Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Got the call about CS iPhone 5 getting LTE. Apple's website now reflect the update ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Got the call about CS iPhone 5 getting LTE. Apple's website now reflect the update as well. Waiting on a call from Cspire to find out how to obtain our sim cards. Apple pushed an update worldwide to add many new carriers to their LTE list.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by steve71 View Post
    "This update will correct the issue of being able to send picture messages while connected to a Wi-Fi network."

https://www.facebook.com/cspire/posts/540980202587297

Thanks ! :-)

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    It is good to see CSpire's IPhone 5 has LTE now. I updated our two business IPhones this morning. Man that is a small sim chip they give you.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    It is good to see CSpire's IPhone 5 has LTE now. I updated our two business IPhones this morning. Man that is a small sim chip they give you.
    Is there a noticeable difference in speed? Will they let you install it yourself if you pick up your order in the store? I won't have my wife's phone with me.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes on speed. The test this morning was 6meg down with 1/2 second ping time.

They let me take the two sims with out the phones. It was said it can be mailed for 99 cents from the web site.

I think the best way is to go online order it and do in store pickup. The circle said that some people are getting turned away at the store if you just walk in and ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    Yes on speed. The test this morning was 6meg down with 1/2 second ping time.

They let me take the two sims with out the phones. It was said it can be mailed for 99 cents from the web site.

I think the best way is to go online order it and do in store pickup. The circle said that some people are getting turned away at the store if you just walk in and ask for it.
    Thanks. I ordered my sims last night and will pick them up this evening. I'm in the Hattiesburg area, so hopefully it will be a no hassle process.

niceguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    A bit OT but I'm still mostly satisfied with my cs samsung galaxy s...only thing that bugs me is the frequently fluctating and poor 3g speed. And im just outside of memphis! I'll wait for a cheap 4g galaxy phone i guess toward the end of the year. Maybe rooting will help speed things up a bit...

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    I finally got Me a GS 3 today, any of You rooted and running a custom rom
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

How does it feel in your hand? Is it fairly easy to use one hand to operate? Do you need long tentacle fingers to be able to reach the edges of the screen for swiping,etc?

Thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    How does it feel in your hand? Is it fairly easy to use one hand to operate? Do you need long tentacle fingers to be able to reach the edges of the screen for swiping,etc?

Thanks
    Depends on how big/small your hands are. One-handed operation is definitely doable, but if you have small hands it could be challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post

Thanks
    It does take some getting used to but definitely worth it. I recommend going to a store and holding one in your hand to see for yourself. They are all tethered in the store but you can still get a feel for using it.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I have average sized hands and have an extended battery and case on mine and am still able to use it with one hand okay.

But yeah, as delta said, best to go fondle one for yourself and see how it works.

I've never had the urge to have the latest model so much but when it comes to features that I use/need for daily use, I need them to work well and whether it's the carrier or the phone, my 3G has been the pits lately. Around 250-500k download, all time best being around 1.5mb last year so if I can confirm that the SG3 will have consistently better internet performance, I'm getting it...

Is 10Mbps dowload speed all we should expect out of C Spire? Someone posted a speedtest from AT&T in the same area around 31Mbps. I'm happy with what I have, just wondering if it's all that's out there. I don't plan on changing carriers for a couple of years anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    Is 10Mbps dowload speed all we should expect out of C Spire? Someone posted a speedtest from AT&T in the same area around 31Mbps. I'm happy with what I have, just wondering if it's all that's out there. I don't plan on changing carriers for a couple of years anyway.
    The highest speed I've gotten on speedtests was around 13 mbps