Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Turn LTE off and it will probably fix that Edit: Or are you speaking in ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

daa411 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Turn LTE off and it will probably fix that

Edit:
    Or are you speaking in general, not about the SIII?

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey guys I have a question that is off topic from the 4G and new phones that y'all have been discussion so please forgive the topic switch. What I am wondering is, does anybody know anything about rooting the Milestone Plus or heard of anyone doing this? Yes I know this is an old phone. I would give anything to update but it is way too expensive at this point. The only reason I have this phone is cause I damaged the iphone I had and someone was kind enough to give me their old phone. I know the easy answer is to search the forums. Honestly guys I have tried this til I am seeing double and I still have not found anything other than a few people asking how to root it with no replies. Apparantly this was not a popular phone so I don't know if it can even be rooted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just a simple point in the right direction cause I at least want to get updated to 2.3 for some apps I want. Thanks guys!

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Turn LTE off and it will probably fix that

Edit:
    Or are you speaking in general, not about the SIII?
    In general. I have an unrooted htc desire

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Went out of state with my SIII yesterday. No problems will roaming in Louisiana. Stayed on 3G while there the whole time, but when I landed in Tupelo yesterday afternoon 4G popped right back up. Was hoping for a little better battery performance, but its still better than my Galaxy was.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    I see in Sprint's news release today they will have 4G LTE in Greenwood, MS. I wonder if that feed is coming from C-Spire's 4G network.

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does the Iphone 4
    or GSIII from CSpire support adobe flash
    My contract went out in June, trying to decide which way to go.
    Some are also saying, the GSIII is having signal issues as well
    any info
    thanks
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    iPhone has never supported flash.
    With the .apk the S3 can support flash.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMAM View Post
    Does the Iphone 4
    or GSIII from CSpire support adobe flash
    My contract went out in June, trying to decide which way to go.
    any info
    thanks
    I do not know how the C Spire GS3 will be, but the one I had with Verizon had poor reception. It was a great phone otherwise, but I would miss calls in fringe areas where previous phones would hold strong.

Seems to be more common among most Sammys that I have owned.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMAM View Post
    any info
    thanks
    My belief is that the signal problem lies with the 1900 mhz band they are using. I didn't realize it before but when the phone displays 4G LTE both data and voice switch over. I had wrongly assumed before that only data was supported by their LTE network. The loss of reception is due to the 1900mhz signals inability to pass through walls very well. When I disable LTE my signal is consistant with my wife's Showcase.

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have had my GS3 for a week now and haven't noticed any signal problems. Works everywhere my galaxy or milestone work. haven't had any dropped calls. The 4G in Tupelo is pretty nice and didn't have any problems going in and out of buildings yesterday with it. I have Flash installed on my GS3 as well.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just this weekend I got a text from CS stating:

"Due to your high data usage, kyou should switch to Wi-Fi when available until 10/21/2012 to avoid reduced data speeds. Thank you for choosing C Spire."

Now I usually use 3GB to 5GB a month. I have never been throttled down or warned about my data usage.

Has anyone received similar messages? Does anyone know at what point is CS going to start to throttle?

FYI I do have the "Unlimited" plan that evidently is no longer unlimited.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    Just this weekend I got a text from CS stating:

"Due to your high data usage, kyou should switch to Wi-Fi when available until 10/21/2012 to avoid reduced data speeds. Thank you for choosing C Spire."

Now I usually use 3GB to 5GB a month. I have never been throttled down or warned about my data usage.

Has anyone received similar messages? Does anyone know at what point is CS going to start to throttle?

FYI I do have the "Unlimited" plan that evidently is no longer unlimited.
    Wow, I was wondering if they were going to start throttling the old "unlimited" customers. Just to be clear, you have the original Smartphone Unlimited Plan, not one of the newer ones?

From what they have stated on CS's website, you get this message when you are within 500MB of what they consider "high" usage. They won't state what the actual limit is, though, just that it will effect "high data users", whatever that means. You should be able to check an approximation of your current usage on your account, but I would be interested to see where you are. I'm wondering at what point they will start to throttle usage as well. Do you have an idea of how much you've used this month?

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    If they are going to throttle data usage, I'm not sure there's a reason for me to stay with CSpire any more.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes, I have the "Smartphone Unlimited" plan, and I believe I got this when I went just over 3GB. And yes I have gone from recommending and praising Cellular South to trying to find justification for staying with them. I renewed my contract 6 months ago when I upgraded due to my phone dying. I have told my wife, who's contract is up in November to not upgrade under any circumstance. If needed we will pay full price for a phone, but I don't want to be under any contract with C Spire again.

With C Spire
    "Unlimited" is not Unlimited.
    "Infinite Data" is not infinite even if you have a 4G LTE phone such as the GSIII - Yes you will just reach the throttle limit faster.
    "4G LTE" is not 4G if you have the 4G iPhone 5.

To put is lightly --- C Spire now smells of excrement.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    choiced_inf.jpgIt gets me that on the compare chart of there's it implies that you can use 10gig. If they were truthful they would compare at were they cut you off at 3gig.