Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Originally Posted by RogerG Where do you live? I live on the Eastern shore of ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Where do you live?
    I live on the Eastern shore of Mobile Bay in AL, but I travel all along the Gulf Coast over into Mississippi. I had T-Mobile in the past, and there were a LOT of blank spots along Interstate 10, which is surprising since it's a major interstate.

I'm not sure about their 4G coverage around here.

daa411 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Those are some nice speeds. How much data do you use per month? Have you ever received the throttling message?
    No problems with that so far, however my first day of actually using LTE out in about...my battery life is outrageously bad. The LTE radio is destroying my battery.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_One_S Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Where do you live?
    I live on the Eastern shore of Mobile Bay in AL, but I travel all along the Gulf Coast over into Mississippi. I had T-Mobile in the past, and there were a LOT of blank spots along Interstate 10, which is surprising since it's a major interstate.

I'm not sure about their 4G coverage around here.
    TMO merged with MetroPCS and bought a bunch of spectrum from VZW, which will enable them to cover over 60 million additional people, so its just a matter of time.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    With C Spire just re-farming the 1900mhz band to have LTE it looks like they are waiting on LTE advanced and Voice over LTE to come out for the real expansion on the 700mhz and 1700/2100mhz bands. I was hoping they would come out in full force with LTE, but it looks like they are going to take the slow route.

At least it is looking good that we should have roaming on Sprint's and T-Moble's LTE network in the near future.

I've been meaning to post an update (per se) on my battery issues with LTE. Whatever the issue was the day I turned LTE on and began using it was not the LTE radio afterall. Something was causing my phone not to sleep and keeping MY CPU cranked up - it was just a strange coincidence. Not sure what it was but a reboot fixed the problem. Battery life with LTE is not that much different at all.

Sprint announced that it will now offer a LTE integrated tablet. I do wonder since C Spire has the same LTE setup it they will follow suit.

Lets hope so!

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...ng-november-11

One thing I just got hit with that I think is cute is a prompt saying I'm tethering and asking me to pay for it because I am requesting the "desktop" version of websites using Chrome. Clearly it is seeing the user agent as being (desktop) Chrome and is thinking I am tethering...typical...

MississippiMan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Let us know if signal improves after the update... I'm interested to find out.
    Registered just to give you guys an update on this. I'd been watching this thread for info so I wouldn't have to go to a store.

I was having trouble with signal all around. I live less than 1/4 mile from a tower. I'd go from 2 bars of some signal (one of the EVDOs..) to 5 bars that wasn't labled.(no 3g no 1x.. nothing) Looking in seting/status it showed this signal type as unknown:0

I finally got fed up with my spotty internet service and missed phone calls and took my phone in today. The Cspire employee unlocked the carrier hidden menu, then went in and highlighted one thing then restarted my phone. Thats all he did.

Upon driving back to where I work the previously unknown signal is now eHRPD:13 .

My best guess is someone forgot to tell samsung that our network is screwed up and we have to have a little of everything. lol So they apparently left that type of tower turned off when they built the rom for cspire.

Thats my semi informed guess based off what I saw today anyway

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey just a heads up if any body has an IPhone 5 and want to trade for a galaxy s3 pm me. Love the galaxy but miss the syncing of all my apple products.

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does anyone else have the iP 5 and know anything about 4G being enabled on it? It's been almost a month since I received mine and no updates.

This article is stating that LTE roaming trials are not moving too fast. At least they are working on it. I hope C Spire opens up LTE roaming on sprint soon.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/News/201...ials-underway/

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Been quiet lately, anyone heard anything different from CS about iPhone5 LTE support? How are you GSIII users liking your phones, now that you have spent a bit of time with them.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    Been quiet lately, anyone heard anything different from CS about iPhone5 LTE support? How are you GSIII users liking your phones, now that you have spent a bit of time with them.
    Loving mine! hated the home button at first but have grown to like it now.
    A showcase feels like a toy now that I'm accustomed to the larger screen.
    I'm using nova launcher on it because I hated the way the stock one left the empty space above the dock, and having an extra row of icons is nice too:-)

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    The galaxy s3 was cool but I guess I'm just an apple fanboy at heart I on a iPhone 5 now and love the new form factor lighter and the little extra screen is better too.

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    Absolutely love mine as well. Much better battery life than the Galaxy. Running Nova Launcher as well. The new Kies program works well enough in syncing my audio and video. Really very happy with the GS3