Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 530
Like Tree20Likes

Got the call about CS iPhone 5 getting LTE. Apple's website now reflect the update ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #436
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433

    Advertisement



    Got the call about CS iPhone 5 getting LTE. Apple's website now reflect the update as well. Waiting on a call from Cspire to find out how to obtain our sim cards. Apple pushed an update worldwide to add many new carriers to their LTE list.

  2. #437
    deltascrew's Avatar
    deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by steve71 View Post
    "This update will correct the issue of being able to send picture messages while connected to a Wi-Fi network."

    https://www.facebook.com/cspire/posts/540980202587297

    Thanks ! :-)

  3. #438
    frenchfry's Avatar
    frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    97
    It is good to see CSpire's IPhone 5 has LTE now. I updated our two business IPhones this morning. Man that is a small sim chip they give you.

  4. #439
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    It is good to see CSpire's IPhone 5 has LTE now. I updated our two business IPhones this morning. Man that is a small sim chip they give you.
    Is there a noticeable difference in speed? Will they let you install it yourself if you pick up your order in the store? I won't have my wife's phone with me.

  5. #440
    frenchfry's Avatar
    frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    97
    Yes on speed. The test this morning was 6meg down with 1/2 second ping time.

    They let me take the two sims with out the phones. It was said it can be mailed for 99 cents from the web site.

    I think the best way is to go online order it and do in store pickup. The circle said that some people are getting turned away at the store if you just walk in and ask for it.

  6. #441
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    Yes on speed. The test this morning was 6meg down with 1/2 second ping time.

    They let me take the two sims with out the phones. It was said it can be mailed for 99 cents from the web site.

    I think the best way is to go online order it and do in store pickup. The circle said that some people are getting turned away at the store if you just walk in and ask for it.
    Thanks. I ordered my sims last night and will pick them up this evening. I'm in the Hattiesburg area, so hopefully it will be a no hassle process.

  7. #442
    niceguy's Avatar
    niceguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    37
    A bit OT but I'm still mostly satisfied with my cs samsung galaxy s...only thing that bugs me is the frequently fluctating and poor 3g speed. And im just outside of memphis! I'll wait for a cheap 4g galaxy phone i guess toward the end of the year. Maybe rooting will help speed things up a bit...

  8. #443
    WAMAM's Avatar
    WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    45
    I finally got Me a GS 3 today, any of You rooted and running a custom rom
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

  9. #444
    niceguy's Avatar
    niceguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    37
    How does it feel in your hand? Is it fairly easy to use one hand to operate? Do you need long tentacle fingers to be able to reach the edges of the screen for swiping,etc?

    Thanks

  10. #445
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    How does it feel in your hand? Is it fairly easy to use one hand to operate? Do you need long tentacle fingers to be able to reach the edges of the screen for swiping,etc?

    Thanks
    Depends on how big/small your hands are. One-handed operation is definitely doable, but if you have small hands it could be challenging.

  11. #446
    deltascrew's Avatar
    deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    How does it feel in your hand? Is it fairly easy to use one hand to operate? Do you need long tentacle fingers to be able to reach the edges of the screen for swiping,etc?

    Thanks
    It does take some getting used to but definitely worth it. I recommend going to a store and holding one in your hand to see for yourself. They are all tethered in the store but you can still get a feel for using it.

  12. #447
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    I have average sized hands and have an extended battery and case on mine and am still able to use it with one hand okay.

    But yeah, as delta said, best to go fondle one for yourself and see how it works.

  13. #448
    niceguy's Avatar
    niceguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    37
    I've never had the urge to have the latest model so much but when it comes to features that I use/need for daily use, I need them to work well and whether it's the carrier or the phone, my 3G has been the pits lately. Around 250-500k download, all time best being around 1.5mb last year so if I can confirm that the SG3 will have consistently better internet performance, I'm getting it...

  14. #449
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433
    Is 10Mbps dowload speed all we should expect out of C Spire? Someone posted a speedtest from AT&T in the same area around 31Mbps. I'm happy with what I have, just wondering if it's all that's out there. I don't plan on changing carriers for a couple of years anyway.

  15. #450
    deltascrew's Avatar
    deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    Is 10Mbps dowload speed all we should expect out of C Spire? Someone posted a speedtest from AT&T in the same area around 31Mbps. I'm happy with what I have, just wondering if it's all that's out there. I don't plan on changing carriers for a couple of years anyway.
    The highest speed I've gotten on speedtests was around 13 mbps

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •