Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

they could do a in store demo before they release a product but thats too ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

they could do a in store demo before they release a product but thats too much like right. sorry pm no pun intended. with some of the gaffes thats has happened to all these phones bc the are on different network with different kernals and such thats not a bad idea

leaboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello everyone, I am new to cellular south and this forum. I would like to know if there is any way to change the voice mail system so that it is easier to access without a password and pushing different numbers? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the htc hero phone.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Welcome to the stacks and to Cellular South leaboy. I believe google voice is what you're looking for. I think that's the one that has visual voice mail. How technically inclined are you?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Please
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by leaboy View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to cellular south and this forum. I would like to know if there is any way to change the voice mail system so that it is easier to access without a password and pushing different numbers? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the htc hero phone.
    Get a google voice account, set up a GV number, add "no answer transfer" to your Cell South plan, have your non-answered line transfer the call to the google voice number; add the Google Voice App to your Hero; Now you'll have Visual Voicemail that can be played, with a written transcript of the message (although the transcription doesn't always work so well...)

Thank you for the more detailed info J

Thanks for the welcome! I am fairly decent in the technical department. I had the iPhone with at&t and had it jailbroken. I really would like visual voicemail again. How would I go about it?

Sorry jbreakfield, I posted before I saw your post. How do I get a google voice account?

Do exactly what jbreakfield said and you will have what you want

go here. The other link I was trying to post kept messing up. You can get what you want from the first link
    Last edited by getsugatensho; 06-29-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Sorry jbreakfield, I posted before I saw your post. How do I get a google voice account?
    www.google.com/voice

HTC says Desire will get the 2.2 Froyo update in Q3 this year...

I suppose it's too much to hope that CS actually releases them with 2.2, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    HTC says Desire will get the 2.2 Froyo update in Q3 this year...

I suppose it's too much to hope that CS actually releases them with 2.2, eh?
    jb I'd bet cs is gonna do testing at a better rate than the hero seeing as the desire is a world wide marketed phone. I'd even go so far as to say they will release it with a week of other carriers releasing theirs. htc might even release it in mass themselves.

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also, the No Answer Transfer option is $1.50 through CSouth. I think it's worth it for Visual Voicemail. I just set it up. Very easy, and CSouth was very happy to add the feature. Check out http://www.csouthforums.com/2009/12/...for-voicemail/ for a great tutorial.
    Last edited by 0thundr0; 06-29-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Had cost wrong. Also updated after I set it up on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    jb I'd bet cs is gonna do testing at a better rate than the hero seeing as the desire is a world wide marketed phone. I'd even go so far as to say they will release it with a week of other carriers releasing theirs. htc might even release it in mass themselves.
    I was thinking similarly... they may not release the phone with it, but I'd bet they'll get it out really soon...

this is a site I use to compare a nd research smartphones and smartphone news theinquirer.net