Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Originally Posted by RogerG Continued here.... Originally Posted by msmith198025 "I jailbroke mine with Absinthe ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Continued here....
    Originally Posted by msmith198025

"I jailbroke mine with Absinthe and I have a PC.

After you get that done, you will be able to do alot of what you have complaints with. Mywi will solve your tethering problem, and there are themes that you can use to get a more custom look. If you want to go far enough with it you can even get quasi HTC sense widgets (I have not done this, but have seen it).

Lots of other features out there in the jailbreak world. Give it a look.

I highly recommend doing it. It is as easy or easier than the rooting most of us are familiar with."

I wanted to reply to this post but since it was on the previous thread I had to cut and paste. My question is besides msmith198025, has anyone else done this jailbreak? msmith198025 you seem to have had good luck with it so what are your thoughts. Are there bugs and other issues? I hear that once you jailbreak you can't go back to the original like we can on android so I am way more nervous about potential problems. Thanks in advance for your input!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You can most certainly restore an iPhone to factory after a jailbreak. I did it with my i4 right before I sold it.

If you want to know more about jailbreaking and jailbreaking tweaks, make sure you visit the iPhone threads here on the Stacks.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    According to this article http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...0,905986.story Light Squared, CS's planned supplier of 4G roaming, is not going to get to turn on its network. I am sure that this is creating a large gap in CS's plans to launch 4G LTE.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    According to this article http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...0,905986.story Light Squared, CS's planned supplier of 4G roaming, is not going to get to turn on its network. I am sure that this is creating a large gap in CS's plans to launch 4G LTE.
    Yes, I would agree... that probably is creating an issue for CS. I'm assuming they're still building out their own LTE with Samsung, as they said, but without LightSquared, they're going to have to go to Verizon, Sprint, etc for roaming. And that introduces issues of it's own with different bandwidths, etc.

Hey, any of you guys familiar with the Desire (rooting, unrooting, etc)? Someone on another forum was asking how to unroot a Desire, and I'm not familiar with that phone. Is there a stock 2.2 ROM anywhere?

teoff no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    Any news on 4g or new phones? gs2? gs3? G Note? Nexus? anything lol
    I wish we'd get the Galaxy Note. Or the Galaxy Journal, as the Note is being released as on Verizon. I like the look of that phone.

Maybe in 2016.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post

I wanted to reply to this post but since it was on the previous thread I had to cut and paste. My question is besides msmith198025, has anyone else done this jailbreak? msmith198025 you seem to have had good luck with it so what are your thoughts. Are there bugs and other issues? I hear that once you jailbreak you can't go back to the original like we can on android so I am way more nervous about potential problems. Thanks in advance for your input!
    I have been very pleased with the results of doing this. Got to get my hands on a few apps that I wanted, and have noticed zero issues when it comes to day to day usability and smoothness.

And you can restore it to the original condition, so I would not let that bother you.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by teoff View Post
    I wish we'd get the Galaxy Note. Or the Galaxy Journal, as the Note is being released as on Verizon. I like the look of that phone.

Maybe in 2016.
    that would really be nice

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    So, its been quite sone time since I posted on the stacks, much less the cellukar south thread. I just got a new X2 and I live it so far. Its a giant improvement from the Hero. Whats everyone been up to for the past two years or so?
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Joining the dark side (apple) Hahahaha................But seriously where is everybody there use to be post everyday now I only see new ones every few weeks or months?

It seems like everyone got the phones they all wanted and started rooting and jailbreaking and just stopped posting. Its almost as if when pMarshall and myself stopped posting on a regular basis, that everyone just stopped reading like they used to. Then they all started getting the new phones and posted about rooting. Maybe I'll be able to be here like I used to. I'm not gonna be able to post any articles for a while tho.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    It seems like everyone got the phones they all wanted and started rooting and jailbreaking and just stopped posting. Its almost as if when pMarshall and myself stopped posting on a regular basis, that everyone just stopped reading like they used to. Then they all started getting the new phones and posted about rooting. Maybe I'll be able to be here like I used to. I'm not gonna be able to post any articles for a while tho.
    Great to see you back on the Stacks, gets!

Yeah, it does seem slow in here these days... I check pretty often, but don't have much to post most of the time. Just waiting for LTE to get in place, and some nice new phones to go with it. I like my Galaxy, and I'm squeezing as much use out of it as I can, but a Nexus or GSII would be great.

On another note, I won a HTC 7 Pro Windows Phone on CSpire's "circle"... finally got it yesterday, so I'm going to try it out for a while because I've never used a windows phone. It's not the latest and greatest or anything, but looks like a nice phone. Anyone have one?

That's pretty sweet, I've been trying to decide wether or not I want to join all that new crap. I'm glad they let us keep our old unlimited plans.

I'm just happy that I now have a device that can actually keep up with what I want to do on the web or other things I do on it lol.

Its good to be back Roger, I've missed it all.

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Good to see you back on here getsuga. Its been a while for me too. As far as phones go, im debasing on getting the 5th gen iphone later this year icspire doesn't get any good androids

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast