Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6061626364656667 LastLast

Originally Posted by rod1906 You guys I can't choose b/w the Motorola Milestone or the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

garblicks no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    You guys I can't choose b/w the Motorola Milestone or the Htc Desire! I've been researching both, hopefully, something will come along that will be a tie-breaker!lol I'm totally new to Android I hope that whatever Android smartphone I get I want get bored with it. I currently own the LG Spyder II, I'm ready for something more exciting. I do hope that the new android I choose have the text-to-speech feature i.e. reading names and numbers aloud. My LG has spoiled me with that feature! It comes handy when I'm driving so I truly hope either phones has that.
    im the same way rob im only concern is future updates after the 2.2 but in all honestly once i can use flash in its entirety im all set. both phones will do the the same things almost the desire will have the ui which will make it smoother and easier to organize but looking head to head its only a couple of seconds faster than the milestone surfing the web. so im back and forth about it myself. also even though the milestone can be overclocked it can be used with the stock rom and still be pretty fast just not as fast as the desire
    Last edited by garblicks; 06-20-2010 at 11:58 AM.

im more inclined to get the milestone bc of its vanilla os but i love the bells and whistles of the desire i might just root the deisre's skin onto my milestone i seen it done

rqw1968 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wow ! What a lot of great info in the stack for this noob ! Anxiously awaiting the Desire. A little apprehensive about not having a physical keyboard and will be my first touchscreen. Are the onscreen keyboards a hassle to use ?

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well if this is your first touchxcreen then it will take some getting used. For me i liked them even better that physical buttons. My brother on the other hand still prefers physical buttons but doesnt mind the touchscreen so he is set on the milestone for best of both worlds.

seriouly, the desire is a better phone. but it might not be the better phone for me. with the new driods moto is putting out with all of them being unclocked tells me the milestone should be able to handle updates beyond the 2.2 but there is nothing official yet

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by rqw1968 View Post
    Wow ! What a lot of great info in the stack for this noob ! Anxiously awaiting the Desire. A little apprehensive about not having a physical keyboard and will be my first touchscreen. Are the onscreen keyboards a hassle to use ?
    I'm gonna throw in another plug for Swype with the touchscreen keyboard... in only a few days, it's made my text entry probably twice as fast on the Hero.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeah, garb, I'm way leaning towards getting the Desire when it comes out... if I thought the Galaxy was going to be coming, I might wait on that, but I doubt it would come before some time next year...

rqw1968 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks, guys. I can't wait. After two BB's, I'm sick of battery pulls and the white screen o'death. Keeping my fingers crossed that same problem doesn't occur with the Desire.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    I'm gonna throw in another plug for Swype with the touchscreen keyboard... in only a few days, it's made my text entry probably twice as fast on the Hero.
    Yes it really does help alot, although it takes some getting used to. once you do though it is really easy, and alot if fun.
    I'm still going with the milestone at this point though. I like the keyboard being there even if I don't, use it. Both are great phones though
    Last edited by msmith198025; 06-20-2010 at 05:59 PM.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Anyone tried slideit?
    Last edited by msmith198025; 06-20-2010 at 06:00 PM.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Anyone tried slideit?
    using it right now kinda cool like the auto spacing still want a keyboard come on milestone.

msmith dont u still have ur droid? if so how do u like it?

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You guys have you all checked out the Samsung Acclaim? It looks pretty cool for a mid-tier level phone. U.S. Cellular is getting it so u know what that means. Usually whatever U.S. Cellular or Sprint gets 9 times outta 10 we'll get hands on it too. Perfect example, U.S. Cellular claimed they would get the HTC Desire first, now look who's jumping on the Desire Bandwagon CSouth! This phone(Samsung Acclaim) would be a great starter Android Samsung phone for CSouth. Since CellSouth is on a roll with these higher end phones, I wonder will we have the rights to the new Motorolas or does Verizon still have those 6 month exclusive rights? Oh, I can't wait to see what's coming soon when the HTC Desire appears on Cellular South's website.

Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    You guys have you all checked out the Samsung Acclaim? It looks pretty cool for a mid-tier level phone. U.S. Cellular is getting it so u know what that means. Usually whatever U.S. Cellular or Sprint gets 9 times outta 10 we'll get hands on it too. Perfect example, U.S. Cellular claimed they would get the HTC Desire first, now look who's jumping on the Desire Bandwagon CSouth! This phone(Samsung Acclaim) would be a great starter Android Samsung phone for CSouth. Since CellSouth is on a roll with these higher end phones, I wonder will we have the rights to the new Motorolas or does Verizon still have those 6 month exclusive rights? Oh, I can't wait to see what's coming soon when the HTC Desire appears on Cellular South's website.
    rob i called cs getting the acclaim last week. verizon still have their 6month exclusive but waiting 9 months for the next generation moto aint bad i say 9 month bc once cs gets it they will test it and matket it 1st. i belive the desire is gonna be the flagship device ive decided to get a milestone and a desire one for me and the wife that way i get the best of both

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just so you know rod, CS actually got the desire before us cellular. Its been rumored for CS since feb which was way before us cellular. A CS employee told me in feb. that it would be coming out late july or early august. He told me this and about the milestone coming out in june or july. Although since pm is limited on what all he can say im guessing this CS employee was not supposed to say anything. PM am I right?