Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Hey everyone. Been a while since I posted. Things have been really hectic for the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Hey everyone. Been a while since I posted. Things have been really hectic for the last month or so. I am getting super excited about the release of all these new devices. Been checking out all the videos I can find on youtube about them. Samsung looks like a great device, as does the milestone and Desire. ! hope that there find their way over to CS. One of my guys got the Evo today. I played with it for a couple hours, and it was awesome! Definitely got me excited about the new devices coming to CS. Seems like just about 6 months or so ago people were waiting with as much anticipation for the hero and tour to be released! What a viscous cycle! We are never satisfied! Lol. Just think of the options that will be coming in the next 6 months to a year!

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    We def will..thanks
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    testing new phones huh? hopefully we will see them roll out before the end of the month. sorry for your loss pm I'll drink one for ya

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    PM, Hang in there bro! It will get easier... I been there.

Thanks everyone, had a good night with the family. So I'm reading the front page of pinstack and qualcomm has new 1.2ghz chip, wonder how long til we begin reading about it in a phone. Dm good to see ya posting. ATT and VZW both dropped their unlimited data plans. Csouth will not be doing that. Front page of my morning newsletter at work said "thanks ATT for makjng Csouth look that much better." Pretty funny.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

looks like cs will be getting more customers pm. also will cs do a better job of getting up to date phones faster. thats a sticking point with some folks I know. and the will cs customers be able to get the data network to work outside of local coverage area
    Last edited by garblicks; 06-05-2010 at 12:03 PM.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Garblicks that is one of the things people gripe about the most and if they step it up in that area it will make a big difference

when I talked to htc the rep said cs gets htc phones thru htc's distributer not the company itself. that maybe a reason why cs phones are so late coming out. if cs uses this practice with every company they deal with I'm assuming cs is getting the no frills stock version of their phones with only their home page on the web the only way you'd know its a cs phone. I've never seen cs branded on their phones never!
    Last edited by garblicks; 06-05-2010 at 12:19 PM.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Now that you mention it neither have I, only in the software

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    looks like cs will be getting more customers pm. also will cs do a better job of getting up to date phones faster. thats a sticking point with some folks I know. and the will cs customers be able to get the data network to work outside of local coverage area
    Hey garb, what do you mean about getting the data network to work outside of the local coverage area?

like whenever I go north of atmore al on I65 or east pass pensacola fl on I10 OR ANYWHERE outside of mississippi mobile memphis areas I cannot use my data at all. I can use wifI if its available but not my data. zero coverage.

Ok, I've not been in the areas you're talking about since I switched to CS in November... I am able to get data in central California (Monterey to San Francisco) and in Norfolk/Newport News, VA...
    That's not good at all that we don't get data coverage in the peripheral areas to the local coverage..

well I go to atlanta and jacksonville fl a lot and don't have data when I travel to those areas

No data connection at all in those areas? That does stink... I'm fairly sure I have 3G connection when in the Atlanta airport, but haven't been anywhere else up that way lately. I will be driving through that area this summer, so I'll take note of what connection I get.

OK, heres the deal with csouth and out of area coverage....once you leave csouths footprint, your at the mercy of whatever tower you are connected to. If your on a tower that does not support data, you have no data, heck you may be on a tower that ONLY supports calls..or text. We in MS have it made, theres TONS of people in the US that dont have internet at all. Csouth def cannto afford to tower up the entore USA so thats how it is as of now. At least Csouth does have theses agreements with other carries to use their towers, internet or no internet, you can still call 911 in case of emergency. The no branded csouth phone response is that we DO in fact have them, check out the new 8530! Csouth gets the same phones other companies get with the same software except BB's and thats carrier base and model base. I dont know who exactly we get the phones through but ive been to HTC meetings and spoken to certain people in the company and we actually send people to samsung to negotiate so i dunno. Everyone enjoying their saturday??
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast