Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Looks like the Galaxy S IV is official now for Cspire.... C Spire/Cellular South forum

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Looks like the Galaxy S IV is official now for Cspire.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    A little about C Spint roaming on Sprint. It does not talk about Clearwire's 2300 mhz that will happen sometime.

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=12243

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Getting 4G LTE in New Orleans now or at least on my last couple of trips into town. The download speed is sketchy though. One time it works really fast the next time its slow as edge was. Not sure what is going on, I figure its coming of Sprint towers.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    Getting 4G LTE in New Orleans now or at least on my last couple of trips into town. The download speed is sketchy though. One time it works really fast the next time its slow as edge was. Not sure what is going on, I figure its coming of Sprint towers.
    I got 4g lte in Tampa and Fort myers,FL yesterday and my speeds were around 3 megs every time

With the Samsung S4 now open for pre order I would say the release is soon. Why can they not give the price when you pre order. I just can not decide if I want one yet.

The new Motorola phone that sprint is getting should come our way not long after Sprint gets it.

A little press release about the LTE expansion in Mississippi, Alabama, & Florida panhandle.
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ce-Mississippi

I do wonder if this is going to be the 700mhz band that they have?

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    With the Samsung S4 now open for pre order I would say the release is soon. Why can they not give the price when you pre order. I just can not decide if I want one yet.

The new Motorola phone that sprint is getting should come our way not long after Sprint gets it.

Its going to be $199 with a 2 year contract

Cspire is now officially getting the HTC one. Have to say at least they're getting all the flagship phones this year

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    How do you set Firefox (or any browser) on a PC to use a mobile client instead of a desktop client? I tried a few different add-ons for Firefox and Chrome and only got the C-Spire popup for a tethering pass using Explorer. Trying to get my FIL set up to go without cable/dsl internet at home since he's on a limited budget. He only checks his emails with his laptop or a bigger screen once or twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    No there shouldn't be a charge.

This is how the tethering currently works:
    1-You turn on hotspot. - Different for every phone.
    2 - You connect to hotspot with client device (Computer, iPad, Kindle, etc)
    3 - The client device sends a request for internet data.
    4 - C Spire checks the data request to see what "Browser Agent" is being used.
    5 - If the Browser Agent is anything other than a "Desktop Agent" the data request is routed as normal and you get your data.
    6 - If the Browser Agent being utilized is a "Desktop Agent" then the request is automatically routed to the "C Spire Tethering Signup page."

C Spire can always change, but for now, as long as the user/browser agent is seen as a portable device you do not have to purchase tethering data. I have been tethering my iPad, the kid's iTouch, Kindle, and Laptop to my phone since before they started charging for tethering, so far there have been no additional charges.

To tether my laptop I make the connection; then I VPN to my home network and use "RDP" to browse the Internet. or I change the User Agent on Firefox to a mobile user agent.

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I received a message today on my iphone 5 indicating a carrier update my wife received the message a few days ago. We both hit the update button. What's this carrier update thing all about for Cspire?

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    I received a message today on my iphone 5 indicating a carrier update my wife received the message a few days ago. We both hit the update button. What's this carrier update thing all about for Cspire?
    I think it's Government mandated for sending Government alerts (Amber, Weather, etc.) AT&T received one today too which gave them a toggle for "Presidential Messages" under the Emergency Alert settings. Obama wants to text you.

Well C Spire states that it will start selling the S4 on the July 8th and the same week of the announcement a news article comes out that the sales of the S4 are not what is expected. I do not think that C Spire was testing the phone, They were waiting to get a better price on the phone!

http://news.yahoo.com/samsung-galaxy...134512050.html

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Been a while since I checked in, so I hope all is well with you guys.

I've noticed some posts about Lte speeds, and while it's obviously much better than 3g, I wonder why cspire is so much lower than verizon on that? Is it the band they use?

This is what I got this morning in Waynesboro with Verizon.
    Granted this is much faster than what most sites typically report, but I've never tested below 20 down and 10 up, and lately have been getting consistent 40-50 down and 15-20 up.
    Screenshot_2013-06-23-08-46-06.jpg
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

I imagine c spire throttles the 4g like they do everything else. Sadly they are being real slow rolling it out waynesboro is till 3G only and it is still extremely slow.

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey guys! It has been awhile since I have posted here but I have a question I hope someone may know the answer too. I have the Motorola Photon Q and Ihave unlocked the bootloader so that I could root and try custom roms. However, the problem I am facing is that the few custom roms for cdma photons do not work for me. To be more specific, everything works except for the data network (3g). My phone never shows up with 1x or 3g or anything and when I open the browser or chrome I receive a message I am not connected. Any other apps I have that rely on the internet also tell me the same. So, when I go back to the stock rom everything works as supposed to but just not on the custom roms. I have posted several times on xda where the roms are but all I get is one guy saying he knows for sure it works for cspire cause a cspire friend of his tested the rom. Unfortunately I can't seem to find that guy to help. As a matter of fact, I was treated so rudely buy him and several others I completely cancelled my membership with xda. If someone here knows a solution then I greatly appreciate the help. If not, its totally understandable since most folks seem to have the iPhone or S3. I think I should have stuck with the iPhone but I just had to go back to Android. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.