Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

i predict a simultaneous launch with the iphone 5. but that's just my opinion... C Spire/Cellular South forum

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

i predict a simultaneous launch with the iphone 5. but that's just my opinion
    Last edited by chokem; 09-18-2012 at 05:53 PM.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Leave it to add144 to stir up a ruckus...

on another note, kyle is probably right, they will probably do a simultaneous launch. My contract is up in Nov, so I'm waiting; it may be a time for changing carriers at this point, I'm going to wait and see.

daa411 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Has anyone heard if the SIII is going to have the locked bootloader like Verizon's?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by daa411 View Post
    Has anyone heard if the SIII is going to have the locked bootloader like Verizon's?
    http://thenonprofessionalblogger.blo...ng-galaxy.html
    AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint are offering the Samsung Galaxy S3 with an unlocked bootloader along with the variant offered by US Cellular in the US market.

Looks like it won't according to this article. I'm no expert but would guess that it won't. Most likely would have heard something by now if it would be, and I don't remember seeing anything on any other sites regarding an S3 with a locked bootloader outside of Verizons.

Quote Originally Posted by daa411 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    http://thenonprofessionalblogger.blo...ng-galaxy.html
    AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint are offering the Samsung Galaxy S3 with an unlocked bootloader along with the variant offered by US Cellular in the US market.

Looks like it won't according to this article. I'm no expert but would guess that it won't. Most likely would have heard something by now if it would be, and I don't remember seeing anything on any other sites regarding an S3 with a locked bootloader outside of Verizons.
    Yeah, I haven't heard but I'm guessing that we will get the Sprint varinant... one of the articles linked by someone else a page or so back indicated that our 4G LTE roaming would be with Sprint, also.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    I saw that, and was wondering the same thing.

C Spire may be throttling high data users

There are folks over on the CSpire website saying that they have received a text warning them that they have used too much data, and that their speeds would be reduced for the remainder of that month. One guy said he received the message when he had used just under 3GB, and he pays the $30 extra for unlimited video streaming. That doesn't seem right.

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    With all the rebranding, plan changes, just wondering if they even know what is going on. Our contracts are up in December maybe time to make a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    With all the rebranding, plan changes, just wondering if they even know what is going on. Our contracts are up in December maybe time to make a switch.
    I'm going to ride it out for a bit, my contract is up in November. I wanna see how the 4G is, and see what other changes they're going to make. I can get a pretty hefty discount from Verizon thru work, so we'll see...

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    There are folks over on the CSpire website saying that they have received a text warning them that they have used too much data, and that their speeds would be reduced for the remainder of that month. One guy said he received the message when he had used just under 3GB, and he pays the $30 extra for unlimited video streaming. That doesn't seem right.
    under cspires terms with choice data plan
    here http://www.cspire.com/shop_and_learn...d=prod28420405

"Service is not intended to provide full-time connections, and the Service may be discontinued after a significant period of inactivity or after sessions of excessive usage. C Spire reserves the right to (i) limit throughput or amount of data transferred, deny Service and/or terminate Service, without notice, to anyone it believes is using the Service in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts its network or service levels and (ii) protect its network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows."

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Mental fart. Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    under cspires terms with choice data plan
    here http://www.cspire.com/shop_and_learn...d=prod28420405

"Service is not intended to provide full-time connections, and the Service may be discontinued after a significant period of inactivity or after sessions of excessive usage. C Spire reserves the right to (i) limit throughput or amount of data transferred, deny Service and/or terminate Service, without notice, to anyone it believes is using the Service in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts its network or service levels and (ii) protect its network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows."
    Ya, I read through the terms, I'm just surprised that they would start throttling at 3GB... that's not that much, if you're doing a lot of video streaming. One would expect that if they paid for unlimited video streaming, they wouldn't get throttled. It is within the terms for that plan, though.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Yeah, I haven't heard but I'm guessing that we will get the Sprint varinant... one of the articles linked by someone else a page or so back indicated that our 4G LTE roaming would be with Sprint, also.
    cough cough nudge nudge
    and yes i added the underline and bold

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    I would bet they are testing the new release of Jelly Bean(android 4.1).
    Dang the Samsung will not come out the Jelly Bean.

"...The Samsung Galaxy S III features a brilliant 4.8 inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display, a 1.5 GHz dual core processor, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich mobile operating system, 16 GB of onboard storage, an 8 megapixel camera with 1080p HD quality recording and a removable 2100 mAh battery. The company is accepting customer pre-orders for the popular 4G LTE smartphone at www.cspire.com/gs3...."

I did read that the Samsung Galaxy S III has five different versions for the United State alone. Maybe C-Spires version is the sixth.