Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Originally Posted by deltascrew guess we are actually getting the Galaxy III............ http://www.androidcentral.com/c-spir...medium=twitter Press release ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    Yep, that is REALLY good news!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    There is a thread on the CSpire circle that they are turning off internet if you go over 1 gig of data. One of the users got turned off after 4 gig, now that is more believable. I would say he was using a tether program also even though he does not state it.

My question is there some truth in this thread, I do wonder if they are seeing some sort of tether that is why they are being turned off.

http://circle.cspire.com/thread/2883?tstart=0
    I saw that thread. I don't think they can see whether it's a tether app or not... from the post above by add144, and other things I've read, it seems as though they're just detecting your user agent, and asking you to purchase a tethering pass if they see the user agent is "desktop".

So, if you hide your user agent, they shouldn't be able to tell you're tethering. We're supposed to have "Unlimited" data on the old Smartphone Unlimited Plan... 4gb is on the higher end, but not unreasonable if you're doing video streaming and downloading. I know you can easily hit 2gb just audio streaming and downloading podcasts.

It's not clear what was going on with that particular user... Cspire actually cut off his access to the Circle so that he couldn't post any more. It sounded like he was using a lot of data, but if the SUP is "unlimited", it shouldn't matter...

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    I saw that thread. I don't think they can see whether it's a tether app or not... from the post above by add144, and other things I've read, it seems as though they're just detecting your user agent, and asking you to purchase a tethering pass if they see the user agent is "desktop".

So, if you hide your user agent, they shouldn't be able to tell you're tethering. We're supposed to have "Unlimited" data on the old Smartphone Unlimited Plan... 4gb is on the higher end, but not unreasonable if you're doing video streaming and downloading. I know you can easily hit 2gb just audio streaming and downloading podcasts.

It's not clear what was going on with that particular user... Cspire actually cut off his access to the Circle so that he couldn't post any more. It sounded like he was using a lot of data, but if the SUP is "unlimited", it shouldn't matter...
    Your right about the usage, That is why I think he violated one of the rules of the unlimited usage.

On my number of 4 gig being high, I was using AT&T rule of over 2 gig on unlimited plan is excessive.

On a side note I did try the app open garden to tether from my android phone to my Xoom. The app is in beta and does need work. You can only browse in Firefox on the Xoom with the there Firefox add on(be sure to disable outside of tethering). They should open it up more when it moves further into beta upgrades. I hope like you said they can not see this in there packet inspection program. I might reinstall after they improve it more.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    Your right about the usage, That is why I think he violated one of the rules of the unlimited usage.

On my number of 4 gig being high, I was using AT&T rule of over 2 gig on unlimited plan is excessive.

On a side note I did try the app open garden to tether from my android phone to my Xoom. The app is in beta and does need work. You can only browse in Firefox on the Xoom with the there Firefox add on(be sure to disable outside of tethering). They should open it up more when it moves further into beta upgrades. I hope like you said they can not see this in there packet inspection program. I might reinstall after they improve it more.
    Speaking of the "rules of unlimited usage", does anyone have a copy of the terms and agreement that was in effect back when Cellular South was selling the Smartphone Unlimited Plan? The one listed on the website is the "new" CSpire one, that speaks to their current plans. I'm assuming that if we're grandfathered in with the SUP, then we should be held to the original, not what they've changed to now.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    I missed that back in May CSpire posted a video of a speed teat on there new LTE network.

I know that those numbers don't include a load of other users, But still I ready for 25 meg down and 6 meg up load.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100360555395956

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Have you noticed any low storage notifications with ICS. I have plenty of storage left but the notification won't go away

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    Have you noticed any low storage notifications with ICS. I have plenty of storage left but the notification won't go away
    I have not had this problem running AOKP on mine or my wife's phones

also as of build 39...the Showcase is officially supported
    Last edited by deltascrew; 06-19-2012 at 11:49 PM.

I am running build 38 maybeI need to update

http://aokp.co/index.php/releases/_/build-39-r25

I would recomend wiping data and using the latest GApps in the above link
    Last edited by deltascrew; 06-20-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Have you restored a lot of apps from an app like Titanium Backup? I would get the "low storage" message when restoring apps with a lot of data through TiBu... I went back and did fresh installs on everything, then just restored the data on apps that I knew I needed it. This solved the problem for me.

There is an issue with the /datadata folder on MTD ROMs I believe... there's a script that you can run to fix if the above doesn't apply to you...

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    I have not had this problem running AOKP on mine or my wife's phones

also as of build 39...the Showcase is officially supported
    deltascrew,

Don't know how much of a "flashaholic" you are, but if you like the bleeding edge stuff, Steve has a test build of 39 with built in Devil kernel and some linaro optimizations...
    I'm running it now, and it's quite good.

When it's confirmed to be working well, he will merge it into the main builds.

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    deltascrew,

Don't know how much of a "flashaholic" you are, but if you like the bleeding edge stuff, Steve has a test build of 39 with built in Devil kernel and some linaro optimizations...
    I'm running it now, and it's quite good.

When it's confirmed to be working well, he will merge it into the main builds.
    Thanks for the heads up.... I tried a glitched build about 5 builds ago and had some problems , I 'll have to give it another try

Is build 39 worth installing if over 38? I wasn't sure if official support for the Showcase was all that changed. I am only have a couple of issues:

1. Receiving some MMS messages especially those from iphones
    2. Low Storage Notification

Is build 39 worth installing if over 38? I wasn't sure if official support for the Showcase was all that changed. I am only have a couple of issues:

1. Receiving some MMS messages especially those from iphones
    2. Low Storage Notification
    You may not want to worry about it; there isn't really any big difference in 38 and 39 at this point. The developer, Steve Spear, ha put out a test build that has a different kernel; it's a little faster maybe, but otherwise no differences.

I'm not sure about the issue with receiving MMS... I haven't had any problems in that area. My wife has an iPhone, and I receive them from her.

For the low storage space error, there is a built in script that will fix it.
    Use terminal emulator app, and type the following:

su
    datafix enable

If you use Titanium Backup, you will need to go to Preferences-Troubleshooting Settings and check "Follow all symbolic links" BEFORE you run the script. Once the script is run, you'll need to reboot, and that should set you up.

Btw, have you restored apps with data using Titanium Backup, or a similar app?

Anyone with a Galaxy S Showcase, if you're still on version 2.3.5, there is a new update to 2.3.6 on Samsung's support site. It's supposed to fix many of the issues that came with the last update.

I'm waiting on some reports of whether the radio in this version seems better.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast