Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Actually I have the Moto Droid with 2.1 and it has live wallpapers so Motorola ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

racerxe24 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Actually I have the Moto Droid with 2.1 and it has live wallpapers so Motorola does have a phone that does live wallpapers...that would mean the Milestone can do it too with the 2.1 update. But it does not do the 720p video...

Also my phone has the 3g icon even though it is technically EVDO on Verizon. It is Rev A. They just changed the EVDO on it to say 3G to make people think it is the same kind of 3G that the gsm carriers have.

The milestone will be a really great phone. I just hope that it comes out from CS with 2.1 on it and not 2.0. Also that it does not have motoblur on it and just the stock android. It is things like motoblur and HTC's sense that cause the long delays in getting updates to newer OS revisions. I would really like to come back to Cell South and if they do get the Moto Shadow I am coming back in a big way. I just hope they keep their unlimited plans and prices.....

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I think the Sprint Evo also says 3G. So some companies may be going to this on newer phones. Traditionally though, the explanation I gave earlier holds true.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yes, some companies need to "show" people so they feel more comfortable. Its like driving a lexus but taking the badges off...its still a lexus but people want to be able to "see" its a lexus.Msmith..what phone? i didnt see a link
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Yes, some companies need to "show" people so they feel more comfortable. Its like driving a lexus but taking the badges off...its still a lexus but people want to be able to "see" its a lexus.Msmith..what phone? i didnt see a link
    Hey pm, we were talking about the Acer Stream

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4
    racer I'd bet it comes with stock 2.0 but without motoblur can be updated as soon as the phone is setup. I keep saying the only reason I'm hesitant on getting a htc is bc of their updates. 2.2 should rectify this that's y I'm hoping htc gets the 2.2 out for all 2010 android phones.

PIN/ID
    ask
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

I was mistaken about it being the Stream that was announced for Canada, though... it was the Acer Liquid E that is available in Canada.

I'm equally hesitant on the milestone bc I don't know if it can handle future update that require high speed processors

PIN/ID
    ask
    I would "think" that the milestone would be OK for the next year at least. At that point, I will upgrade anyway. With no other androids with keyboards on the horizon for us, it will meet my needs fine for now.
    www.sonicbabble.com

I've read that htc's ui is wrapped around google's os that its impossible to get timely updates unless u root your phone. the ui makesthe phone more user friendly but its gonna hurt on the back end with getting updates that's a catch 22

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by garblicks View Post
    I've read that htc's ui is wrapped around google's os that its impossible to get timely updates unless u root your phone. the ui makesthe phone more user friendly but its gonna hurt on the back end with getting updates that's a catch 22
    That is correct. I posted that in the last thread. When they do these android updates for phones that run Sense (or motoblu), not only do they have to update the base OS, they also have to update the skins as well. This is what holds back the upgrades for these skinned phones, and why the Droid gets them so much faster.
    www.sonicbabble.com

I'd get the milestone just bc of that reson. with the 3.0 updates coming out in 2011 I'm not so sure it could handle the update. that's my concern I don't want to get something and in 6 months get left behind. it would be great if motorola or htc address some of these issues but they won't. and it makes me very cautious as to what I should do.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Shoot, ima just say this...all androids are better rooted..point blank. Yes there will be pros and cons but pros out weighthe cons IMO. My next android willlllllll be rooted for sure! Plus it will give us more to talk about especially since 2 are coming out about same time.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

THX for the info pm. should I decide to root mine hopefully you'll help me out

Did any of you guys root your Hero? I decided to just wait for the new phones to come out... but it might be worth it just to get the experience.

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast