Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Can't get Superoneclick to root, any suggestions...hangs up at Step#7 everytime. Tried Z4Root it had ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Can't get Superoneclick to root, any suggestions...hangs up at Step#7 everytime. Tried Z4Root it had worked previously but no luck either. Gingerbreak didn't work either.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    Can't get Superoneclick to root, any suggestions...hangs up at Step#7 everytime. Tried Z4Root it had worked previously but no luck either. Gingerbreak didn't work either.
    Are you just wanting to root your current set up? If so, what version are you on, is it 2.3.5? None of the "one click" methods work for 2.3.5, you have to actually flash a CWM recovery with Odin, then flash a "root" file in CWM recovery to root 2.3.5.

If you're planning on going to ICS (or any custom ROM for that matter) you don't need to root ahead of time, you can just use Odin and CWM.

Also, which guide are you using?
    Last edited by jbreakfield; 06-06-2012 at 05:44 PM.

This guide - http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10728-gui...back-to-stock/

I have flashed with Odin, can I use the Rom Manager App to download roms and change out or do I need to follow the ICS steps in the guide?

This guide - http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10728-gui...back-to-stock/

I have flashed with Odin, can I use the Rom Manager App to download roms and change out or do I need to follow the ICS steps in the guide?
    That guide is good; as long as you've flashed CWM4 fixed for CM7 via Odin, you should just use the rest of the ICS steps in the guide... ROM Manager doesn't really play well with our phone for some reason, so you need to do all your ROM flashing in CWM Recovery. Make sure you get the Showcase version of the ROM.

It's in the guide, but just as a reminder, once you're on ICS, don't use 3-finger method to get to recovery, ONLY use the Power Menu.

once i get ICS on I only have to hold down the power button to get to recovery?

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes it is an option in the power menu

long press the power button, select reboot,
    you will have the option of reboot or recovery there

did you have any problem with geolocation after installing this

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Got your own forum now.
    jbreakfield likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Got your own forum now.
    Wow we're moving on up.........
    RogerG and jbreakfield like this.

did you have any problem with geolocation after installing this
    No problem with geolocation for me... you may need to use an app like GPS Status to get a lock the first time.

Looks like everything is working, haven't had a lock up yet in almost 24 hours....so this might actually be what I was needing. Don't know why I didn't make switch to ICS sooner. Anything else I might want to check with this version that is different from the gingerbread version?

Looks like everything is working, haven't had a lock up yet in almost 24 hours....so this might actually be what I was needing. Don't know why I didn't make switch to ICS sooner. Anything else I might want to check with this version that is different from the gingerbread version?
    I'm assuming you used the AOKP that I linked, so here are just a few settings you may want to look at...

"Settings-Developer Options-Background process limit" - I would set this at 4; this seems to keep things running nicely

Look through "Settings-ROM Control" - lots of nice settings here... a few that I use
    - "Lockscreen options" - custom lockscreen wallpaper, set lockscreen style, lockscreen targets (set several custom lockscreen targets (lots more options)
    - Statusbar toggles can be changed/customized
    - "Performance" - set an overclock for your CPU; setting CPU min to 200 instead of 100 doesn't hurt battery, and helps with ramping things up when necessary; I've found upper setting of 1200 to be very stable, but your mileage may vary. I wouldn't worry about messing with any of the other settings like voltage, etc.

There are lots of other options, so this is just a few things to take a look at.
    clmartin22 likes this.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    There is a thread on the CSpire circle that they are turning off internet if you go over 1 gig of data. One of the users got turned off after 4 gig, now that is more believable. I would say he was using a tether program also even though he does not state it.

My question is there some truth in this thread, I do wonder if they are seeing some sort of tether that is why they are being turned off.

http://circle.cspire.com/thread/2883?tstart=0

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You guys have a lot of expertise in here. Would be nice if you'd visit the other forums and share that knowledge.

Last edited by deltascrew; 06-12-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    jbreakfield and clmartin22 like this.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast