Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Originally Posted by fd59 Been quiet lately, anyone heard anything different from CS about iPhone5 ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    Been quiet lately, anyone heard anything different from CS about iPhone5 LTE support? How are you GSIII users liking your phones, now that you have spent a bit of time with them.
    I haven't heard anything different about iPhone5 LTE support... CS is tight lipped about this, and doesn't seem to want to discuss it at all. No telling when it will receive support.

I have a question for you guys who are still 3G only... what sort of download/upload speeds is everyone getting with 3G? Mine seem pretty pitiful.

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Loving my iP 5 except for the lack of 4G support. This is my first iPhone coming from Android and its a quality product. If anybody gets a different answer from C Spire about 4G on the iP 5, will you please post it on here. Tired of hearing "we don't have that info" anytime I ask. Is 4G just a pipe dream on C Spire iP 5?

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    There seems to be a problem with the Sprint's IPhone 5 on LTE. In Sprint's forum there are a lot of discussion about data connection problems. I would say this is why CSpire has not turned on LTE on the IPhone 5. I would also say that Apples would have to fix it w/ software update.
    http://community.sprint.com/baw/comm...ew=discussions

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    So was my iPhone 5 suppose to come with a SIM card since 4g let uses that technology?

Over in the Sprint forum's it is being said that Sprint is getting the update for the IPhone 5 to improve data on LTE next week. Lets hope that the update comes to CSpire soon for the them to turn on LTE for the IPhone 5.

daa411 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    So was my iPhone 5 suppose to come with a SIM card since 4g let uses that technology?
    CDMA networks do not use SIM cards and LTE does not require SIM cards either (although I think they can be used). So, I doubt you'll see C Spire implement SIM card usage for LTE. Our SIII's certainly don't.

steve71 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    I haven't heard anything different about iPhone5 LTE support... CS is tight lipped about this, and doesn't seem to want to discuss it at all. No telling when it will receive support.

I have a question for you guys who are still 3G only... what sort of download/upload speeds is everyone getting with 3G? Mine seem pretty pitiful.
    My 3g speeds are horrible too, plus I upgraded to the G3 and now I have the signal/data connection issues. I would love to know what the "update" or settings change for these phones was exactly.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by daa411 View Post
    CDMA networks do not use SIM cards and LTE does not require SIM cards either (although I think they can be used). So, I doubt you'll see C Spire implement SIM card usage for LTE. Our SIII's certainly don't.
    Actually the SIM card on our s3's are imbedded I asked about that since everybody else's has a SIM card slot below the battery and they choose to imbed the SIM card for some reason (I'm sure so it can't be swapped out and used elsewhere).

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The BOTTOM LINE on the C Spire iPhone5 utilizing LTE is that C Spire MUST implement a new deployment of LTE that the iPhone5 supports. This implementation/upgrade must occur on C Spire's network NOT on the iPhone5. The GSIII's LTE is not the same as iPhone5's LTE. I am just wandering when C Spire will upgrade their network.

The BOTTOM LINE on the C Spire iPhone5 utilizing LTE is that C Spire MUST implement a new deployment of LTE that the iPhone5 supports. This implementation/upgrade must occur on C Spire's network NOT on the iPhone5. The GSIII's LTE is not the same as iPhone5's LTE. I am just wandering when C Spire will upgrade their network.
    That is not true. The IPhone 5 will work on 1900mhz that CSpire has set up now. They went with that to match Sprint's setup. The Sprint forum have a lot of complaining about LTE not working right, that will be fixed from Apples software upgrade.

The deployment of the aws(1700mhz/2100mhz) will be deployed as demand goes up by area.

Sprint forum:

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by daa411 View Post
    CDMA does not use a sim card, but LTE (from every other carrier, not sure why CSPIRE would be different) does.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

teoff no está en línea Stack level 1
    wow is C Spire going to release any other phones? completely bored by their selection right now. I want something like the Note 2 or the Droid DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    That is not true. The IPhone 5 will work on 1900mhz that CSpire has set up now. They went with that to match Sprint's setup. The Sprint forum have a lot of complaining about LTE not working right, that will be fixed from Apples software upgrade.

The deployment of the aws(1700mhz/2100mhz) will be deployed as demand goes up by area.

Sprint forum:
    Quoting this article: http://www.wirelessweek.com/News/201...t-of-LTE-gear/

"C Spire has not said when it plans to incorporate its 700 MHz spectrum into its LTE network. However, it has said that running the service on spectrum repurposed from its 3G service is not a long-term solution, since it will have more difficulty scaling to handle increased data use than a network running on its lower A and B block holdings. "

Also, as far as AWS(1700mhz/2100mhz) is concerned, the AWS (Advanced Wireless Service) band is comprised of the lower half of DCS uplink (1.8GHz) for uplink and the lower half of IMT downlink (2.1GHz) for downlink. That's why it is often referred to as "1700/2100" (1700/2100 MHz or 1.7/2.1 GHz), because it requires both to work. For it to work on iPhone5, the device needs to support WCDMA Band 4, known as 1700/2100 or AWS. Neither iPhone supports band 4 for WCDMA, though GSM Model A1428 supports it for LTE, the CDMA Model A1429 has no support for AWS. Which can be verified through Apple
    here: http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html
    and here: http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

The bottom line still is - C Spire will have to makes changes to their network to get iPhone 5 supported.

Quoting this article: http://www.wirelessweek.com/News/201...t-of-LTE-gear/

"C Spire has not said when it plans to incorporate its 700 MHz spectrum into its LTE network. However, it has said that running the service on spectrum repurposed from its 3G service is not a long-term solution, since it will have more difficulty scaling to handle increased data use than a network running on its lower A and B block holdings. "

Also, as far as AWS(1700mhz/2100mhz) is concerned, the AWS (Advanced Wireless Service) band is comprised of the lower half of DCS uplink (1.8GHz) for uplink and the lower half of IMT downlink (2.1GHz) for downlink. That's why it is often referred to as "1700/2100" (1700/2100 MHz or 1.7/2.1 GHz), because it requires both to work. For it to work on iPhone5, the device needs to support WCDMA Band 4, known as 1700/2100 or AWS. Neither iPhone supports band 4 for WCDMA, though GSM Model A1428 supports it for LTE, the CDMA Model A1429 has no support for AWS. Which can be verified through Apple
    here: http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html
    and here: http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

The bottom line still is - C Spire will have to makes changes to their network to get iPhone 5 supported.
    I am not here to step on toes or have a pissing contest, but CSpires LTE towers are ready now for the IPhone 5 w/ LTE on 1900mhz. There just seems to be a glitch that needs to worked out. CSpire went with Alcatel-Lucent equipment to make it all match Sprints tower setup of having LTE on 1900mhz(yes as a first step). Sprint is having big problems with the IPhone 5 and after Alcatel-Lucent and Apple workout the glitch out, CSpire will test then implement it. CSpire was smart not to turn on LTE on the IPhone 5 until it is all worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    I am not here to step on toes or have a pissing contest, but CSpires LTE towers are ready now for the IPhone 5 w/ LTE on 1900mhz. There just seems to be a glitch that needs to worked out. CSpire went with Alcatel-Lucent equipment to make it all match Sprints tower setup of having LTE on 1900mhz(yes as a first step). Sprint is having big problems with the IPhone 5 and after Alcatel-Lucent and Apple workout the glitch out, CSpire will test then implement it. CSpire was smart not to turn on LTE on the IPhone 5 until it is all worked out.
    You have not stepped on my toes. I am just saying they have issues with their network, not the iPhone5. I have heard enough complaints from people using the GSIII on the 1900LTE that I would stay away from the GSIII also. I have been a Cellular South and C Spire customer since 1995. One thing is for sure, I will believe it when I see it. I NEVER make plans or purchases based on what they say they are going to do. Being in IT for more than 20 years, I have learned there is wisdom and very little frustration in the practice of waiting, instead of early adopting. I just wish that C Spire could learn the practice of "Under Promise-and-Over Deliver", and also I wish they would take the time to educate their Customer Service Reps and Technical Reps as to exactly what and how they plan on rolling out and supporting their technology.