Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

this was sent out by the Greenville Chamber of Commerce....... September 14 Celebrate the launch ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

this was sent out by the Greenville Chamber of Commerce.......
    September 14
    Celebrate the launch of Personalized 4G LTE with C Spire Wireless, 11:30 am
    You’re invited to join C Spire Wireless and other special guests as we celebrate the launch of Personalized 4G LTE in Greenville! Enjoy food, giveaways and an inaugural first call on
    our next-generation network, which promises speeds up to 10 times faster. C Spire Wireless located in Greenville at 1825 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. Get faster now at www.cspire.com.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    this was sent out by the Greenville Chamber of Commerce.......
    September 14
    Celebrate the launch of Personalized 4G LTE with C Spire Wireless, 11:30 am
    You’re invited to join C Spire Wireless and other special guests as we celebrate the launch of Personalized 4G LTE in Greenville! Enjoy food, giveaways and an inaugural first call on
    our next-generation network, which promises speeds up to 10 times faster. C Spire Wireless located in Greenville at 1825 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. Get faster now at www.cspire.com.

That would indicate that at least SOMEONE will have a 4G capable phone to make that first call... wonder if it will be a GSIII...?

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    That would indicate that at least SOMEONE will have a 4G capable phone to make that first call... wonder if it will be a GSIII...?
    That news release is just a little incorrect. Unless he does a voip call on skype. C-Spire does not have voice over LTE yet.

On another note, Verizon turned on 4G in West Point, Ms this week.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    That news release is just a little incorrect. Unless he does a voip call on skype. C-Spire does not have voice over LTE yet.

On another note, Verizon turned on 4G in West Point, Ms this week.
    Haha, true, I just assumed that they meant they would have a 4G enabled phone, and make a call from that phone, and do some 4G web surfing or something. The "inaugural first call" part just being hype for the news release.

Cspire announced on twitter......

Personalized 4G LTE is now here. Get news on 4G LTE, the Motorola Photon Q and the Samsung Galaxy S III @ http://tlk.tc/SQFF .

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    Cspire announced on twitter......

Personalized 4G LTE is now here. Get news on 4G LTE, the Motorola Photon Q and the Samsung Galaxy S III @ http://tlk.tc/SQFF .
    Yeah, I got an email with the announcement. They posted on the CSpire Circle that the Galaxy S III release is targeted for the end of September.

Well, it seems that CSpire is now going to REQUIRE that you choose a new plan when you upgrade your smartphone, unless you pay full price for the new phone. This is very unfortunate.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, it seems that CSpire is now going to REQUIRE that you choose a new plan when you upgrade your smartphone, unless you pay full price for the new phone. This is very unfortunate.
    I saw that coming theirs no way they would let us keep our old cheaper plans and get 4G. I'm happy with my iPhone so I'm just going to ride it out as long as I can I have 2 years of Icare so I'm good on the phone lasting and with the slow speeds and unreliable data from there 3G I want to see how there 4G is before I would want to pay more for it.

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    That sucks, but it figures. Wonder what this will cost me

At least part of the 4G roaming question has been answered. The phonescoop article states that the Motorola Q will roam on Sprints new LTE network. Sprints hopes to have LTE in 100 markets by the end of the year. That is not a lot, but it is a start at least.

C-Spire
    http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=11102
    Sprint
    http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=11104

maybe a dumb question but will we be able to talk and surf with LTE

Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    maybe a dumb question but will we be able to talk and surf with LTE
    yes, a cspire rep told me his boss called him while watching a video couple days ago while testing in Greenville

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well then, it looks like I will be paying full price if/when I decide to get a 4G device. My monthly costs would be up about 80$ more for two phones, and I would then still be worried about going over the 2000 allotted minuets with work. Sorry, but no thanks Cspire, I will stick with my 3G Unlimited plan and/or pay for my device outright.

Looks like the new iPhone will be Cspire ready, plenty of band options on it.

GSM / EDGE / GPRS: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    CDMA: 800 / 1900
    UMTS / HSPA+ / DC-HSPA+ : 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    LTE: Bands 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 13 / 17 / 25 (not all models carry all bands)

CSpire really has us on these new plans. I am thinking about waiting to see if they offer some new plans. So if anybody has a GII or Milestone X2 for sell let me know. My Galaxy has bit the dust.

I am surprised that C-Spire is getting the IPhone 5 only one week after the big boys. I thought it would be one month or so before the smaller carriers would get it.

http://www.cspire.com//company_info/...tryId=15000026