Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Hey thundr, I live in Daphne, AL (just east across the bay from Mobile) and ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Hey thundr,
    I live in Daphne, AL (just east across the bay from Mobile) and commute to Ocean Springs every day. I've had AT&T and then TMobile for 2 years in this area. When I first got Tmo, it seemed to be pretty good coverage, but over time something happened with their towers along I10 on that route. I started having literally close to 100 call drops per month. I called their support time and time again, and they said they would check it out, etc. Then they told me that I needed to go the the area in question, have my Tmobile phone handy, then call support from a different phone so they could trouble shoot. Mind you, these are areas along one of the most traveled Interstate highways in the Southeast, and not easy to just pull over and test out a phone.

If you have good coverage, I think Tmo is fine, but there's no excuse not to have coverage on a main interstate, IMO.

That's why I switched to CS back in November, I got frustrated with all the dropped calls. Now I only have about 1 dropped call per day, lol...

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Hm... it is a Tmo branded phone, so maybe it's not a pearl; it's the small sort of candy bar Tmobile Blackberry, whatever model that is. Tmobile won't help with that?
    I'll check out that website, though, thanks!
    If its a tmobranded phone and your using it on tmo you dont need to unlock..only if you wanted to use it on att. lemme know if you need help...i have access to unlocking codes.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

uhh yeh..tmo is ok..not great by any means...neither is att..gsm is the newest bandwidth in USA and its still in infant stages.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had the nokia 6255i myself in 2005, that phone was state of the art for it's time. One of Cellular South's best.

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    I've only been with cs for a yr. I was with att for 8yrs. I got tired of paying $175 a month for unlimited everything. I don't think I would have left if they had better prices.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

BBM in mexico

My parents took a trip to mexico, and I was wondering if BBM would work for us, and what the cost to them would be. Anyone know?
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

0thundr0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    uhh yeh..tmo is ok..not great by any means...neither is att..gsm is the newest bandwidth in USA and its still in infant stages.
    I was with CSouth for 14 years, and went to AT&T Aug 09, due to the 21% discount my company gets, and for the iPhone. The service became so horrible at my house after they fired up 3G in McComb, that they paid my ETF, and we came back to CSouth in March. Loved the phone, hated the network. Unfortunately, with my Hero there are numerous places now that I get "No Service" that I always had service last year with my Blackberry. I have reported them all. Interested to see if it is network overload, or the phone.

Id say network overload...i saw a decrease in strength when hero launched here in Gulfport. Man, i wish yall could smell this oil that they are burning out there..pretty strong.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    If its a tmobranded phone and your using it on tmo you dont need to unlock..only if you wanted to use it on att. lemme know if you need help...i have access to unlocking codes.
    Hey pm,
    Actually, I wanted to unlock it so I can take it on an out of country trip; as long as it's a quad band phone, I can get a local prepay SIM card to use while in country, with even decent rates to call back to US.

BTW... I did the unlock and jailbreak on the iPhone so that I could use it on Tmo... now that I switched to CS, my daughter is using the iPhone on Tmo now

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Hey pm,
    Actually, I wanted to unlock it so I can take it on an out of country trip; as long as it's a quad band phone, I can get a local prepay SIM card to use while in country, with even decent rates to call back to US.

BTW... I did the unlock and jailbreak on the iPhone so that I could use it on Tmo... now that I switched to CS, my daughter is using the iPhone on Tmo now
    Gotcha...yeh you gonna need to unlock it for that...tmo might help ya...but its not a world edition phone so theres no garuantee it will work.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

I read that a CDMA tower shrinks it's area the more load it receives. It makes sense. Areas that I used to get 5 bars, I only get 2 at now. So say a tower covers 5 miles, it may become so loaded that it shrinks it's area to say 3 miles (just an example). Now if you were located at that 5 mile point and got 5 bars, you are now outside of it's new 3 mile area, and therefore get 2 bars. I just hope that will all the new smartphone coming, the netbooks, mifi, etc that CSouth doesn't become AT&T in terms of service. PM, you said in the past that they had lots more bandwidth that they were not using...now maybe the time to start tapping some of those unused resources. Either way, CSouth service kills AT&T in the rural markets.

Yeh...i read csout is looking into LTE
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Yeh...i read csout is looking into LTE
    Yea, Verizon is rolling out LTE to 30 markets this year, and to all of their current 3G by 2013. If CSouth can negotiate LTE roaming with Verizon, they should be able to roll on the LTE train themselves. I'm really interested to see what they do with Corr Wireless. I also think to raise capital, CSouth should lease some of the 800Mhz to implement GSM in Southwest MS to lease to AT&T. AT&T sucks in South MS, beause CSouth has a monopoly on the 800Mhz. Why not make some money off of it.

Hey i like money!!!!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

CSouth states: "In 2008, we participated in the FCC's 700 MHz auction and successfully purchased licenses for $192 million to cover virtually all of Mississippi and Tennessee and most of Alabama. The company plans to utilize this spectrum to deploy Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology in the future." I would say that Verizon would need CSouth in those areas for LTE roaming. Could be the beginnings of a beautiful friendship. hehe

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast