Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

FYI.... I just got throttled last night. It looks like they warned me at about ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

FYI.... I just got throttled last night. It looks like they warned me at about 3GB and throttled me at about 3.5GB.

But they did send me a text message that they did throttle me. Out of spite I am going to constantly stream a SiriusXM talk show as much as possible until 10/21 when my billing cycle starts over.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    FYI.... I just got throttled last night. It looks like they warned me at about 3GB and throttled me at about 3.5GB.
    That's in line with their "we send you a warning when you're within 500MB of the limit" statement. What seems strange is, it doesn't sound like there is a set limit. I've heard others say they got the message at around 2GB. I wonder if they base it on an average from the last couple of months? Either way, I call BS, and will be considering other providers.

If T-Mobile had decent coverage in my area, I think I would try Solavei. I can get a discount with Verizon, but I'm not sure if I want to be in a contract at all. Guess I'll weigh my options over the next couple of months.

But they did send me a text message that they did throttle me. Out of spite I am going to constantly stream a SiriusXM talk show as much as possible until 10/21 when my billing cycle starts over.
    hey fd59,
    Can you run a Speedtest, and tell us what you've been throttled down to?

You get throttled to about 1x speeds .18Mbps down and .09Mbps up.

This is still quick enough to stream audio, but there is no way you could stream video. This makes $30 unlimited video streaming on the "Infinite Data" plans a bunch of BS. And makes C Spire look more like a thief, than cellular communication company.

You get throttled to about 1x speeds .18Mbps down and .09Mbps up.
    This is still quick enough to stream audio, but there is no way you could stream video. This makes $30 unlimited video streaming on the "Infinite Data" plans a bunch of BS. And makes C Spire look more like a thief, than cellular communication company.
    My phone won't stream audio when it's showing 1x, but that may be due to signal strength in many cases.

I was thinking the same thing about the $30 unlimited video streaming... you pay the extra money, then get throttled anyway? That's insane...

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    ....What seems strange is, it doesn't sound like there is a set limit. I've heard others say they got the message at around 2GB. I wonder if they base it on an average from the last couple of months?....\

That is another reason I am going to try to get my data usage up as much as possible, just in case they are using a percentage of average usage calculation. Which is what they do for the data roaming calculation (50% of data usage must be through C Spire's network).

That is another reason I am going to try to get my data usage up as much as possible, just in case they are using a percentage of average usage calculation. Which is what they do for the data roaming calculation (50% of data usage must be through C Spire's network).
    Here's a funny story... I got in "trouble" with CSpire about a year and a half ago for having over 50% data roaming... Thing is, I had hardly left the home area. After a month of run-around, they figured out that a Verizon tower near my home was overpowering their signal. I haven't had any issue since, but at the time they were talking about having to terminate me because of the data roaming.

daa411 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think my phone just caught on fire...

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by daa411 View Post

Those are some nice speeds. How much data do you use per month? Have you ever received the throttling message?

Quote Originally Posted by daa411 View Post
    That just means you will get to the throttle limit faster.

Just let us know at what data usage level you are when they throttle you.

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Here's a funny story... I got in "trouble" with CSpire about a year and a half ago for having over 50% data roaming... Thing is, I had hardly left the home area. After a month of run-around, they figured out that a Verizon tower near my home was overpowering their signal. I haven't had any issue since, but at the time they were talking about having to terminate me because of the data roaming.
    One of the guys I work with had that him to him last year. He had only been on CSpire about 6 months and they contacted him about roaming all the time. They paid him to leave. He had a Verizon tower right at his house and he stayed on it all the time at home. He bought his Galaxy S when they were doing the 2 for 1 deal and get his money back for both, lol. He switched to Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    One of the guys I work with had that him to him last year. He had only been on CSpire about 6 months and they contacted him about roaming all the time. They paid him to leave. He had a Verizon tower right at his house and he stayed on it all the time at home. He bought his Galaxy S when they were doing the 2 for 1 deal and get his money back for both, lol. He switched to Verizon.
    Well, I raised a pretty big stink with CSpire about it, because I was incredulous they would force me to leave because of something that I had no control over. I wound up getting a call back from a "Customer Contact Center Representative" in Ridgeland... I'm not sure what they did, or if they did anything, but they stopped harassing me about having to leave.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    If T-Mobile had decent coverage in my area, I think I would try Solavei.
    Where do you live?