Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Originally Posted by frenchfry Anybody want to guess what C Spire is up to with ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    Anybody want to guess what C Spire is up to with the announcement of "it will be the speed of light".

My only guess is that they will start offering Fiber to the House. There was a report this week that the Google fiber idea is picking up. I hope they looked at Google Fiber business model and are going to offer something like it. I known they have fiber in my town in the business district that was put in place from a grant.
    Well if its anything like the 4g service it will not do us rural area folks any good. They still don't have a date on my area for 4g and 3g is getting worse by the day.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    They announced Fiber to the home
    http://www.cspire.com/fiberhome/

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    They announced Fiber to the home
    http://www.cspire.com/fiberhome/
    It was estimated the Google spent $100 million to build Fiber to the Home in Kansas City.

So C Spire committing to a $100 million build out, Just how far will that go. I know it will depend on the size of the city or cities. Looks like Starkville is try hard already to be first.

ipad

Looks like C Spire might just start carrying the ipad tablet with on board internet

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/apple-unveils-new-ipad-air-mini-and-brings-them-t-mobile/2013-10-22

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a cspire iPhone 5 and have been getting 1x all day in Ellisville. I've called *228 a couple of times, but no help.

I am not a apple fan, But it is good to see C-Spire finally get a table with integrated internet.

niceguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well, we've had the Unlimited text/talk/data plan for quite a few years now and that was the sole reason for going with CellSouth/Cspire but now that I finally was going to upgrade my Galaxy S to a Galaxy S 3, I found out what you guys had already posted back in March about having to get a new (higher cost) plan. I've found a used Galaxy S2 on Craigslist to get me by until I can decide what to do. I just hate that you're forced into a higher (and lesser feature) cost plan if you want a 4g phone.

However, I'm also curious (if this isn't appropriate here, mods please delete this portion) about those in the North MS and Shelby County, TN areas, how does Cspire's 3g coverage compare to other large companies?

I don't mean looking at charts but from daily usage.

Looks like Cspire finally got the Moto X to bad they are pricing it higher than everyone else and they didn't get in on the motomaker to order custom versions of it. I was waiting on it but now I'm torn between the Iphone 5s and the moto x since they are the same price.

Yes, I am glad they got the Moto X. I love it. It is a smooth phone.

I was surprised they posted it would be $200 on facebook. But when I went the the store the next day it was $150 to buy. I can live with that since my monthly bill to them is less than the other cell providers.

I went with the 5s I really like the design of the iPhone very premium feel to it and I also figure in 2 years when I upgrade I can get the price of the 6s or a little more out of it unlike the android devices so I can live with ios it just works.

Double post!!

Dumb question perhaps but is jbreakfield still around or did he jump ship? I see his last posting was back in March but didn't know where he went and was trying to get some info he had offered.
    Thanks

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Got a text this morning saying we would be getting an update to the Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean 4.3. I have a had a lot of trouble lately while roaming in other areas, hoping for a radio update in this as well. I hear that CSpire has re-partnered with Verizon and we should be roaming on Verizon towers again instead of Sprint which is a very good thing, but I am still having a lot of trouble while traveling in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana

Looks like C Spire is going to bid on the new fcc frequency auction in January.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...ear/2013-12-04

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Got the 4.3 Update yesterday on my galaxy. No major bugs to report yet. Battery drain seems to be maybe a tad better than before. Some updated settings menu's, notification bar and thats about all you can see.