 90% of them is for the 2.1 ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    I've read them and 90% of them is for the 2.1 update. again put that info on your main web site instead of creating a thread. just bc fb and twitter are popular not everyone go to them to get their news and as it relates to cs. I'm just saying what's the use of having the unveiling or a main site if your not gonna use it to inform your customers 1st hand and not waiting. common sense should have told them htc and samsung was gonna spill the beans. be proactive with your information and not reactive.
    Hey, I agree. They should use the unveiling angle better. That is what it is for.

I just do not think that for the majority of the customers, the manufacturers saying anything is spilling the beans. Hell, the milestone and desire have been on Csouths website for a week or so now, and I know alot of "common" customers (by that I mean not like us) that for one do not even know what the Milestone or Desire or, and second have no idea that Cell South is even going to carry them.

In fact, just last night I saved a guy that has a blackberry from buying a Hero because he had no idea that anything else was coming out. Even after I told him about it and he looked on the website he had to go google some yourtube vids to see what the phones were like. He had never heard of them.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Yes, the fact that Samsung announced the Galaxy for CS at their New York event, before CS made the announcement, seems kinda silly to me... especially since they've pretty much now said that this is the "game changer" they were hinting at before.
    Only thing I can figure is CS wanted to sell as many milestones and desires as possible since those were already known. Perhaps they were holding the info back for a business reason. Then, once the info was out there, they had no choice.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Only thing I can figure is CS wanted to sell as many milestones and desires as possible since those were already known. Perhaps they were holding the info back for a business reason. Then, once the info was out there, they had no choice.
    Speaking of holding back. I feel like they are putting off the Hero 2.1 to entice more people to "buy out" of the Hero for something newer next week.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    Speaking of holding back. I feel like they are putting off the Hero 2.1 to entice more people to "buy out" of the Hero for something newer next week.
    That could be... but I hope that CS is being straight up about the problems their having with the OS. With 3 new androids announced, I would bet that a lot of Hero owners will wait for the Desire or Galaxy, too, but I could be wrong.

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    man I've told u guys over and over the hero won't get the 2.1 until after the milestone hits.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Hey, I agree. They should use the unveiling angle better. That is what it is for.

I just do not think that for the majority of the customers, the manufacturers saying anything is spilling the beans. Hell, the milestone and desire have been on Csouths website for a week or so now, and I know alot of "common" customers (by that I mean not like us) that for one do not even know what the Milestone or Desire or, and second have no idea that Cell South is even going to carry them.

In fact, just last night I saved a guy that has a blackberry from buying a Hero because he had no idea that anything else was coming out. Even after I told him about it and he looked on the website he had to go google some yourtube vids to see what the phones were like. He had never heard of them.

I just tried to "save" a friend from getting a Hero for his wife this week. Showed him what was coming up and all but begged him wait.... Did he listen, NO ;( HE went and got a Hero anyway... o well...

I am going to sit back and enjoy 2.1 on my HTC Touch Pro... until they get 2.2 stable... By then maybe CS will have Galaxy S w/ 2.1 available, with the 2.2 update coming 6 months after that.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yall see on tv last night where Csouth was shown to be carrying the Galaxy S?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

thx for someone agreeing with me. its poor business tact imo. if I'm releasing a new product I want to create the buzz. its hard to even see the new phones they are bringing out bc u have to hit the discoverer tab most times to see it. again the galaxy release should have been front page news along with the milestone and desire and the hero's 7e.w update it aint hard to do.

I guess so..haha
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

On a side note, I hear Kyle is very close to releasing a new 2.1 BitterSweet Rom for the Hero that has better roaming support. He's waiting on some info from a dev to get voicemail working. I'm using Goole Voice for my voicemailnow (love it!), so he could go ahead and release it as far as I'm concerned. Got Apps2SD working last night (thanks pound24). Let me say this...Wow! If 2.2 runs more efficient than 2.1, and it puts apps to the SD, there should be no reason why the Hero shouldn't get it. Even with the Aloysius Rom (which is a little theme bloated to me), Apps2SD makes a noticeable improvement.

pm what is cs's marketing ploy. I have no idea why they are going about things this way. I have not seen the galaxy on a cs commercial yet to answer ur question.

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Yall see on tv last night where Csouth was shown to be carrying the Galaxy S?
    Welcome back to the forum. Thought the oil fires might have gotten ya.

I have yet to get into the rooting business. they wife won't let me touch her hero to do it. lol its a good thing bc I might brick it

Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    I have yet to get into the rooting business. they wife won't let me touch her hero to do it. lol its a good thing bc I might brick it
    If my roaming worked better, and voicemail notifications worked for 2.1 roms, my wife would let me root her hero in a heartbeat. She likes the way 2.1 looks, and at this point, she would love for that Hero to brick, so she would have an excuse to get something different. I convinced her that us leaving the iPhone 3GS for Hero's was a comparable trade, and the service would be better. Unfortunately, the service isn't consistant and the Hero isn't the iPhone 3GS. There are multiple places we frequent in MS that last august we had great CSouth service with our Blackberries, that we get like 2 bars, and Data connection flakes in and out now.

Quote Originally Posted by 0thundr0 View Post
    Welcome back to the forum. Thought the oil fires might have gotten ya.
    HAHA na, i was off yesterday and closed on my house luckly...hurricane alex made it a lil difficult but we got it done.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH