Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Article in the Clarion Ledger about C Spire's lawsuit against AT&T,Qualcomm and Motorola http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120601/NEWS/206010345/C-Spire-files-lawsuit-T-Qualcomm-Motorola-targets... C Spire/Cellular South forum

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Article in the Clarion Ledger about C Spire's lawsuit against AT&T,Qualcomm and Motorola

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120601/NEWS/206010345/C-Spire-files-lawsuit-T-Qualcomm-Motorola-targets

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Rob, I'm not going to do away with the thread. I simply meant we were doing away with all the carrier threads and we're going to move this thread elsewhere.

You guys are the only active thread in all the network and carrier forums. There's no way we'd do away with it altogether. We are just trying to simplify and streamline the whole website, so getting rid of inactive and rarely used threads was/is a necessity.

I'm just looking for thoughts and suggestions as to where to move it.

Thanks for your input.
    I don't have any problem moving the thread, if that's what needs to be done to clean things up. As long as we keep it, I'm good with that. I did have some problems with the site for a couple of weeks, where there was something that my virus software would catch, so I wasn't coming here till it stopped giving me warnings.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    US Cellular announced today that they will be getting the Galaxy III, That is a good sign for us since they are on the same band of LTE as C Spire
    RogerG likes this.

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    US Cellular announced today that they will be getting the Galaxy III, That is a good sign for us since they are on the same band of LTE as C Spire
    saw that myself, I am keeping my fingers crossed. my galaxy is on the blink, even a good ole factory reset doesn't seem to do the trick. sure don't want to use an upgrade now with LTE (fingers crossed again) so close

Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    saw that myself, I am keeping my fingers crossed. my galaxy is on the blink, even a good ole factory reset doesn't seem to do the trick. sure don't want to use an upgrade now with LTE (fingers crossed again) so close
    Same here, I'm stretching my Galaxy as far as I can... my upgrade isn't until November, so I'm waiting on the LTE phones, most likely the GSIII, assuming that we get it. I may take a look at the iPhone 5 if we get that, but I'll have a tough time leaving Android...

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well it looks like C Spires fall launch of LTE will not be in the 700mhz band. They are only going to launch in the AWS bands that they have. I do wonder with the mess of the 700mhz band if they are going to demand more time on the mandatory launch of next March on the 700mhz band.

AWS launch news
    http://www.wirelessweek.com/News/201...d-Collusion%2f

I don't see myself ever going back to an iPhone unless Apple changes it up greatly. I love the freedom of android, even a lot of common apps are less restrictive with Android. My wife went back to the iPhone and she is always asking why she can't do something on it she could do on her Galaxy. Granted Android is not for everybody, I definitely have no problem with it.

After reading that I am wondering exactly what phones we will be offered initially. I was hoping for the HTC One or the G3. The G3 seems like it might by our only option for a while.

This article is related... could point to some compatible devices by the end of the year, possibly...

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...nds/2012-06-05

That would definitely help, but still leaves C Spire in a bind for devices in September. Wondering which manufacturers will switch over to this new chipset?

Don't know about everyone else but there is something with the current chipset or radio in the Galaxy that really drains the battery when you are roaming. My battery goes down 3 times as fast when I am in a weak service area. I hope this is something that we see improved as well. What has everyone else experienced when roaming? How does the Milestone radio compare?

That would definitely help, but still leaves C Spire in a bind for devices in September. Wondering which manufacturers will switch over to this new chipset?

Don't know about everyone else but there is something with the current chipset or radio in the Galaxy that really drains the battery when you are roaming. My battery goes down 3 times as fast when I am in a weak service area. I hope this is something that we see improved as well. What has everyone else experienced when roaming? How does the Milestone radio compare?
    Agreed, but I'm assuming they will have devices that take advantage of their stated AWS/PCS bands for the launch.

If I'm in a low signal area, whether roaming or not, I get severe battery drain. I work in Pascagoula, but it's an area with low signal, and my phone won't quite last all day. When I'm home where I have a good signal, it lasts over a day.

Are you running a custom ROM and kernel? If you have a kernel that supports aftermarket batteries, you can use THESE... I have them, and it adds several hours to my daily phone life. It doesn't list our phone, but they are the exact same size, and fit perfectly.

I am not currently running a custom ROM or Kernel....what are you currently running? I can't afford to have problems so I have rooted this phone.

I am not currently running a custom ROM or Kernel....what are you currently running? I can't afford to have problems so I have rooted this phone.
    ah, well, I'm currently running a custom version of Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich...

I runs extremely well, I have to say.

care to share a link to your current rom?

care to share a link to your current rom?
    Sure, no problem. I'm currently running the custom AOKP for Showcase. This developer builds custom versions for the Fascinate, Mesmerize, and Showcase, with custom kernel. He's working on adding the Showcase into the "official" builds for AOKP.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast