Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Has anyone heard any of the details on the shared data plans that C Spire ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Has anyone heard any of the details on the shared data plans that C Spire is saying they have "Coming Soon"?

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    Has anyone heard any of the details on the shared data plans that C Spire is saying they have "Coming Soon"?
    I've been trying to find out something on this as well, but can't get any info. I'm interested because unless it's a lot cheaper than current offerings, I'm going to take one of my lines at least off of CSpire.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    Wow, those prices aren't really any cheaper than Verizon for the same thing.

teoff no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can we still have the old plans (well, they are new as of September), or will they force us to have the Shared Data plans even with only one device on the account like Verizon and AT&T do when we upgrade after Dec. 3rd?

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Might has well just signed with Verizon for the same amount and better coverage, plus 4G for the iphone

Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    Might has well just signed with Verizon for the same amount and better coverage, plus 4G for the iphone
    I was thinking the same thing, and may end up doing it at some point. My contract is up, so I'm about to try out a Nexus 4 on StraightTalk and see how that works for me. I'll still have 1 line with CSpire for another year, unless I pay the ETF for that one.

I can get a discount on Verizon thru work, though, so if I go back to a contract, it will most likely be Verizon.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, and may end up doing it at some point. My contract is up, so I'm about to try out a Nexus 4 on StraightTalk and see how that works for me.

Where are you located, Jamie?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Where are you located, Jamie?
    Hey Roger,

I'm along the Gulf Coast of Mississippi & Alabama. AT&T has much better coverage here than T-Mo, for the moment... otherwise I would try out Solavei. But when looking at Tmo maps of the area where I work, it only has 2G coverage.
    RogerG likes this.

Yeah, I think I asked you that already, sorry. TMO changes daily, though, so keep an eye out. It's best to call them, too because things are changing so fast, those online coverage maps are way behind.

Yeah, I think I asked you that already, sorry. TMO changes daily, though, so keep an eye out. It's best to call them, too because things are changing so fast, those online coverage maps are way behind.
    Yup, I'm keeping my eye on Tmo; I was on them before CSpire, and one reason I changed was coverage. When they get things better covered around here, and assuming they still have the good rate plans either thru Tmo proper or the MVNO's, I'll most likely switch back for the HSPA+42 speeds

Don't forget they purchased MetroPCS and a bunch of spectrum from Verizon (enough to cover an additional 60,000,000 people), so 2013 is going to be a big year for them if they do this right.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Don't forget they purchased MetroPCS and a bunch of spectrum from Verizon (enough to cover an additional 60,000,000 people), so 2013 is going to be a big year for them if they do this right.
    At least someone in the mobile communications business is trying to to do things right. The ONLY THING C Spire is done right since they changed their name (Bad move in my opinion), is bring the iPhone 4S to their lineup. Everything else has been a bunch of smoke and mirrors to charge more for the same service and dress it up as "Personalized Wireless". Absolutely nothing but a bunch of marketing BS.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    At least someone in the mobile communications business is trying to to do things right. The ONLY THING C Spire is done right since they changed their name (Bad move in my opinion), is bring the iPhone 4S to their lineup. Everything else has been a bunch of smoke and mirrors to charge more for the same service and dress it up as "Personalized Wireless". Absolutely nothing but a bunch of marketing BS.
    I think they are trying to make us pay for there expansion that cover the rest of Alabama and Tennessee. They might have bit off more than they can chew on those plans. I wonder if they are going to do it or sell off the spectrum for that area. I think if they start loosing too many customers from these rate hikes they might just sell out. I would not doubt that US. Cellular has made them a good offer to them.

macon no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Wow, those prices aren't really any cheaper than Verizon for the same thing.
    Hi everyone. My contract with cspire runs out in mid-december, so i'm trying to figure out if i should stay or go. I'm sure that i'm in the same boat as a lot of people... We've been on the smartphone unlimited plan, but now that we'll have to change, my options are $120 for the Family Choice Data (plus extra for video streaming) or going with the new Shared Data+ that is exactly the same price as Verizon or AT&T for 4G limited to Cspire's network. We would probably be fine on the Family Choice Data plan since we don't really stream a lot of video, but all of the changes with cellular south (none for the better in my opinion) have left a bad taste in my mouth. If I'm going to be locked into a 2-year contract I'd at least like to be able to have the latest and greatest device when i sign the dotted line. I'd like the Note 2, but i haven't heard anything from Cspire on upcoming 4g devices... does anyone have any inside info on this?

So, in your opinion, should i stick it out with Cspire and wait to see if they get the Note 2, then sign up for the $120 Family Choice Data plan? Or should i go ahead and jump ship to Verizon, get the phone i want, and pay a $30/month premium for nationwide 4g? Or go to a month-to-month plan with Straight Talk? There are so many options these days, and it's hard to weigh all of the pros and cons by myself. Thanks for your help.