Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

I hope that's not true Androids a good platform but iOS is more stable I ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I hope that's not true Androids a good platform but iOS is more stable I would hope to be able to upgrade to the iPhone 5s or 6 which ever comes next year.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    I hope that's not true Androids a good platform but iOS is more stable I would hope to be able to upgrade to the iPhone 5s or 6 which ever comes next year.
    I don't know about that, we've had quite a few annoying issues with my wife's 4S.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    What issue have y'all had. I heard of a few but nowhere even close to android especially the galaxy my wife has had nothing but issues out of hers and now the charger port is messed up right after it goes out of warranty.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Only issues I've had with my 4S were related to jailbreaking tweaks.

You guys need to post in other threads, too! As I've said before, there's some valuable experience in here. Share the wealth!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    What issue have y'all had. I heard of a few but nowhere even close to android especially the galaxy my wife has had nothing but issues out of hers and now the charger port is messed up right after it goes out of warranty.
    Some minor stuff with texting, but the big thing is that her contacts were randomly being deleted; at the time she wasn't doing backups with itunes, so had to go through and figure out who was gone. I've not been able to find a reason or solution for it, but I did find online where others had the problem.

I've not had many issues with the Galaxy S, but I do run custom ROMs on mine. I think the biggest issues with Android are when the manufacturers stray too far from "stock" android. Running ICS on my Galaxy S, I haven't had any issues since the last stable release. The devs are working on Jelly Bean for it now, so I expect to actually use that for a while before my upgrade rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by add144 View Post
    Oh neat. Just what we all wanted. The SGSII.
    add in the house!
    Are you still CSpire, or did you switch carriers?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Only issues I've had with my 4S were related to jailbreaking tweaks.

You guys need to post in other threads, too! As I've said before, there's some valuable experience in here. Share the wealth!
    I'll try to stick my head in on some other threads... any particular ones you were thinking about?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Nah, just go where you think your expertise might be needed. Been a little slow here lately, but we'll be livening things up a bit in the next week or so. It IS our 8th anniversary this month, ya know.

niceguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm going to CSpire tomorrow hopefully as my texts are taking over 3 days to be received! I'm not sure this is a carrier issue now, as my brother's Milestone X2 is also with CSpire and his texting is fine, he sent me a text today to verify. I can receive them fine but when I send them to someone regardless of carrier, they take days. Other than this crap, the phone has been really good.

Jeremy

I smell a boatload of bullshit. AT&T isn't even the same type of carrier as C Spire from a technical standpoint; they're GSM, we're CDMA. And AT&T would have absolutely zero benefit for helping C Spire do anything, much less to help C Spire get their best selling line of phones. And the iPhone is going no where. C Spire is selling the **** out of them. We may not get the iPhone 5 at launch, but that doesn't mean the 4 and 4S are going anywhere and that we won't eventually get the 5.

Sup slutbag. Yes, I'm still with doucheSpire. Just sitting back and watching them **** everything up as usual. You know, things like launching the SGSII with zero promotion just months before they plan on launching the SGSIII. Stupid **** like that. The usual.
    Same here, just hanging tight, waiting for the SGSIII and my update, then deciding if I'm going to stay with CS or not...
    Enjoying ICS on the Galaxy, though, and looking forward to Jelly Bean when it comes around...

Our phone just doesn't have the resources to run ICS well enough to satisfy me. I am running it, but it's getting on my nerves, I need better hardware. What ROM are you on?

Oh and if C Spire get's the Verizon douche version of the SGSIII with the locked bootloader I will be pissed and will leave C Spire.
    Mine is running pretty well with ICS, just a few quirks here and there. I'm running the AOKP Devil build by Steve Spear; have you tried either of the Milestone 6 AOKP for Showcase?

Oh and if C Spire get's the Verizon douche version of the SGSIII with the locked bootloader I will be pissed and will leave C Spire.
    US Cellular's version doesn't have the locked bootloader, so hopefully ours won't, either. I'm leaning towards leaving CSpire as well if we do get the locked bootloader, although I'm not sure what carrier I would go with. Verizon is the only other one with decent coverage where I need it.

Point me in the direction of the Devil build. And I believe I used Milestone a while back. I'm out of the loop just enough that I'm getting all this **** confused now.

If we get the version with the unlocked bootloader, I'm sticking with C Spire. Strictly because I know, living in Jackson, that we will be the first to LTE, when it does in fact go live. With Verizon, there's no telling when they'll get LTE in Jackson, could be soon, could be no time soon. At least with C Spire I know it's gonna happen soon(er).
    Milestone 6 is the latest AOKP build... it's the last ICS build they are doing, as they have started working on Jelly Bean now.

AOKP Build with Devil kernel for Showcase is HERE (pretty sure it comes with the Devil Config app)

If that one gives you any issues, try the Offical AOKP Build for Showcase HERE

They've made a lot of improvements with the kernels in these builds; with Devil kernel I can overclock a lot more than ever before, with rock solid stability. Check them out and let me know how they work for you.
    You know all the installation stuff for ICS, no 3 finger recovery, yadda yadda...

niceguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well no huge news here but I seem to have the massive text delay issue resolved for now. My little brother was at CSpire getting his phone checked out and I had him let the CS guy know what was going on while I was at work. They did a remote reset and after reactivating the phone, texting is back to normal...for now. He wants me to try the Galaxy3 phone but I'm not sure what I'm going to do...I wouldn't mind having his 'old' Milestone X2 if he upgrades....

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    I'm going to CSpire tomorrow hopefully as my texts are taking over 3 days to be received! I'm not sure this is a carrier issue now, as my brother's Milestone X2 is also with CSpire and his texting is fine, he sent me a text today to verify. I can receive them fine but when I send them to someone regardless of carrier, they take days. Other than this crap, the phone has been really good.

Jeremy
    My wife and I are both having texting issues. She uses iPhone 4S and I use a galaxy on a custom rom, sometimes we get text sometimes we don't, random timing.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast