Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 530
Like Tree20Likes

Originally Posted by getsugatensho That's pretty sweet, I've been trying to decide wether or not ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,737

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    That's pretty sweet, I've been trying to decide wether or not I want to join all that new crap. I'm glad they let us keep our old unlimited plans.

    I'm just happy that I now have a device that can actually keep up with what I want to do on the web or other things I do on it lol.

    Its good to be back Roger, I've missed it all.
    GETS!!!! Where have you BEEN??!? W've missed you old friend!!!!

  2. #32
    clmartin22's Avatar
    clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    75
    LTE!!!! We are still waiting for 3G in a lot of areas of the state. I know here in Fulton they have been promising it for 2 years. When I switched from ATT I was told it would be on in a couple of months. Now 15 months into my contract and still no 3G. I really think the iPhone is what has them in a bind but the Lightsquared fall out is probably hurting as well. They probably dumped way to much in the iPhone and know it is showing up in other areas.

  3. #33
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post

    On another note, I won a HTC 7 Pro Windows Phone on CSpire's "circle"... finally got it yesterday, so I'm going to try it out for a while because I've never used a windows phone. It's not the latest and greatest or anything, but looks like a nice phone. Anyone have one?
    Thats the last phone I had with CS before I switched to Verizon. I was very pleased with it. So pleased in fact that I almost went with another WP7 there instead of the iPhone. I didnt, but I did consider it. Very impressive platform microsoft has now IMO.

    My sister is using it now and loves it.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  4. #34
    mclovin07's Avatar
    mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    146
    So any one getting the new ipad? Also, does anyone see anything from it being put into the 5th gen iphone? I think maybe the procsessor since that have shared the same one since the original ipads release. That and I don't think apple has bought into the whole quad core processor thing yet.

  5. #35
    deltascrew's Avatar
    deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    184
    Cspire announced 4g in September!!! About time................
    http://www.cspire.com/company_info/a..._201203_4G_LTE

  6. #36
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    Cspire announced 4g in September!!! About time................
    http://www.cspire.com/company_info/a..._201203_4G_LTE
    I saw that! It is about time, and let's hope this one is for real, rather than like last year's "by the end of 4th quarter" rollout...
    I hope they get something along the lines of the Galaxy Nexus, I'd love to have a pure Google Android. Although by September, there will be most likely be some nicer LTE phones on the market, eh?

  7. #37
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Thats the last phone I had with CS before I switched to Verizon. I was very pleased with it. So pleased in fact that I almost went with another WP7 there instead of the iPhone. I didnt, but I did consider it. Very impressive platform microsoft has now IMO.

    My sister is using it now and loves it.
    I like it fairly well, but I'm missing my Galaxy/Android... lack of customization is my only complaint so far. They have done some impressive stuff with the Windows Phone platform, though.

    I'll most likely switch back to my Galaxy, so if anyone is interested in a almost brand new HTC 7 Pro, let me know.

  8. #38
    deltascrew's Avatar
    deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    by September, there will be most likely be some nicer LTE phones on the market, eh?
    I'm hoping for Galaxy S III. We may have a chance at getting it since Samsung is supposed to be launch partner.

  9. #39
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    I'm hoping for Galaxy S III. We may have a chance at getting it since Samsung is supposed to be launch partner.
    Yup, since it's rumored to be out the first half of the year, that would be a good one for them to offer. Rumored specs are crazy for that phone.

  10. #40
    frenchfry's Avatar
    frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    97

    Sprint to the rescue!

    I would say that C-Spires new release is tied to this news on the phonescoop web site.

    Sprint has signed wholesale LTE capacity agreements with at least 10 companies, said Matt Carter, president of Sprint Wholesale Solutions and New Ventures in an interview. Carter said that its wholesale customers will provide Sprint LTE services under their own brand, but declined to name any of the companies. Sprint last year said it wanted to increase the number of its wholesale customers, which now number more than 100. The new wholesale customers may be seeking alternative service providers now that LightSquared's planned LTE 4G network has been blocked by the FCC. LightSquared had signed up dozens of wholesalers before its plans collapsed.

  11. #41
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    I would say that C-Spires new release is tied to this news on the phonescoop web site.

    Sprint has signed wholesale LTE capacity agreements with at least 10 companies, said Matt Carter, president of Sprint Wholesale Solutions and New Ventures in an interview. Carter said that its wholesale customers will provide Sprint LTE services under their own brand, but declined to name any of the companies. Sprint last year said it wanted to increase the number of its wholesale customers, which now number more than 100. The new wholesale customers may be seeking alternative service providers now that LightSquared's planned LTE 4G network has been blocked by the FCC. LightSquared had signed up dozens of wholesalers before its plans collapsed.
    I would guess that you are correct... with LightSquared pretty much out of the picture, and Verizon not wanting to play, CS and several others will have been seeking a partner for LTE roaming.
    mclovin07 likes this.

  12. #42
    cyberwaste's Avatar
    cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    283
    I wonder how long it will take them to bring 4g to the majority of there market. If you read on there website only certain cites are getting it at first like they did with 3g and they will expand from there. But for someone like me that doesnt live in one of the area to get it first it will not matter to me to have a 4g phone since I won't have access to the service.

    Let's hope they are faster at releasing it than there 3g there are still places in cspire network that don't have 3g and also hope it is more reliable than there 3g that is hit and miss at this point.

  13. #43
    frenchfry's Avatar
    frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    I wonder how long it will take them to bring 4g to the majority of there market. If you read on there website only certain cites are getting it at first like they did with 3g and they will expand from there. But for someone like me that doesnt live in one of the area to get it first it will not matter to me to have a 4g phone since I won't have access to the service.

    Let's hope they are faster at releasing it than there 3g there are still places in cspire network that don't have 3g and also hope it is more reliable than there 3g that is hit and miss at this point.
    I think under the rules of the 700mhz band that the LTE is being deployed they have until June to have it in place for 35% or 40% of each market. I still wonder how they are going to fill all of Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee in that time frame.

    From the FCC web site.
    Build-Out Requirements

    The FCC adopted geographic area build-out requirements (35 percent of the area within four years and 70 percent within 10 years) for the Lower 700 MHz blocks and population based build-out requirements (40 percent within four years and 75 percent within 10 years) for the Upper 700 MHz blocks. If the build-out requirements are not met, the areas not built out will be forfeited. Very strict build-out requirements (99.3 percent of the population to be covered within 10 years) were adopted for Upper 700 MHz Block D, which is the block that will be shared with public safety.

  14. #44
    cyberwaste's Avatar
    cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    283
    Anybody see where the iphone's are on sale? $149 for the 16gb 4s, I checked verizon and sprint theres are still $199. I thought no one could drop prices without apple's say so or they break part of the contract with apple. Just caught my eye when I paid my bill the other day.

  15. #45
    mclovin07's Avatar
    mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    146
    That'd interesting. Maybe cs decided to pay the difference out of their own pocket but who knows

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •