Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Originally Posted by jbreakfield Anyone with a Galaxy S Showcase, if you're still on version ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Anyone with a Galaxy S Showcase, if you're still on version 2.3.5, there is a new update to 2.3.6 on Samsung's support site. It's supposed to fix many of the issues that came with the last update.

I'm waiting on some reports of whether the radio in this version seems better.
    Any clue if this is EH03 like verizon got?

edit: its FE29 according to Samsung's website

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    Any clue if this is EH03 like verizon got?

edit: its FE29 according to Samsung's website
    Yeah, I was going to say, it's FE29... but I'm guessing it's just a "CSpire" version of the EH03 that Verizon got.

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    care to share a link, to the download of the 2.36
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

Quote Originally Posted by WAMAM View Post
    care to share a link, to the download of the 2.36
    I found it, got it installed

Quote Originally Posted by WAMAM View Post
    I found it, got it installed
    Great! Sorry, should have put the link in before... for anyone else, here's a link to instructions from CSpire:

http://circle.cspire.com/servlet/Jiv...3%20Update.pdf

niceguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'll wait and see what you more gutsy users think of the latest update...I've always been more of a "if it ain't broke..." type and so far the phone has been really problem free. I did have some crazy text issues over the last few weeks with people of various networks not getting my texts for up to 2 days and vice versa but that seems to be fixed (members here felt it was a carrier issue though I didn't have time to get with CSpire yet)..

Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    I'll wait and see what you more gutsy users think of the latest update...I've always been more of a "if it ain't broke..." type and so far the phone has been really problem free. I did have some crazy text issues over the last few weeks with people of various networks not getting my texts for up to 2 days and vice versa but that seems to be fixed (members here felt it was a carrier issue though I didn't have time to get with CSpire yet)..
    so for better signal for Me, 3 bars at home instead of 2
    that is a plus, I havent had that since the EH09 was installed

That's good to know. I'm on the outskirts of Memphis and pretty much maintain 4 bars on my Galaxy S except in certain pocket areas or rural places out of town. The 3g signal can be infuriating even in town...when it works it works pretty quickly for mobile, but when it doesn't, fuggetaboutit! My phone came with 2.3.5 btw...

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Running build 40 of AOKP now with much better battery life and less forces closes than the last cspire update. Overall really nice rom for the galaxy. Can definitely see keeping this phone much longer now.

Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    Running build 40 of AOKP now with much better battery life and less forces closes than the last cspire update. Overall really nice rom for the galaxy. Can definitely see keeping this phone much longer now.
    That's the same that I'm running as well, and it's by far the best ROM I've had on this phone. I have heard that the radio in the new update gives a little better reception, so I'm probably going to update to get the radio, then flash back to AOKP. Just fyi, they have released a AOKP Milestone 6 for the Showcase; it's the last ICS build they are doing. They're starting work on Jelly Bean AOKP, so hopefully we will get that at some point. The Nexus S is supposed to be able to run JB, so we should have no trouble with it.

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3
    When did they announce the Galaxy SII? Saw it on the home page
    http://www.cspire.com/shop_and_learn...012_Galaxy_SII

Quote Originally Posted by gnohra View Post
    When did they announce the Galaxy SII? Saw it on the home page
    http://www.cspire.com/shop_and_learn...012_Galaxy_SII
    They didn't really announce it... they just started selling them on Thursday, and it showed up on the Web Site. They also have the HTC One V now...

Aside from a few annoyances here and there, mostly a funky lack of 3g consistency in town, I'm still pretty happy with my Galaxy S, though I only paid $29 for it with contract. My Hero died suddenly with still 8 months before my contract was up....I have a friend w/the One, I'm going to have a look at it this weekend just out of curiosity...

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    nice to see the new phones, would really like to the see HTC One X or the new Nexus S 4G come on board. For right now with the custom rom (thanks jbreakfield) I can't see getting a new phone just to get a new OLD phone.

FWIW, my brother just told me this evening that our local CSpire had the One X available though I haven't been in the store since buying my Galaxy....he just dropped his Milestone X2 from 20ft while working on a job. It still works but the internal speaker is on the fritz now and requires a restart sometimes lol...He also mentioned that he heard that ATT had something to do with setting up the Iphone for CSpire (no idea what he meant),that it was part of the reason for our screwy delayed text messaging lately and that CSpire was getting rid of the Iphone, though again, I have no idea where he got the info or whether or not any of it is accurate.

The intermittent texting delay is aggravating though....

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast