Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Originally Posted by frenchfry I am surprised that C-Spire is getting the IPhone 5 only ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    I am surprised that C-Spire is getting the IPhone 5 only one week after the big boys. I thought it would be one month or so before the smaller carriers would get it.

http://www.cspire.com//company_info/...tryId=15000026
    and they still dont have a date for the GSIII?????

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    and they still dont have a date for the GSIII?????
    I would bet they are testing the new release of Jelly Bean(android 4.1).

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    I would bet they are testing the new release of Jelly Bean(android 4.1).
    I kinda had that thought....but didn't want to get my hopes up for nothing

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Howdy my fellow friends!! its been a while yes... sgs3 should be towards the end of this month

Simultaneous launches of the galaxy and iPhone , the stores are going to be a mad house Iwonder if Apple has has some influence on launch date of the galaxy

Duplicate post

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    Simultaneous launches of the galaxy and iPhone , the stores are going to be a mad house Iwonder if Apple has has some influence on launch date of the galaxy
    Im sure they did or cspire pushed it back to come out at the same time that way the would have the cash rolling in. Doesn't matter to me I wont be upgrading this year $400+ to upgrade and have to get off my cheap unlimited plan I'm just going to ride the ole 4s out may upgrade when the 5s comes out next year

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've got two lines with C Spire, both with smartphone unlimited plans. I've been waiting so long for them to get the iphone and then when they did, decided to wait it out to the iphone 5. I can't see paying full price for a gadget or 2 when our phones are still working ok, so I did look at the plans and considered getting new phones on contract with an $80 Unlimited Calling & Data / $60 500 min & Data setup which would be around what we are paying now. We don't stream videos much at all and these plans include unlimited audio streaming (Pandora). Just wondering if we should be suckered into new plans or buy one phone at a time full price (and if so, is 16 GB enough?) I know this is more of a "thinking out loud" question and personal preference, but just wondering what some of you may do.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    you get 30 min of video streaming per month anyway... or u could when they first came up w/ these new plans

Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    I've got two lines with C Spire, both with smartphone unlimited plans. I've been waiting so long for them to get the iphone and then when they did, decided to wait it out to the iphone 5. I can't see paying full price for a gadget or 2 when our phones are still working ok, so I did look at the plans and considered getting new phones on contract with an $80 Unlimited Calling & Data / $60 500 min & Data setup which would be around what we are paying now. We don't stream videos much at all and these plans include unlimited audio streaming (Pandora). Just wondering if we should be suckered into new plans or buy one phone at a time full price (and if so, is 16 GB enough?) I know this is more of a "thinking out loud" question and personal preference, but just wondering what some of you may do.

You still get the 30 min of streaming with those plans.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    As far as the 16gb being enough. Only you can decide that. I had already filled up a 16gb card on my android phone, so when I went with the iPhone I decided to go 32GB, 16gb was not going to be enough. The 32gb has been plenty for me. I would say if you plan on storing a lot of music and photos/videos then you will need something larger then 16gb.

BTW. The iPhone 5 does not offer enough advancement for me to update from the 4S. LTE would be nice, but to be honest 3G is fast enough for me to do what ever I want on the 4S, I don't see where I would make that much use of 4G. I definitely don't see signing up for one of the existing plans to get the contract price for a phone. At $80/month more for two phones, I can pay the full price for a phone and get my money back fairly quick.

I agree about the 32 gig. That's the one I'm leaning towards. @fd59- if you don't mind me asking, what would make your plans $80 more a month? And another question, do you have to pay the 5 bucks a month for insurance if you buy the Applecare +? Sorry for all the questions guys.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    I agree about the 32 gig. That's the one I'm leaning towards. @fd59- if you don't mind me asking, what would make your plans $80 more a month? And another question, do you have to pay the 5 bucks a month for insurance if you buy the Applecare +? Sorry for all the questions guys.
    Right now, if you have the old Smartphone Unlimited Plan, second line for half price, your monthly bill is ~ $120.00/mo before the taxes and other charges. If you want to get an "equivalent" plan, the only way to do that is have each of your phones on the new Unlimited Minutes Choice Data+, which would be $200 for 2 lines, thus $80/mo more. None of the Family Share plans have unlimited minutes, so those don't work for a lot of people. I know it wouldn't work for us.

If you pay the extra $5.99/line for picture texting, the comparison becomes $68/mo more for the new plan.

That's comparing apples to apples; one could argue whether you "need" the same plan, but I don't want to give up my Smartphone Unlimited Plan at this point.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    jbreakfield nailed it. I have two (Mine & Wife) phones on the Smartphone Unlimited plan, and the 2000 minutes would not be enough for the both of us. You don't have to get the insurance if you have AppleCare+ coverage. However, AppleCare+ will not cover lost or stolen phone and the Insurance will. AppleCare+ = $48 repalcement fee and Insurance = $150 replacement fee.

Based on our actual usage Verizon or AT&T would actually be cheaper for us then C Spire, espically since I get approx. 25% discount from either though our company's employee discount plan.
    Last edited by fd59; 09-17-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Right now, if you have the old Smartphone Unlimited Plan, second line for half price, your monthly bill is ~ $120.00/mo before the taxes and other charges. If you want to get an "equivalent" plan, the only way to do that is have each of your phones on the new Unlimited Minutes Choice Data+, which would be $200 for 2 lines, thus $80/mo more. None of the Family Share plans have unlimited minutes, so those don't work for a lot of people. I know it wouldn't work for us.

If you pay the extra $5.99/line for picture texting, the comparison becomes $68/mo more for the new plan.

That's comparing apples to apples; one could argue whether you "need" the same plan, but I don't want to give up my Smartphone Unlimited Plan at this point.
    Thanks. That makes sense. Wasn't sure which plan was being referred to.