Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

If you're having the same symptoms I was, it might help you. I had already ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

niceguy no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

If you're having the same symptoms I was, it might help you. I had already tried powering the phone off and on and pulling the battery but no effect. It wasn't until they did the remote reset/activation that the issue finally was resolved.

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    there is something you can dial on your phone to reactivate, can't remember what it is

It's *228, at least for my Android Galaxy S...

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has any one heard any "inside" news of what other new phones are coming to Cspire? I'm not impressed with the HTC One V or Samsung Galaxy 2 and I'm really not concerned about the Galaxy III. I wouldn't mine seeing the HTC Evo 4g LTE or one of the higher end new LG phones. I'm also holding on to see if they'll release the Iphone 5 if it ever drops.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    Has any one heard any "inside" news of what other new phones are coming to Cspire? I'm not impressed with the HTC One V or Samsung Galaxy 2 and I'm really not concerned about the Galaxy III. I wouldn't mine seeing the HTC Evo 4g LTE or one of the higher end new LG phones. I'm also holding on to see if they'll release the Iphone 5 if it ever drops.
    I haven't heard of anything other than the Galaxy SIII, although I'm sure they will get the next gen iPhone pretty soon after it comes out. I'll most likely get the GSIII, but I don't have an upgrade until November so I'll see what's available then. I would get a Nexus phone if they offered it, but I'm not holding my breath...

What don't you like about the Galaxy SIII?

Any huge advantage with the S3 aside from 4g capability? I haven't been too happy with CSpire's 3g network, in the city, so any credible hope that 4g is any better?

Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    Any huge advantage with the S3 aside from 4g capability? I haven't been too happy with CSpire's 3g network, in the city, so any credible hope that 4g is any better?
    I guess it depends on what you're comparing it to, and what city you're in. I have good 3g network in most of the places I go, with my Galaxy S. (I range from Daphne, AL along the gulf coast to Pascagoula) I won't have 4g in Daphne to begin with, but it's supposed to be in Pascagoula in September.

The SIII has better hardware than most everything out right now. If CSpire gets the HTC One X, that would be a comparable phone, but I'm not sure if they will get more than one "high end" android at a time.

So the S3 is that much better than the regular S? Faster CPU?

Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    So the S3 is that much better than the regular S? Faster CPU?
    Oh yeah, Dual core 1.5GHz CPU, 2 GB RAM... Our showcase is single core 1GHz CPU, 512MB of RAM

It's funny, I've built and OC'd a few desktops and laptops but just don't have much interest in a much higher performing phone except for consistent fast internet speed. However, I may simply not be using enough of the phone at the moment to need more performance. Although a tablet for work use/invoicing,etc I could really use down the road....
    Maybe I should get to know my phone a little better first, maybe I'm missing something lol...

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The Samsung Galaxy III is ok, but I would like to see CSpire get the HTC EVO 4G LTE. I've read excellent reviews about it and it has a battery that just won't quit. Also, I'm curious to see how the Iphone 5 will be.

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Love to see any truly new phone, so tired of getting what everybody else had a year ago. Nexus S or One would be great

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by add144 View Post
    If we get the version with the unlocked bootloader, I'm sticking with C Spire. Strictly because I know, living in Jackson, that we will be the first to LTE, when it does in fact go live. With Verizon, there's no telling when they'll get LTE in Jackson, could be soon, could be no time soon. At least with C Spire I know it's gonna happen soon(er).
    Just to let you know, Verizon already has LTE in jackson, has for a little while. If fact, and this boggles my mind to no end, they have added LTE service in Waynesboro, in rural Wayne county, even before Hattiesburg and Laurel. That to me makes no sense.

BUT, since I seem to be the only person in town with a 4G phone, I am getting FANTASTIC speeds.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/C...datacoverage4g
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    I read this, not sure about it,

http://samsunggalaxys3how.com/c-spir...ung-galaxy-s3/

says 20 markets
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

Quote Originally Posted by WAMAM View Post
    I read this, not sure about it,

http://samsunggalaxys3how.com/c-spir...ung-galaxy-s3/

says 20 markets
    Yeah, that's the same thing that CSpire's announcement said... 20 markets first, further coverage to come later.

You can see which markets HERE on CS's site. I won't actually get 4G in my home area in Sept, but I'll see it where I work on the Gulf Coast. Of course, I won't be able to get a 4G phone till around November...