Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

There is a post on C Spires facebook page that they have turned on some ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

There is a post on C Spires facebook page that they have turned on some of the LTE towers in Memphis. My point of view is that they are getting feed from Sprints towers. Maybe not though.

macon no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    Jelly bean is now officially available for the s3
    Any word on how to get it? I just check for an OTA update and there's nothing.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think there sending it out in phases but try hooking up to you computer and go through kies

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Got the OTA last night

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    well the New gs4 is supposed to have a bendable display.

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Got my GS3 updated and recovery installed and rooted again cant tell, that much difference though
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

S4 officially here look like a bigger s3 with a bit better screen and camera. Looks like they pulled an apple and stuck with the same design just upped it a little. But strangely enough cspire wasn't announced to get it like they were when the launched the s3.

macon no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey guys. Hoping y'all can help me out. I haven't purchased a tethering pass, but i was just able to use my phone as a hotspot to download some books onto my kindle. Do y'all know if they will automatically charge me for a tethering pass because of this?

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Hey guys. Hoping y'all can help me out. I haven't purchased a tethering pass, but i was just able to use my phone as a hotspot to download some books onto my kindle. Do y'all know if they will automatically charge me for a tethering pass because of this?
    What phone? As far as I know, they should prompt you on your handset to purchase a pass, but I'm not sure of the details.
    Your Kindle doesn't have "whispernet" or whatever they call it, or is that just the older generation kindles?

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    No there shouldn't be a charge.

This is how the tethering currently works:
    1-You turn on hotspot. - Different for every phone.
    2 - You connect to hotspot with client device (Computer, iPad, Kindle, etc)
    3 - The client device sends a request for internet data.
    4 - C Spire checks the data request to see what "Browser Agent" is being used.
    5 - If the Browser Agent is anything other than a "Desktop Agent" the data request is routed as normal and you get your data.
    6 - If the Browser Agent being utilized is a "Desktop Agent" then the request is automatically routed to the "C Spire Tethering Signup page."

C Spire can always change, but for now, as long as the user/browser agent is seen as a portable device you do not have to purchase tethering data. I have been tethering my iPad, the kid's iTouch, Kindle, and Laptop to my phone since before they started charging for tethering, so far there have been no additional charges.

To tether my laptop I make the connection; then I VPN to my home network and use "RDP" to browse the Internet. or I change the User Agent on Firefox to a mobile user agent.

Anybody heard any news lately? Been really quite here lately

Anybody heard any news lately? Been really quite here lately
    Yeah, been really quiet. I haven't heard any news... I asked a few CSpire reps about the Galaxy S4, but as usual, they don't know anything.

Just read on the circle that cspire is no longer allowing you to activate 4g devices on old plans unless you change your plan even if you pay full price for the device. This is a bad move for them Verizon still allows you to be on old unlimited plans if you by you phone outright. With all the secrets and shady business practices lately I have a feeling cspire won't make it much longer with have to sell out to one ofe the big boys.

Just read on the circle that cspire is no longer allowing you to activate 4g devices on old plans unless you change your plan even if you pay full price for the device. This is a bad move for them Verizon still allows you to be on old unlimited plans if you by you phone outright. With all the secrets and shady business practices lately I have a feeling cspire won't make it much longer with have to sell out to one ofe the big boys.
    These are the things that drove me away from CS; they used to set themselves apart by not doing this sort of thing, and offering better plans than bigger carriers, but not anymore. I dropped one of my lines as soon as it was off contract, and haven't looked back. I still have one line, but as soon as it makes sense $-wise, I will drop that one as well.

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    No there shouldn't be a charge.

This is how the tethering currently works:
    1-You turn on hotspot. - Different for every phone.
    2 - You connect to hotspot with client device (Computer, iPad, Kindle, etc)
    3 - The client device sends a request for internet data.
    4 - C Spire checks the data request to see what "Browser Agent" is being used.
    5 - If the Browser Agent is anything other than a "Desktop Agent" the data request is routed as normal and you get your data.
    6 - If the Browser Agent being utilized is a "Desktop Agent" then the request is automatically routed to the "C Spire Tethering Signup page."

C Spire can always change, but for now, as long as the user/browser agent is seen as a portable device you do not have to purchase tethering data. I have been tethering my iPad, the kid's iTouch, Kindle, and Laptop to my phone since before they started charging for tethering, so far there have been no additional charges.

To tether my laptop I make the connection; then I VPN to my home network and use "RDP" to browse the Internet. or I change the User Agent on Firefox to a mobile user agent.
    So I should be able to tether an iPad without being detected as a "Desktop Agent"? That's interesting. Thanks for the info. A coworker was able to tether his iPad and was asking me why it didn't charge him.